Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s the French lockdown then 20:34 - Mar 23 with 3078 viewspointofblue

Not to leave homes unless for urgent family matters, travelling to and from essential work, exercise and essential shopping. Police to have powers to enforce the rules.

All shops to be closed selling non-essential goods. Wedding and baptisms etc. cancelled. Outside gyms and leisure facilities closed.

This will be in place for three weeks then being reviewed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:39 - Mar 23 with 3010 viewsMercian

If someone said this to me only 3 weeks ago I would have been outraged, today I totally agree with the measures. Very strange times.
It’s the French lockdown then on 20:40 - Mar 23 with 2988 viewshomer_123

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:39 - Mar 23 by Mercian

If someone said this to me only 3 weeks ago I would have been outraged, today I totally agree with the measures. Very strange times.

It's always been where we were going to end....just how long it took to get here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:44 - Mar 23 with 2950 viewstheinbetweener

What is classed as “essential” work? Do I still go in tomorrow morning and await confirmation from the Director?
what do you do? (n/t) on 20:47 - Mar 23 with 2918 viewsunstableblue

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:44 - Mar 23 by theinbetweener

What is classed as “essential” work? Do I still go in tomorrow morning and await confirmation from the Director?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

what do you do? (n/t) on 20:50 - Mar 23 with 2895 viewstheinbetweener

what do you do? (n/t) on 20:47 - Mar 23 by unstableblue

Manufacturing (non-food/medical related).
It’s the French lockdown then on 20:55 - Mar 23 with 2868 viewsSarge

These ridiculous measures wouldn’t be necessary if the general public would grow the f*ck up. Not everyone has the luxury of living with their loved ones. I now face 3 weeks without seeing anyone I love. Frankly I’d rather die of this virus than go through that. I hate this planet, I hate it’s people. I can’t be on this forum anymore, I wish you all well maybe we’ll speak again one day.
It’s the French lockdown then on 20:59 - Mar 23 with 2841 viewsMercian

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:55 - Mar 23 by Sarge

These ridiculous measures wouldn’t be necessary if the general public would grow the f*ck up. Not everyone has the luxury of living with their loved ones. I now face 3 weeks without seeing anyone I love. Frankly I’d rather die of this virus than go through that. I hate this planet, I hate it’s people. I can’t be on this forum anymore, I wish you all well maybe we’ll speak again one day.

Chin up Sarge. It's bad but not unsurmountable. I do not mind admitting that this has made my cry for the first time in 30 years but we have to get on with it.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 21:04]
It’s the French lockdown then on 21:18 - Mar 23 with 2766 viewsblueconscience

And what if after 3 weeks it is still not improved, will we be expected to stay inside indefinitely?

Are the postal services classed as essential? If they expect me to work from home for the foreseeable, I will need a LOT of parcels!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Login to get fewer ads

It’s the French lockdown then on 21:21 - Mar 23 with 2755 viewsMercian

It’s the French lockdown then on 21:18 - Mar 23 by blueconscience

And what if after 3 weeks it is still not improved, will we be expected to stay inside indefinitely?

Are the postal services classed as essential? If they expect me to work from home for the foreseeable, I will need a LOT of parcels!!

If necessary yes. This is the best alternative.
It’s the French lockdown then on 21:46 - Mar 23 with 2669 viewssparks

What is "essential work"?

Essential to whom? To the worker, or to the state? Keyworkers- or everyone?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

It’s the French lockdown then on 22:51 - Mar 23 with 2533 viewsjeera

Je n’en reviens pas!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

It’s the French lockdown then on 23:13 - Mar 23 with 2492 viewsvapour_trail

It’s the French lockdown then on 21:46 - Mar 23 by sparks

I don’t believe he has stipulated essential work yet? Or maybe I got that wrong.

I think the intent is that the economy continues where businesses are open. So travel to work if you can’t work at home.

We have a few hundred who qualify as key workers and they all have letters that gives them access to schools. I don’t think we’re at the point when the govt is limiting travel to work to these people though.

Public transport will continue to make social distancing an impossibility.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

It’s the French lockdown then on 05:58 - Mar 24 with 2361 viewsTractorgirlforever

I work for royal mail and im at work!. Im essential apparently!
It’s the French lockdown then on 08:22 - Mar 24 with 2239 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

It’s the French lockdown then on 21:46 - Mar 23 by sparks

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/full-list-people-who-c

This is what are local paper has put in this morning, hope it helps.
It’s the French lockdown then on 09:25 - Mar 24 with 2191 viewsSamWhiteUK

It’s the French lockdown then on 05:58 - Mar 24 by Tractorgirlforever

I work for royal mail and im at work!. Im essential apparently!

And you may well be needed more now than ever, so thank you for what you do :)
It’s the French lockdown then on 09:26 - Mar 24 with 2188 viewssparks

It’s the French lockdown then on 08:22 - Mar 24 by SuttonColdfieldBlue

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/full-list-people-who-c

This is what are local paper has put in this morning, hope it helps.

Thats the vague generic list which has been available for a little while I think. Leaves way too much room for people to self-justify.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

It’s the French lockdown then on 11:49 - Mar 24 with 2132 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

It’s the French lockdown then on 09:26 - Mar 24 by sparks

Thats the vague generic list which has been available for a little while I think. Leaves way too much room for people to self-justify.

I know I work in telecommunications and still have know idea.
It’s the French lockdown then on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 2077 viewsbraveblue

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:40 - Mar 23 by homer_123

It's always been where we were going to end....just how long it took to get here.

It took the right amount of time. Too many want to panic and rush to decisions. They followed the science.
It’s the French lockdown then on 13:49 - Mar 24 with 2075 viewsbraveblue

It’s the French lockdown then on 20:44 - Mar 23 by theinbetweener

Common sense dictates.
It’s the French lockdown then on 13:51 - Mar 24 with 2073 viewsbraveblue

Imagine if someone was dropping bombs on us and it went on for years. We have little to complain about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024