Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
21 year old 13:25 - Mar 25 with 2549 viewsGuthrum

No underlying health conditions, dies of Covid-19 in the UK

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditi

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

21 year old on 13:28 - Mar 25 with 2506 viewsSuperblue95

F*ck

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

21 year old on 13:30 - Mar 25 with 2473 viewsGlasgowBlue

Tragic.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

21 year old on 13:32 - Mar 25 with 2463 viewsMoriarty

That is so tragic.

I’ve family and friends in the medical profession and I’ve heard a few things about what they face, they feel, they fear.

My family and I are following all guidelines here.

Our storm is coming. So is yours.

I hope, in so far as possible, everyone can follow the guidelines and keep safe.

fka omuircheartaigh

21 year old on 13:34 - Mar 25 with 2443 viewsfactual_blue

I'll wait for confirmation from a reputable news source, i.e. the BBC.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

21 year old on 13:34 - Mar 25 with 2443 viewsTIB

This will be a wake up call to a lot of these people still out and about not taking it seriously!!!

Aren't scientists calling it a "slippery" virus, a term used to describe a virus that can mutate rapidly i.e Go from just attacking the elderly and unwell, to the young and healthy?

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

21 year old on 13:39 - Mar 25 with 2383 viewsGuthrum

21 year old on 13:34 - Mar 25 by TIB

This will be a wake up call to a lot of these people still out and about not taking it seriously!!!

Aren't scientists calling it a "slippery" virus, a term used to describe a virus that can mutate rapidly i.e Go from just attacking the elderly and unwell, to the young and healthy?

More the case that pneumonia (and other complications) can kill anybody, regardless of age group.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

21 year old on 13:43 - Mar 25 with 2356 viewsMoriarty

21 year old on 13:34 - Mar 25 by TIB

I think I heard on a news report here that one person could infect 400 in 4 weeks.

Herd mentality was an extraordinary folly. BJ has gone whiplash on this, from herd immunity to lockdown.

Stay safe.

fka omuircheartaigh

21 year old on 13:45 - Mar 25 with 2343 viewshomer_123

I posted this 5 days ago from WHO:

Look after yourselves and take this seriously people. by homer_123 20 Mar 2020 20:33
We've just heard from the head of the World Health Organization (WHO), who issued a stark warning to young people about the virus.

"One of the things we are learning is that although older people are the hardest hit, younger people are not spared," Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told reporters in Geneva.

"Data from many countries clearly shows that people under 50 make up a significant proportion of patients requiring hospitalisation.

"Today, I have a message for young people: you are not invincible. This virus could put you in hospital for weeks, or even kill you"

He added: "Even if you don’t get sick, the choices you make about where you go could be the difference between life and death for someone else."

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

21 year old on 15:34 - Mar 25 with 2143 viewsPendejo

As it is a new virus "we" are no doubt learning more about it all the time, swap underlying health issue for undetected or unknown health issue. Which really ramps us the roulette wheel of risk.

Have been out for my exercise / shop and its a lovely day out there with folks definitely observing social distancing.

Stay safe folks

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

21 year old on 16:51 - Mar 25 with 2016 viewsBluesquid

Absolutely tragic and and extremely sad and my heart goes out to the family but the headline states "dies of Covid-19 in the UK" but inside the article it's "believed" and from other media sites it's "reportedly".
What kind of reporting is this? At least keep the headline consistent with the article.

Lots of young people heavily vape these days and haven't been diagnosed with an underlying condition and C-19 is an especially serious threat to those who vape according to experts.

No mention of an official test being carried out and i think we really need to wait for medical confirmation from the experts.
21 year old on 17:34 - Mar 25 with 1940 viewsjeera

Dreadful. Her family must be distraught.

That's not fair is it; 21 years old.

It's probably been posted already but there was also a lady of 36 wasn't there? She sounded badly let down by the services going by the story I saw earlier and her husband has felt left in the dark since.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

21 year old on 17:36 - Mar 25 with 1931 viewsDanTheMan

21 year old on 15:34 - Mar 25 by Pendejo

As it is a new virus "we" are no doubt learning more about it all the time, swap underlying health issue for undetected or unknown health issue. Which really ramps us the roulette wheel of risk.

Have been out for my exercise / shop and its a lovely day out there with folks definitely observing social distancing.

Stay safe folks

That could indeed be it, might have had something that was unknown. I hope so, otherwise this is a lot more scary.

And as someone who suffers from mild health anxiety, not the most fun thing to read!

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

21 year old on 16:47 - Mar 27 with 1618 viewsBluesquid

"Death of 21-year-old not recorded as Covid-19."

"As result of the hospital’s view, the death has not been recorded among the NHS tally of UK coronavirus deaths."

"A Facebook post by Middleton’s aunt claiming she had no underlying health issues has since been deleted. Her family has been subjected to online abuse and accusations of spreading alarmist news about her death."

"An NHS source said this was unfair. “They have been given the information officially from the coroner that this is [a] Covid death,” they said. “And that’s their understanding of it.” But the source said the coroner’s move “raised eyebrows” at the hospital because she had not tested positive for the disease."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/chloe-middleton-death-21-year-old-
21 year old on 18:54 - Mar 27 with 1493 viewsGeoffSentence

21 year old on 16:47 - Mar 27 by Bluesquid

"Death of 21-year-old not recorded as Covid-19."

"As result of the hospital’s view, the death has not been recorded among the NHS tally of UK coronavirus deaths."

"A Facebook post by Middleton’s aunt claiming she had no underlying health issues has since been deleted. Her family has been subjected to online abuse and accusations of spreading alarmist news about her death."

"An NHS source said this was unfair. “They have been given the information officially from the coroner that this is [a] Covid death,” they said. “And that’s their understanding of it.” But the source said the coroner’s move “raised eyebrows” at the hospital because she had not tested positive for the disease."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/27/chloe-middleton-death-21-year-old-

It says in there that she had a heart attack, tricky to see how that could be covid caused as it is a respiratory disease.

Looks like the coroner jumped the gun on this one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

21 year old on 19:31 - Mar 27 with 1435 viewsSwansea_Blue

A few places now where the main affected age group is 20-21. We didn't understand this at first, but it can affect and kill anyone. Obvouosly the elderly are at more of risk, but for everyone else it's a lottery. Some people really suffer with it, others don't.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

21 year old on 19:36 - Mar 27 with 1427 viewsBluesquid

21 year old on 18:54 - Mar 27 by GeoffSentence

It says in there that she had a heart attack, tricky to see how that could be covid caused as it is a respiratory disease.

Looks like the coroner jumped the gun on this one.

Yeah also the NHS source said that the coroner thought the death was related to Covid-19 after being told she had a cough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024