Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday 08:59 - Mar 24 with 928 viewsartsbossbeard

Callout 28: 23 Mar - Tryfan.
Just after 0830 this morning a male rang to say he was stuck on the west face of Tryfan. Dressed in jeans and trainers he had travelled up earlier this morning from Birmingham and had climbed Tryfan to take photographs of Llyn Bochlwyd or Idwal (It's hard to say as he had no map to relate to). He attempted to descend the west face but became stuck, wet and cold, in one of the gullies and called for help. Once the by now familiar Covid 19 checks had been established a team lead climbed up to him and made him safe. They conducted a multi pitch lower to safe ground and he was confidence roped back down to the roadside and spoken to. Unbelievably, he asked where he should go tomorrow to get some good photos but was advised he should maybe go home instead.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:01 - Mar 24 with 892 viewsStokieBlue

Should have left him there for a few more hours to think about what he had done.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:13 - Mar 24 with 851 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:01 - Mar 24 by StokieBlue

Should have left him there for a few more hours to think about what he had done.

SB

Quite. Obviously clueless and should have gone further, as you can get both lakes in one picture if you go high enough. Tsk, bl00dy amateurs!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:30 - Mar 24 with 816 viewsGuthrum

I wouldn't want to be blithering up the sides of Tryfan without proper equipment.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:34 - Mar 24 with 804 viewsm14_blue

I’m closely involved with MR in the Lakes (not a volunteer myself unfortunately) and stories like this are all too common.

The pressure put on teams last weekend was incredible in the current climate. They’ve taken the unprecedented stance of telling people to stay away.

Tragically we had a fatality up here too.
Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:36 - Mar 24 with 795 viewsblueislander

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:13 - Mar 24 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. Obviously clueless and should have gone further, as you can get both lakes in one picture if you go high enough. Tsk, bl00dy amateurs!

I do wonder whether there are some people that are simply not aware of what is going on. Loads of people never read a newspaper, nor watch nor listen to the news on TV or radio. I suppose they get their information from social media with all the inaccurate and misinformation that appears there.
Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:38 - Mar 24 with 777 viewsWeWereZombies

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:30 - Mar 24 by Guthrum

I wouldn't want to be blithering up the sides of Tryfan without proper equipment.

Because of its technical difficulty it was one of the mountains used by Edmund Hillary in training for Everest, and Mallory before him for the fatal and, perhaps, unsuccessful attempt:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/carneddau-and-glyderau/features/tryfan
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 9:39]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 09:49 - Mar 24 with 731 viewsGeoffSentence

Cripes! It sounds stoopid enough without the added coronal lockdown complication.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue - callout report from yesterday on 10:14 - Mar 24 with 700 viewsfactual_blue

Fifty years ago the medics' conversation with him would have included the phrase 'and now the enema...'

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024