Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have you already had 'it'? 18:36 - Mar 24 with 2359 viewsSwansea_Blue

Makes you wonder. Me and her and the two poor kids who have to share our house have all been a bit rough over the last 10 or so days now. Started with the kids of course - cold-like symptoms, sore throat. Then I've had what can best be described as a dry cold for at least a week, bit achy, occasional flushes, bit tight chested and get knackered doing anything.

I assumed you'd really know if you got it, but there seem to be an increasing number of people testing positive who had mild or no symptoms.

Until they have a widely available antibody test, we'll never know I suppose (so good news from Hanc0ck tonight). That'll be a huge breakthrough because they could then start letting those with resistance back out to help others.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have you already had 'it'? on 18:45 - Mar 24 with 2304 viewshomer_123

As with most viruses, some show all the symptoms, some will only present with a few. In addition, the effects will differ from person to person.

You might get, as you say, a 'dry cold' others end up with raging flu like fever, shakes et al

I've no doubt that when they do eventually start testing for anti-bodies more than a few will have had it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Have you already had 'it'? on 18:51 - Mar 24 with 2274 viewsSomethingBlue

Suspect so for a few reasons (posted yesterday). Either way the antibody test will be a real gamechanger in terms of plotting a relatively quick way through this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Have you already had 'it'? on 18:52 - Mar 24 with 2257 viewsSarge

“That'll be a huge breakthrough because they could then start letting those with resistance back out to help others“

If they did this then I would begging for somebody to sneeze on me. Would be the first time I haven’t had to pay for it too!
Have you already had 'it'? on 19:00 - Mar 24 with 2202 viewsGirthyguy

Few weeks back I had headache fever cough. The fever only lasted 1 night and my breathing felt really heavy. Then lost my taste and smell like when you have a stinking cold but didn't have much of a cold. Went away after 3 days and started coughing up this cr@p just assumed it was flu tbh. Would like to get tested to see if I had it as i showed pretty much all the symptoms.
Have you already had 'it'? on 19:00 - Mar 24 with 2200 viewsDubtractor

Over the last week I have felt pretty rotten. Pretty certain it is allergies (cats moulting) and hayfever, but the symptoms for that - headaches, dry itchy throat, sore eyes, tight chest - are pretty similar to Corona.

Feeling much better today, and pretty certain it wasn't corona, but the mind does wonder........

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:09 - Mar 24 with 2160 viewsitfcjoe

I think Mrs itfcjoe has, as explained before - which means it is likely that I have too but with much less severe symptoms

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:19 - Mar 24 with 2118 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:00 - Mar 24 by Dubtractor

Over the last week I have felt pretty rotten. Pretty certain it is allergies (cats moulting) and hayfever, but the symptoms for that - headaches, dry itchy throat, sore eyes, tight chest - are pretty similar to Corona.

Feeling much better today, and pretty certain it wasn't corona, but the mind does wonder........

I’ve had sore eyes. Dizziness too (even more dizzy than normal!)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:43 - Mar 24 with 2062 viewsxrayspecs

Similar story. Felt pretty rubbish about a month ago. Ran a temperature for a short while and felt low energy for around a week, occasionally dizzy and short of breath. Have had dry cough ever since. Had assumed that this was just something else going around as the number of Covid cases was pretty low in the UK at the time.

If the Oxford research is correct, than that dramatically resets the dial here. I think we should have a clearer idea in the next few weeks which prediction is most accurate.
Login to get fewer ads

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:47 - Mar 24 with 2042 viewsJ2BLUE

This is interesting.

I've had quite a few minor symptoms. I had shortness of breath for about a week. Being asthmatic I didn't think too much of it but it vanished as quickly as it began. My asthma is usually well controlled. My parents have had sore throats. My dad has been hot at night and coughing a bit at night but fine during the day.

This would be a gamechanger.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have you already had 'it'? (n/t) on 20:00 - Mar 24 with 1983 viewsSarge

I am an alumni of Imperial College and proud of what they’ve done but come on Oxford! I hope the results come through to back this up.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 20:02]
Have you already had 'it'? on 20:06 - Mar 24 with 1943 viewsDebsyAngel

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:47 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

This is interesting.

I've had quite a few minor symptoms. I had shortness of breath for about a week. Being asthmatic I didn't think too much of it but it vanished as quickly as it began. My asthma is usually well controlled. My parents have had sore throats. My dad has been hot at night and coughing a bit at night but fine during the day.

This would be a gamechanger.

I have been pretty short of breath the last 2 weeks and at times a "phlegmy" cough and so tired but the thing is, I have had this on and off for more than a year and could be hormones or early hayfever. So wish there was a test just to make sure. My husband has shown no signs at all so could it be that?? I did have a cold whuch went to my chest in January/Feb and terrible sinus problems. My chronic anxiety makes me think I have it and I am so scared. I saw my parents for the last time last Weds and hope so much they are going to be ok,
Have you already had 'it'? on 20:19 - Mar 24 with 1889 viewsmonytowbray

Have you already had 'it'? on 19:43 - Mar 24 by xrayspecs

Similar story. Felt pretty rubbish about a month ago. Ran a temperature for a short while and felt low energy for around a week, occasionally dizzy and short of breath. Have had dry cough ever since. Had assumed that this was just something else going around as the number of Covid cases was pretty low in the UK at the time.

If the Oxford research is correct, than that dramatically resets the dial here. I think we should have a clearer idea in the next few weeks which prediction is most accurate.

I had the exact same and remember thinking it was like nothing I’d had before. I was more worried I was terminally ill. Had to get a chest x ray and everything. It lingered like a f*cker too, being a smoker with mild asthma. The temperature lasted a day then I felt okay, but over the week an awful cough developed that lasted 2 months. I would cough so hard I would go light headed. I also found myself for most of December incredibly tired and often dizzy. Although I assumed it was weird vertigo from congestion, but again I wasn’t congested. My Dad and Nan had similar too.

Thing is, if I had it, I predate the current case zero as mine started in early November (evening of the 3rd was the exact date as I went on a date to the cinema and started feeling rough during the film). But again who knows how long it’s been around and how it’s evolved? Entirely possible it may have been around longer and as it’s mutated it has got more infectious.

F*ck knows.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:25 - Mar 24 with 1855 viewsBluesquid

Hmmm, an interesting article but overall i feel it's rather irresponsible.

The suggestion that the vast majority of people suffer little or no illness based on modelling, i dunno, it just feels like they are playing down the C-19 crisis to be honest.
Have you already had 'it'? on 20:28 - Mar 24 with 1831 viewsJ2BLUE

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:25 - Mar 24 by Bluesquid

The suggestion that the vast majority of people suffer little or no illness based on modelling, i dunno, it just feels like they are playing down the C-19 crisis to be honest.

They are testing and should have results soon.

Until then it's a bit of hope with precautions remaining 100%.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:29 - Mar 24 with 1820 viewsmonytowbray

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:25 - Mar 24 by Bluesquid

They did state their model is leaving assumptions and needs more testing. That’s entirely responsible IMO.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:31 - Mar 24 with 1808 viewsHurleyBurley

Mrs HB has had it twice this week.

Poll: World Cup final: Who do you WANT to win?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:37 - Mar 24 with 1782 viewsBluesquid

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:29 - Mar 24 by monytowbray

They did state their model is leaving assumptions and needs more testing. That’s entirely responsible IMO.

Yeah true and i saw that it was based in part from the case and death reports from Italy from which statistics and findings have been linked to here on the board.
Have you already had 'it'? on 20:39 - Mar 24 with 1777 viewsBrixtonBlue

I've been feeling sh!t; watery eyes, sore throat, stiff neck, bouts of depression. However, since football's been cancelled I've been feeling great.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:40 - Mar 24 with 1764 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:31 - Mar 24 by HurleyBurley

Mrs HB has had it twice this week.

Um, three times actually.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:41 - Mar 24 with 1756 viewssparks

Have you already had 'it'? on 20:40 - Mar 24 by BrixtonBlue

Um, three times actually.

Your best ever post.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024