Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! 23:11 - Mar 23 with 2294 viewsSitfcB

Staff started receiving an email an hour of Boris calling in the new measures.

Wow.

Let’s hope People avoid it, as they should be doing.

But I doubt it.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:15 - Mar 23 with 2011 viewsvapour_trail

Hmm. I’d be surprised if that is genuine.

Government departments have been speaking with stakeholders across all sectors on who and what qualifies. You don’t self-designate. This one seems a stretch.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:18 - Mar 23 with 1980 viewsHerbivore

That doesn't look real.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:19 - Mar 23 with 1971 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:15 - Mar 23 by vapour_trail

Hmm. I’d be surprised if that is genuine.

Government departments have been speaking with stakeholders across all sectors on who and what qualifies. You don’t self-designate. This one seems a stretch.

Scottish press reporting it, and entirely believable

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/news/uk/sports-direct-and-evans-to-stay-open-as https://t.co/pYKw7mx4tz

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:22 - Mar 23 with 1953 viewsSitfcB

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:18 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

That doesn't look real.

All over twitter (I know, I know, not gospel) but all the press reporting it as well.

COYB

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:22 - Mar 23 with 1950 viewsGirthyguy

It's true my mate just sent me the same email. He can't believe it. Think the staff who work in that store are going to just boycott it.
Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:23 - Mar 23 with 1948 viewsSitfcB

COYB

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:26 - Mar 23 with 1917 viewsGirthyguy

Bit rich for Mike Ashley to talk about exercise aswell.
Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:29 - Mar 23 with 1894 viewssparks

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:26 - Mar 23 by Girthyguy

Bit rich for Mike Ashley to talk about exercise aswell.

Well- they are nice big stores, so the police should have no trouble finding them and shutting them down.

Then they should bill the moron for wasting their time.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 1859 viewsLord_Lucan

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:29 - Mar 23 by sparks

Well- they are nice big stores, so the police should have no trouble finding them and shutting them down.

Then they should bill the moron for wasting their time.

I doubt they will open. I thought Halfords would get special status but apparently they haven't.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:56 - Mar 23 with 1801 viewshoppy

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:36 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

I doubt they will open. I thought Halfords would get special status but apparently they haven't.

Are they not included within the ‘bicycle shops’ category? (They’ve even been listed twice!)

All retail with notable exceptions
Supermarkets and other food shops, health shops, pharmacies including non- dispensing pharmacies, petrol stations, bicycle shops, home and hardware shops, laundrettes and dry cleaners, bicycle shops, garages, car rentals, pet shops, corner shops, newsagents, post offices, and banks.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:04 - Mar 24 with 1765 viewsLord_Lucan

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:56 - Mar 23 by hoppy

Are they not included within the ‘bicycle shops’ category? (They’ve even been listed twice!)

All retail with notable exceptions
Supermarkets and other food shops, health shops, pharmacies including non- dispensing pharmacies, petrol stations, bicycle shops, home and hardware shops, laundrettes and dry cleaners, bicycle shops, garages, car rentals, pet shops, corner shops, newsagents, post offices, and banks.

Strange, they have a staff meeting in the morning. It is quite possible they just don't want to put their workforce in danger.

Where did you get that list from? That's most retailers right there.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:05 - Mar 24 with 1758 viewsstonojnr

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:36 - Mar 23 by Lord_Lucan

Evans and Halfords can be considered bike shops or garages if you prefer for Halfords, which are allowed to stay open.

I guess Sports direct sells some cycling stuff, they sell bike shaped objects at least, so qualifies in that way, and if an NHS worker wants to buy a cheap bike to get to work so as to avoid the tube, where else can they go at the moment ?
Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:39 - Mar 24 with 1706 viewseireblue

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:04 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

Strange, they have a staff meeting in the morning. It is quite possible they just don't want to put their workforce in danger.

See page 3 of

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 01:01 - Mar 24 with 1690 viewsLord_Lucan

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:39 - Mar 24 by eireblue

See page 3 of

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Thanks

Quite a wide scope

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 01:24 - Mar 24 with 1662 viewsSitfcB

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:18 - Mar 23 by Herbivore

That doesn't look real.

COYB

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 07:53 - Mar 24 with 1425 viewshampstead_blue

Ashley is trying to keep his business afloat and give people a chance to buy phys kit.

I think it's Ok. So long as he makes sure there is proper physical distancing measures in teh store

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:01 - Mar 24 with 1398 viewsHerbivore

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 23:22 - Mar 23 by SitfcB

All over twitter (I know, I know, not gospel) but all the press reporting it as well.

Turns out it's true. Christ, Sports Direct really are a bunch a reckless tw@ts.

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:09 - Mar 24 with 1363 viewsBent_double

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:05 - Mar 24 by stonojnr

Evans and Halfords can be considered bike shops or garages if you prefer for Halfords, which are allowed to stay open.

I guess Sports direct sells some cycling stuff, they sell bike shaped objects at least, so qualifies in that way, and if an NHS worker wants to buy a cheap bike to get to work so as to avoid the tube, where else can they go at the moment ?

"I guess Sports direct sells some cycling stuff, they sell bike shaped objects at least, so qualifies in that way, and if an NHS worker wants to buy a cheap bike to get to work so as to avoid the tube, where else can they go at the moment ?"

Ebay, Gumtree? Put a message out on social media to borrow someones unused bike. I'm sure many people would happily donate theirs to an NHS worker if they didn't need it themselves.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:09 - Mar 24 with 1364 viewssparks

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 07:53 - Mar 24 by hampstead_blue

Ashley is trying to keep his business afloat and give people a chance to buy phys kit.

I think it's Ok. So long as he makes sure there is proper physical distancing measures in teh store

NO NO NO NO NO.

This is the problem. We get a clear instruction- and people impose their own judgments on it. Itll be fine, if we do it this way....

NO!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:11 - Mar 24 with 1353 viewsnoggin

Just announced, they won't open after all.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:12 - Mar 24 with 1342 viewsHerbivore

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:11 - Mar 24 by noggin

Michael Gove just said they aren't essential so can't open on BBC Breakfast.

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:13 - Mar 24 with 1337 viewsbluelagos

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:11 - Mar 24 by noggin

The TwtdCV police can stand down 😀

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:24 - Mar 24 with 1287 viewsfactual_blue

Outrageous. Nothing is more essential than a chubby ten year-old getting a new Liverpool top.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 08:30 - Mar 24 with 1267 viewsGeoffSentence

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 00:04 - Mar 24 by Lord_Lucan

gov.uk/coronavirus

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mike Ashley has declared Sports Direct an essential service! on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 1158 viewsbournemouthblue

I got a sponsored advert for gym equipment at around 840 last night

They don't miss a trick!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024