Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! 10:59 - Mar 25 with 866 viewsBrixtonBlue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52027348

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:05 - Mar 25 with 845 viewslongtimefan

It doesn’t slow down your internet connection as such, but it can interfere with WiFi as they both work in the same microwave spectrum (2.4GHz). If you use an Ethernet cable direct to your router it will avoid any such issues.
Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:08 - Mar 25 with 832 viewsParsley

This is very disappointing news as I often have my microwave running for 7 hours a day
Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:11 - Mar 25 with 825 viewsGuthrum

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:05 - Mar 25 by longtimefan

It doesn’t slow down your internet connection as such, but it can interfere with WiFi as they both work in the same microwave spectrum (2.4GHz). If you use an Ethernet cable direct to your router it will avoid any such issues.

I once owned a microwave which still worked even with the door open. It would affect radios and other hi-fi equipment for some considerable distance.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:31 - Mar 25 with 796 viewslongtimefan

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:11 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

I once owned a microwave which still worked even with the door open. It would affect radios and other hi-fi equipment for some considerable distance.

Well the screening on the door (faraday cage type material) is there for a good reason
Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:35 - Mar 25 with 777 viewsKeno

The moral being cook your pot noodle before you sit down to watch por ...... a highly stimulating and informative PBS documentary

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 757 viewsGuthrum

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:35 - Mar 25 by Keno

The moral being cook your pot noodle before you sit down to watch por ...... a highly stimulating and informative PBS documentary

As long as it's stimulating and broadens the mind ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:42 - Mar 25 with 755 viewslinhdi

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:31 - Mar 25 by longtimefan

Well the screening on the door (faraday cage type material) is there for a good reason

So if you have a car with contactless entry, you should keep your car keys in the microwave?
Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:59 - Mar 25 with 737 viewslongtimefan

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:42 - Mar 25 by linhdi

So if you have a car with contactless entry, you should keep your car keys in the microwave?

Possibly. Depends on the frequency used by the Keys! The Faraday cage type material in the microwave will be optimised for the 2.4GHz range.
Login to get fewer ads

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 13:14 - Mar 25 with 691 viewsfactual_blue

Well I never knew that, your microwave can slow down your internet! on 11:42 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

As long as it's stimulating and broadens the mind ...

'cook your pot noodle' is clearly a euphemism. Or Penny Smith's safe phrase.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024