Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. 15:08 - Mar 25 with 1696 viewsGirthyguy

In a matter of days apparently. Wonder how much they will cost.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-game-changer-covid-19-tests-could-be-avai
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 15:09]
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:15 - Mar 25 with 1652 viewsBloomBlue

They will probably be on ebay within 24 hours at 4 times the price
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:16 - Mar 25 with 1649 viewsGuthrum

"Minimal charge" according to the Guardian story.

Also, Amazon is delivering them to healthcare workers and the vulnerable. The rest of us can buy them from pharmacies.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:18 - Mar 25 with 1636 viewshomer_123

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:15 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

And if anyone buys them on there at that price then they are idiots.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:21 - Mar 25 with 1625 viewsBloomBlue

As normal I'll ask the stupid question, at what point should you test yourself?

My question is based on the fact if I did a test now and it said negative that doesn't mean I wouldn't have it next week, so would I test myself every day for the next 3 months, or do you wait for 3 months and then test?
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:22 - Mar 25 with 1620 viewsLord_Lucan

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:15 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

Amazon have kicked off all sales of masks, gels etc even from long time sellers. EBay two days ago restricted items to certain sellers.

They are being ruthless about potential profiteering
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 15:22]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:30 - Mar 25 with 1569 viewsBloomBlue

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:22 - Mar 25 by Lord_Lucan

Amazon have kicked off all sales of masks, gels etc even from long time sellers. EBay two days ago restricted items to certain sellers.

They are being ruthless about potential profiteering
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 15:22]

Well that's good. Talking to an old friend this morning who uses ebay he said someone was advertising 4 cans of Dettol for £62 they shouldn't even allow that to be advertised hopefully that profiteering will be removed soon
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:30 - Mar 25 with 1561 viewshomer_123

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:30 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

Well that's good. Talking to an old friend this morning who uses ebay he said someone was advertising 4 cans of Dettol for £62 they shouldn't even allow that to be advertised hopefully that profiteering will be removed soon

They can try and charge what they like - if people don't buy it - it's not a problem.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:38 - Mar 25 with 1539 viewsBent_double

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:21 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

My question is based on the fact if I did a test now and it said negative that doesn't mean I wouldn't have it next week, so would I test myself every day for the next 3 months, or do you wait for 3 months and then test?

If this is a test for the antibodies, I think I'm right in saying that you would only have those if you've had the virus and were now (presumably) immune from getting it again.

I could be wrong though.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:45 - Mar 25 with 1503 viewsGuthrum

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:38 - Mar 25 by Bent_double

If this is a test for the antibodies, I think I'm right in saying that you would only have those if you've had the virus and were now (presumably) immune from getting it again.

I could be wrong though.

More testing for chemicals the body produces in fighting the virus. Will indicate whether you have had it, but immunity not necessarily guaranteed (tho thought likely).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:46 - Mar 25 with 1497 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:21 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

It’s to see if you’ve had it. In that case you are more than likely immune and could start working again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:57 - Mar 25 with 1437 viewsr2d2

So, how would this work? Those who find they have had it can go to work? Those that havent stay at home? Divide the work place in half? Could bring even more questions than answers.
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:59 - Mar 25 with 1420 viewsBloomBlue

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:46 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

It’s to see if you’ve had it. In that case you are more than likely immune and could start working again.

Thanks and I sort of get that, but we're not at the peak yet, so let me given an example (And just ignoring lockdown for now)

Let's say the test is available next week and on Monday I test, the test comes back negative I've not had it and therefore there is a chance I could catch it so I 'don't go back to work,'
Now we've not reach the peak yet meaning I could in theory catch it the following week but in my example its so mild I don't even know I had and the only way I would know is to took the test again
So is it better to start the Country wide testing in 2 or 3 months if not those who are negative would have to keep having a test over a long period
'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 16:03 - Mar 25 with 1392 viewsStokieBlue

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:57 - Mar 25 by r2d2

So, how would this work? Those who find they have had it can go to work? Those that havent stay at home? Divide the work place in half? Could bring even more questions than answers.

Basically you have to go to work whilst your colleagues sit at home and watch Breaking Bad whilst earning the same money.

You'll love it.

Realistically though, it's the only way to get this sorted. People are going to have to take the test and go back even if some can't.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 16:07 - Mar 25 with 1364 viewsGlasgowBlue

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 16:03 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Basically you have to go to work whilst your colleagues sit at home and watch Breaking Bad whilst earning the same money.

You'll love it.

Realistically though, it's the only way to get this sorted. People are going to have to take the test and go back even if some can't.

SB

And if the workplace is shut then it's an opportunity to help out as an NHS volunteer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 16:20 - Mar 25 with 1323 viewsJ2BLUE

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 16:03 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

You'll love it.

SB

It's a great deal for peace of mind and freedom.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 17:14 - Mar 25 with 1205 viewsWD19

'Game changing' Covid 19 antibody test available on Amazon. on 15:59 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

Thanks and I sort of get that, but we're not at the peak yet, so let me given an example (And just ignoring lockdown for now)

Let's say the test is available next week and on Monday I test, the test comes back negative I've not had it and therefore there is a chance I could catch it so I 'don't go back to work,'
Now we've not reach the peak yet meaning I could in theory catch it the following week but in my example its so mild I don't even know I had and the only way I would know is to took the test again
So is it better to start the Country wide testing in 2 or 3 months if not those who are negative would have to keep having a test over a long period

We are likely nowhere near the peak, but at the same time some studies have floated the possibility that as many as 50% of the public may have 'already had' the virus with little/no symptoms.

That is extremely optimistic in my view, but if it is true I think it highly likely I am in the 50%. I had a real rotten flu a couple of weeks back. I would certainly get myself tested for for antibodies if I could......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024