Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? 16:12 - Mar 25 with 3898 viewsMullet

It's quite feasible their main clientele will happily ignore bar staff going unpaid for a cheap pint (although not all judging by the backlash) but once it ripples out into suppliers and supply chain. That's a hell of a lot more families going to feel a wobble from a bloke worth tens of millions not paying out his dues.

In the main many small businesses might well go to the wall this year, but how many big casualties will go too? Could well be that the truest parallel with this WW2 nostalgia will be the appetite for social change afterward?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:18 - Mar 25 with 2994 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope not. I think we should all boycott companies like that.

I will not support them (not that I did) or the likes of Mike Ashley's companies when this is over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:20 - Mar 25 with 2977 viewsMullet

Someone claiming Carluccio's is doing the dirty too

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:24 - Mar 25 with 2956 viewsjontysnut

as someone said in the thread, Wetherspoons is probably more unpopular on twitter than with many of its customers. The 9.00am John Smiths drinkers will still be there when they reopen.
I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:29 - Mar 25 with 2922 viewshampstead_blue

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:20 - Mar 25 by Mullet

Someone claiming Carluccio's is doing the dirty too

Carlucio's has been walking dead for a good time now.
It's on the critical list.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:31 - Mar 25 with 2916 viewsMelford

Posted this in another thread

When you're in an industry where the likes of G**** K*** and other pub companies operate it's takes a special type of c*nt business to be the lowest of the low. I have heard so many stories about they operate and treat their people first hand which are pretty ***king awful. No way I would work in one of their places in a million years.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:51 - Mar 25 with 2816 viewsmonytowbray

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:18 - Mar 25 by J2BLUE

I hope not. I think we should all boycott companies like that.

I will not support them (not that I did) or the likes of Mike Ashley's companies when this is over.

I think one further and actively take action to force them out of business.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:51 - Mar 25 with 2808 viewsBluefish

Do we really want them to go under? They do a fine service of containing the riff raff, great unwashed, gammon, chav, etc.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:52 - Mar 25 with 2806 viewsBloomBlue

No.
When it comes to drink and food in this Country the vast majority buy on price so if Wetherspoons are selling a pint of beer a lot cheaper than other pubs they will be just as full after this is over
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:54 - Mar 25 with 2790 viewsmonytowbray

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:29 - Mar 25 by hampstead_blue

Carlucio's has been walking dead for a good time now.
It's on the critical list.

I imagine like many of the restaurants already struggling they’ve had money sucked out of them to pay the fat cats swapping ownership like they’re Pokemon cards.

I see the CEO is pushing for rent holidays though so that’s a small good thing, but also PAY YOUR STAFF.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:55 - Mar 25 with 2794 viewshoppy

I'm hoping mine is not one of those small businesses you mention at the moment...
I've had two clients that I've already done work for that can't now pay due to the fact they've had to suspend operations or cancel shows (Travel/sightseeing and entertainment sectors), worth almost 2 grand of work done so far, with the jobs not finished yet - potentially just on hold, but also possibly never too be completed if they go out of business themselves.
That's a big hit to a small business, even if it's not a lot to bigger ones.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:03 - Mar 25 with 2704 viewsGlasgowBlue

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:55 - Mar 25 by hoppy

I'm hoping mine is not one of those small businesses you mention at the moment...
I've had two clients that I've already done work for that can't now pay due to the fact they've had to suspend operations or cancel shows (Travel/sightseeing and entertainment sectors), worth almost 2 grand of work done so far, with the jobs not finished yet - potentially just on hold, but also possibly never too be completed if they go out of business themselves.

All the best Hoppy. I hope you get through this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:04 - Mar 25 with 2699 viewsPJH

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:55 - Mar 25 by hoppy

I hope it works out for you hoppy.

Regards to you and your family.
I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:05 - Mar 25 with 2695 viewstractordownsouth

Some people are doing their bit

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:09 - Mar 25 with 2680 viewspeterleeblue

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:31 - Mar 25 by Melford

Posted this in another thread

When you're in an industry where the likes of G**** K*** and other pub companies operate it's takes a special type of c*nt business to be the lowest of the low. I have heard so many stories about they operate and treat their people first hand which are pretty ***king awful. No way I would work in one of their places in a million years.

Not all pub Companies are bad.
I won't name mine for obvious reasons.
The one I work have been superb to employees and tenants so far.

I do worry if this runs on for the longer term but I am keeping my fingers crossed for no more than a 3 month hiatus.
I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:13 - Mar 25 with 2657 viewslowhouseblue

they sell very cheap beer - of course they'll recover.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:15 - Mar 25 with 2643 viewsMelford

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:09 - Mar 25 by peterleeblue

Not all pub Companies are bad.
I won't name mine for obvious reasons.
The one I work have been superb to employees and tenants so far.

I do worry if this runs on for the longer term but I am keeping my fingers crossed for no more than a 3 month hiatus.

There are good ones out there but there's not many of them, it's been a race to the bottom for a while for the big ones.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:19 - Mar 25 with 2618 viewshoppy

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:03 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

All the best Hoppy. I hope you get through this.

Thanks. Likewise, hope you're doing ok?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:20 - Mar 25 with 2611 viewshoppy

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:04 - Mar 25 by PJH

I hope it works out for you hoppy.

Regards to you and your family.

Thanks Sir.

And to you and yours - I forget your grandchildren's names now, but they've probably changed again anyway...

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:23 - Mar 25 with 2597 viewsPJH

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:20 - Mar 25 by hoppy

Thanks Sir.

And to you and yours - I forget your grandchildren's names now, but they've probably changed again anyway...

Thank you.

Actually two of them do change their names in the next few weeks-they will then be named nine and sixteen.
(No subject) (n/t) on 17:27 - Mar 25 with 2545 viewsstrikalite

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:35 - Mar 25 with 2508 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure we all have our fingers crossed.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:35 - Mar 25 with 2508 viewspeterleeblue

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:15 - Mar 25 by Melford

There are good ones out there but there's not many of them, it's been a race to the bottom for a while for the big ones.

The race to the bottom has been perpetuated by Weatherspoon's, Craft Union and Amber Taverns by devaluing the price of a pint and killing fair competition.

Its very difficult where I am to commit a £200k refurbishment (value mainly driven by ridiculously ever changing compliance legislation) when a you can't stack a return because of the need to create a deal so discount heavy to allow the tenant to at least make a living of c£20k per annum.

Lack of investment will eventually drive down the numbers.

Do you work for an independent operator?
I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:41 - Mar 25 with 2475 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:35 - Mar 25 by peterleeblue

The race to the bottom has been perpetuated by Weatherspoon's, Craft Union and Amber Taverns by devaluing the price of a pint and killing fair competition.

Its very difficult where I am to commit a £200k refurbishment (value mainly driven by ridiculously ever changing compliance legislation) when a you can't stack a return because of the need to create a deal so discount heavy to allow the tenant to at least make a living of c£20k per annum.

Lack of investment will eventually drive down the numbers.

Do you work for an independent operator?

We do a lot of work for a pubco and they’ve had a big drive on investment over last couple of year or so. We were in the middle of a £500k investment into a pub which was paused on Monday with site shutting today

It will have to finish as the pub isn’t operable at the moment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 17:41 - Mar 25 with 2476 viewsfactual_blue

I'm sure Sprucey will be putting together some business opportunities that you could advertise for him.

Although I think he only pays £15.99....

Seriously, hope everything works out OK.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 18:03 - Mar 25 with 2375 viewsGeoffSentence

I wonder if Wetherspoons will ever recover from this? on 16:24 - Mar 25 by jontysnut

as someone said in the thread, Wetherspoons is probably more unpopular on twitter than with many of its customers. The 9.00am John Smiths drinkers will still be there when they reopen.

I had breakfast in a Wetherspoons in York.

Fwck me, there really were people in there having beer for breakfast.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024