Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Desperate to keep people working.. 17:01 - Mar 24 with 1209 viewsstrikalite

So people can go to work but must practice the two metre distance rule..

They've just clarified..
Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:01 - Mar 24 with 1194 viewsITFC_Forever

But as multiple public transport photos have shown, that simply isn't possible.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:02 - Mar 24 with 1187 viewsstrikalite

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:01 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

Agree, so they're to put on more trains...they said that too..
Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:08 - Mar 24 with 1144 viewsBloomBlue

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:01 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

In London Khan was wrong to revert to a Sat service for the tube, lot's of people were saying that at the time.
Although to be fair it was difficult decision to make
Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:12 - Mar 24 with 1122 viewsITFC_Forever

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:02 - Mar 24 by strikalite

Agree, so they're to put on more trains...they said that too..

But Khan said this morning that wasn't possible due to the train / tube drivers themselves being ill / self-isolating..... Hmm.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:16 - Mar 24 with 1105 viewsstrikalite

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:12 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

But Khan said this morning that wasn't possible due to the train / tube drivers themselves being ill / self-isolating..... Hmm.

Ah did he? It honestly feels like they're making it up as they go along, appreciate it's bloody difficult, but questions do seem to catch them out..
Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:19 - Mar 24 with 1097 viewsBlueBadger

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:08 - Mar 24 by BloomBlue

In London Khan was wrong to revert to a Sat service for the tube, lot's of people were saying that at the time.
Although to be fair it was difficult decision to make

That's definitely one in the 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' category - he keeps a full service then you're exposing TFL staff to higher levels of risk(and potentially crippling the service later down the line) and encouraging more people to move around, but by the same chalk, there's still a large number of people in the key worker category who need to move around and obviously a reduced service then potentially raises their risk.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 17:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:27 - Mar 24 with 1063 viewsBloomBlue

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:19 - Mar 24 by BlueBadger

That's definitely one in the 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' category - he keeps a full service then you're exposing TFL staff to higher levels of risk(and potentially crippling the service later down the line) and encouraging more people to move around, but by the same chalk, there's still a large number of people in the key worker category who need to move around and obviously a reduced service then potentially raises their risk.

As I said it's a difficult decision and I appreciate its a lot easier standing on the side-lines telling them what they're doing wrong rather than having to make those decisions. When he announced it he was talking about low volume of passengers and that seemed to be the main driver of the decision and people said then all it would do is push more people into the limited number of trains.

I said on an earlier thread he also needs to revoke parking rules ie let people park on single yellows the same as they can on a Sunday, more people might drive in then reducing some of the train volume
Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:34 - Mar 24 with 1048 viewsLord_Lucan

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:19 - Mar 24 by BlueBadger

The whole Covoid thing is damned if you do, damned if you don't really.

I suppose the perfect answer is to run as many trains as you can. I'm not sure if they have already done this but they should simply leave the barriers open and let people travel without barrier congestion. Sod the fare money.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:43 - Mar 24 with 1034 viewsBrianTablet

A can of shaving foam and a man in black in every workplace?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 17:44]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Desperate to keep people working.. on 18:12 - Mar 24 with 998 viewsfactual_blue

Desperate to keep people working.. on 17:43 - Mar 24 by BrianTablet

A can of shaving foam and a man in black in every workplace?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 17:44]

Well, they've no matches to deal with...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024