Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... 15:48 - Mar 24 with 957 viewsmonytowbray

People now making fake NHS IDs to get in the shop early.

Perhaps we should all just go out and get the virus and die? I don’t think the human race deserves to exist anymore.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 15:52 - Mar 24 with 933 viewsBrixtonBlue

I was in Tescos earlier.

CUSTOMER: Why are you wearing face masks. They don't do anything. i used to work in Government.

TESCO EMPLOYEE: Well they seem to work for doctors. Every one I've seen on the telly has been wearing one.

I don't know who the dumbest is out of those two people.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 15:52 - Mar 24 with 919 viewsuefacup81

That's absolutely obscene.

I guess it's a question of how you set up and enforce such a scheme without having to spend a great deal of time and effort on the practicalities of it.

Problem is that anyone with low enough morals and enough time on their hands will always find a way to get around such restrictions.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 16:58 - Mar 24 with 781 viewsSarge

“Perhaps we should all just go out and get the virus and die?”

I mean, that could be a workable strategy. If you don’t want to get the virus then stay at home, do not leave for any reason. If you’re not that bothered about getting the virus, accepting that it may be fatal and accepting that you cannot burden the NHS if you become seriously ill, then continue to go outside. Some will make the ultimate sacrifice, but for those that survive perhaps we can begin to build this ‘herd immunity’.

(No I’m not serious)
Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 17:38 - Mar 24 with 694 viewsbluelagos

Where you live Callis? I keep on making a point of thanking shop staff and asking if,people are ok and everyone reports genuine politeness from 99% customers.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 17:43 - Mar 24 with 680 viewsmonytowbray

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 17:38 - Mar 24 by bluelagos

Where you live Callis? I keep on making a point of thanking shop staff and asking if,people are ok and everyone reports genuine politeness from 99% customers.

West London, although I'm now back self-isolating at my parent's house in Suffolk. It's okay, I'd already been isolating for 9 days when I left and I'm distancing myself pretty heavy here. Not left the house bar to go in the garden and mostly staying away from my parents to be safe. I refuse to be one of those d1ckheads who think leaving the city is free reign to treat it as a holiday.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 17:44 - Mar 24 with 678 viewsMullet

Another joyous update my by Supermarket employee housemate... on 17:38 - Mar 24 by bluelagos

Yeah, I was the same in Waitrose today. It was really stressful frankly. 40 people only allowed in and a queue for 1 in 1 out and lots of elderly people and masks. I made a point of thanking any staff, because they looked pretty hunted to be honest.

One woman brought her whole family and within about 2 mins in the shop her teenage daughter was leaning across me to grab something when she could have waited all over 20 seconds. Further round an old boy spun round with out looking and hit into me. People just aren't used to it yet.

The worst was two middle aged women nagging and tutting as they were asked to queue and leave a gap. I was cringing when one said "we're teachers and need to get to school" especially when it was mid morning and they weren't leaving a boot full of chilled stuff either to sit there.

The woman behind the till was clearly really uncomfortable with it. I have to say though it's not the elderly who are lifting armfuls of crap into trolleys in the few times I've done the shop recently.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024