Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad news for renters 23:29 - Mar 23 with 1046 viewsSwansea_Blue

Highly likely some people will be losing their jobs and their ability to pay rent; they need better support.

BJ 5 days ago:
“I can confirm we will be bringing forward legislation to protect private renters from eviction. That is one thing we will be doing.”
https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/18/boris-protect-renters-eviction-nearly-empty-pmqs-

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bad news for renters on 23:33 - Mar 23 with 1015 viewssparks

Its essentially an extension of most of the usual notice periods to 3 months.

I had assumed there would be a moratorium on issuing such notices or proceedings- but this does generally mean noone can issue a possession claim for three months. On an initial very brief reading, it does nothing about proceedings or notices which have already commenced.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 23:35]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bad news for renters on 23:36 - Mar 23 with 998 viewsRyorry

Bad news for renters on 23:33 - Mar 23 by sparks

I had assumed there would be a moratorium on issuing such notices or proceedings- but this does generally mean noone can issue a possession claim for three months. On an initial very brief reading, it does nothing about proceedings or notices which have already commenced.

And any landlords with 2 braincells to rub together will want to hang onto good tenants for as long as poss, so will do their utmost to reach some sort of mutually acceptable arrangement if they can.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bad news for renters on 01:27 - Mar 24 with 889 viewsIllinoisblue

It’s almost as if Johnson, just like Trump, is a pathological liar.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bad news for renters on 07:28 - Mar 24 with 761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

We are all in this together....stop using this for political gain you bad man.......or something! To the tower with John Healey.

Edit...they have to do all they can to keep property valuations inflated....without them the zombie economy really is fooked....Central banks are now holding Trillions in Mortgage Backed Securities.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 7:32]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Bad news for renters on 09:26 - Mar 24 with 654 viewsmonytowbray

Bad news for renters on 07:28 - Mar 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

We are all in this together....stop using this for political gain you bad man.......or something! To the tower with John Healey.

Edit...they have to do all they can to keep property valuations inflated....without them the zombie economy really is fooked....Central banks are now holding Trillions in Mortgage Backed Securities.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 7:32]

A week and a half in from the mask being removed and some people still don’t/won’t get it.

A chunk of the country are in an abusive relationship with Boris Johnson.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Bad news for renters on 09:28 - Mar 24 with 650 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bad news for renters on 23:33 - Mar 23 by sparks

I think many people have assumed the same. It's a slight improvement of where we are now, but doesn't go far enough.

I'm not holding my breath, but I wonder when this is all over if we can have a rethink about our rental sector. We're streets behind some other countries where rental is more the norm. Between the Mrs and I, we've rented in Denmark, Sweden and the USA with far less hassle than we had in various properties in the UK. Last time I rented here we had utilities cut off as the last tenant had an unpaid debt; it was a nightmare to sort out and we then got penalised by having higher tariff and having to have a pre-pay meter. It was a constant battle for something that had nothing to do with us and the agency were no help whatsoever.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024