Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice 20:02 - Mar 23 with 1515 viewshabs

Hey everyone,

My ex today was one of the people to be sent a letter to self isolate for 12 weeks owing to her previous issues with blood clots. We have shared care of our 4 year old boy and he lives with her predominantly whilst staying with me every Tuesday-Wednesday and every other weekend. As she now has to self isolate, this may now mean I won't be able to see my son for 12 weeks.. is anyone in a similar position / have any advice?

Thank you
Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 20:14 - Mar 23 with 1439 viewssparks

Its potentially a very sticky issue, which will have lots of people affected and about which there is currently no explicit guidance.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 21:18 - Mar 23 with 1363 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought the NHS letter applied to the recipient not every member of the household.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 21:21 - Mar 23 with 1357 viewsSwansea_Blue

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 20:14 - Mar 23 by sparks

Its potentially a very sticky issue, which will have lots of people affected and about which there is currently no explicit guidance.

There is now. "Stay at home". People shouldn't be mixing households,as tough as that may be on some. Better that than risk spreading the virus to loved ones.

Newcy gets it:
My daily exercise by NewcyBlue 23 Mar 2020 21:07
Will be a bike ride over to Seb’s mums house. Knock on the door and keep well away and talk to him.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 21:55 - Mar 23 with 1298 viewshoppy

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 21:21 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

There is now. "Stay at home". People shouldn't be mixing households,as tough as that may be on some. Better that than risk spreading the virus to loved ones.

Newcy gets it:
Will be a bike ride over to Seb’s mums house. Knock on the door and keep well away and talk to him.

Not sure I’d be alive at the end of it if I tried to bike from ipswich to London every day... think it’s going to be a case of FaceTime to see my son.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 22:17 - Mar 23 with 1251 viewsFootballpete

Newcy gets it:

Is that the case? My kids have been going between mine and their mums house, but have not gone anywhere else nor seen anyone else. Their mum and I have both been working from home for more than a week, and isolated from anyone else. Is this pattern of behaviour no longer allowed?

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 22:31 - Mar 23 with 1226 viewssparks

Newcy gets it:

The edict seems pretty clear- adn well done to Newcy. Though I fear there will be some really big problems in some households.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 22:32]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 10:24 - Mar 24 with 1099 viewsSwansea_Blue

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 22:17 - Mar 23 by Footballpete

Is that the case? My kids have been going between mine and their mums house, but have not gone anywhere else nor seen anyone else. Their mum and I have both been working from home for more than a week, and isolated from anyone else. Is this pattern of behaviour no longer allowed?

This has apparently been addressed in an interview with Gove this morning. I don't think they're giving consistent advice by the sounds of it.

If it was me, I'd want to limit contact. If it's possible for the child(ren) to remain with one parent, that's probably safer for all. Hard to bear for many people I'm sure, but the priority has to be limiting opportunities to spread the disease. My sis-in-law is in this position and they've stopped physical contact as she's in the vulnerable category. It's not been easy for them but they can't take the risk.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 10:32 - Mar 24 with 1082 viewsStokieBlue

Coronavirus Co-parenting Advice on 10:24 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

This has apparently been addressed in an interview with Gove this morning. I don't think they're giving consistent advice by the sounds of it.

If it was me, I'd want to limit contact. If it's possible for the child(ren) to remain with one parent, that's probably safer for all. Hard to bear for many people I'm sure, but the priority has to be limiting opportunities to spread the disease. My sis-in-law is in this position and they've stopped physical contact as she's in the vulnerable category. It's not been easy for them but they can't take the risk.

But if both houses are isolated and the only contact they have had is between the two houses and nobody else it's hard to see how this is different to people all living in one household. The containment group is the same.

It's also hard to see how the chance of the disease spreading during transfer is higher than people doing their exercise once a day or going to the shops and interacting with the staff there who have seen loads of people that day.

It's obviously a complicated situation though.

SB
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 10:32]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024