Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Witty stating at the briefing... 17:23 - Mar 25 with 2135 viewshomer_123

that these anti-body tests have yet to be fully evaluated.

So, they are not fully tested and signed off in terms of accuracy.

Also stating - this is not something we'll be buying over the Internet next week. These tests will only go to critical groups, such as NHS workers.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 17:25]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:24 - Mar 25 with 2099 viewsHerbivore

Hopefully they will delay until they've been tested. An unreliable test isn't any better than no test at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:25 - Mar 25 with 2100 viewshomer_123

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:24 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

Hopefully they will delay until they've been tested. An unreliable test isn't any better than no test at all.

Indeed.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:37 - Mar 25 with 2051 viewsfactual_blue

Whitty and Vallance are so articulate and succinct they just embarrass boris every time they speak.

boris just sounds like a six-former trying to bluff his way through the seminar paper he hasn't prepared.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:41 - Mar 25 with 2023 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:37 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

Whitty and Vallance are so articulate and succinct they just embarrass boris every time they speak.

boris just sounds like a six-former trying to bluff his way through the seminar paper he hasn't prepared.

They were also articulate and succinct when they were persuing the wrong policy 2 weeks ago.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:43 - Mar 25 with 2016 viewsfactual_blue

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:41 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

They were also articulate and succinct when they were persuing the wrong policy 2 weeks ago.

Sorry didn't realise you were an epidemiologist.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:45 - Mar 25 with 2002 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:43 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

Sorry didn't realise you were an epidemiologist.

If experts disagree, one set must be wrong, and having changed their minds, you don't need to be an epidemiologist to work out which set.

It's as though herd immunity has been airbrushed from history.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:48 - Mar 25 with 1987 viewsfactual_blue

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:45 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

If experts disagree, one set must be wrong, and having changed their minds, you don't need to be an epidemiologist to work out which set.

On a point of precision, if experts disagree they can both be wrong.

Beyond that, I wasn't in the country a couple of weeks ago so I'm not in a position to say what was being discussed then.

The general point, that they say everything better than boris, holds good.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:55 - Mar 25 with 1948 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:48 - Mar 25 by factual_blue

On a point of precision, if experts disagree they can both be wrong.

Beyond that, I wasn't in the country a couple of weeks ago so I'm not in a position to say what was being discussed then.

The general point, that they say everything better than boris, holds good.

Agreed, but my point that a well-articulated argument doesn't automatically mean it is the best argument holds good too.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 17:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:55 - Mar 25 with 1941 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hope he doesn't get shot.... Chrissy Witty bang bang....sorry but I did misread the OP!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 18:02 - Mar 25 with 1922 viewsGlasgowBlue

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:55 - Mar 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hope he doesn't get shot.... Chrissy Witty bang bang....sorry but I did misread the OP!

That post is in poor taste Banksy. Chris Whitty's father was shot in the head three times by Palestinian terrorists.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 18:04 - Mar 25 with 1904 viewssparks

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 17:45 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

Not how it works.

Evidence changes, and scientists shift position.

Unlike Boris who tends to simply double down when wrong...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:08 - Mar 25 with 1825 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 18:04 - Mar 25 by sparks

Not how it works.

Evidence changes, and scientists shift position.

Unlike Boris who tends to simply double down when wrong...

Did the evidence dramatically change, or did the Imperial College report make them smell the coffee? I have my suspicions.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:13 - Mar 25 with 1807 viewsBloomBlue

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:08 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

Did the evidence dramatically change, or did the Imperial College report make them smell the coffee? I have my suspicions.

Imperial college have been part of the team advising Witty from the start, they perform all the data modeling.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 19:16]
Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:13 - Mar 25 with 1796 viewssparks

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:08 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

The evidence was the report.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:20 - Mar 25 with 1756 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:13 - Mar 25 by sparks

The evidence was the report.

But the figures hadn't changed only the strategy, we were going to get herd immunity so that when the mathematically modelled second wave came along we would all be ok when other countries would suffer. They then realised that the amount of people who would die in the first wave would not be acceptable they changed tack.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:21 - Mar 25 with 1750 viewssparks

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:20 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

But the figures hadn't changed only the strategy, we were going to get herd immunity so that when the mathematically modelled second wave came along we would all be ok when other countries would suffer. They then realised that the amount of people who would die in the first wave would not be acceptable they changed tack.

Thats not right though is it?

The modelling was the evidence which changed and they reacetd to it.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:22 - Mar 25 with 1738 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:13 - Mar 25 by BloomBlue

Imperial college have been part of the team advising Witty from the start, they perform all the data modeling.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 19:16]

Think it was Vallance rather than Witty who advocated the herd immunity theory?

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:30 - Mar 25 with 1696 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:21 - Mar 25 by sparks

Thats not right though is it?

The modelling was the evidence which changed and they reacetd to it.

Yes that's the official line, as i said i'm suspicious of that, I think if a mistake was made I don't think it would have been admitted as it would kill public confidence, when it can easily be covered with a vague 'the evidence has changed' - in which countries were the rates of increase suddenly changing?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 19:30]

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 20:10 - Mar 25 with 1611 viewsdavblue

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 19:30 - Mar 25 by Trequartista

Yes that's the official line, as i said i'm suspicious of that, I think if a mistake was made I don't think it would have been admitted as it would kill public confidence, when it can easily be covered with a vague 'the evidence has changed' - in which countries were the rates of increase suddenly changing?
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 19:30]

Whether it was a cover up or not if it was wrong then the right decision has been made to alter the plan rather than going with the wrong one!
Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 20:15 - Mar 25 with 1601 viewsTrequartista

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 20:10 - Mar 25 by davblue

Whether it was a cover up or not if it was wrong then the right decision has been made to alter the plan rather than going with the wrong one!

Well we won't know that for many weeks, but i think it is the right decision.

I think the only comparisons we will be able to make is if Trump and maybe Bolsonara go down the route of keeping things open in their respective countries.

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 20:46 - Mar 25 with 1560 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Chris Witty stating at the briefing... on 18:02 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

That post is in poor taste Banksy. Chris Whitty's father was shot in the head three times by Palestinian terrorists.

Fancy not knowing....but a good angle for the stalky down vote!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024