Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. 17:32 - Mar 25 with 1492 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

WTF?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 17:40 - Mar 25 with 1454 viewsHerbivore

Thank goodness for that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 17:42 - Mar 25 with 1453 viewsjeera

At last, there's some sense to this world.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:03 - Mar 25 with 1403 viewsGlasgowBlue

They provide am essential service for the nation's sanity.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:04 - Mar 25 with 1413 viewssparks

Presumably they are concerned that people will be going out daily and traipsing round different shops to find some plonk.

I am frankly desperate. Down to our last two bottles, and I went shopping yesterday so probably shouldnt go out again. Coop is restricting to 3 per customer.

Need a decent wine club/ delivery service urgently!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:04 - Mar 25 with 1408 viewsDanTheMan

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:03 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

Got through more wine in the last two weeks than the previous 3 months.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:07 - Mar 25 with 1395 viewsLankHenners

If someone is an alcoholic/dependant on it and their access to alcohol gets taken away, then that could lead to something very sad and very serious very quickly. Not that you want to encourage alcoholism but like with any addiction, a sudden withdrawal could end up nastily.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:08 - Mar 25 with 1380 viewsGlasgowBlue

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:04 - Mar 25 by DanTheMan

Got through more wine in the last two weeks than the previous 3 months.

I've put on 4lbs since Tuesday. That is entirely down to drinking on what used to be classed as a school night.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:09 - Mar 25 with 1382 viewssparks

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:08 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

I've put on 4lbs since Tuesday. That is entirely down to drinking on what used to be classed as a school night.

Majestic are talking about 14 day delivery times.

HELP!

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Login to get fewer ads

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:13 - Mar 25 with 1353 viewsjeera

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:09 - Mar 25 by sparks

Majestic are talking about 14 day delivery times.

HELP!

2 bottles huh?

I don't know how many thimbles per day that works out at spread over a fortnight but it's not much.

You need to purchase beer next time as well to pad it out a bit.

Do you not have a shop nearby that will serve by the door?

I keep saying but we are fortunate to have one here.

Tell you what, you post me some of those nice sounding Thai curries you were boasting about, and I'll send you some booze in return.

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:16 - Mar 25 with 1338 viewssparks

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:13 - Mar 25 by jeera

2 bottles huh?

I don't know how many thimbles per day that works out at spread over a fortnight but it's not much.

You need to purchase beer next time as well to pad it out a bit.

Do you not have a shop nearby that will serve by the door?

I keep saying but we are fortunate to have one here.

Tell you what, you post me some of those nice sounding Thai curries you were boasting about, and I'll send you some booze in return.

Its a nice idea, but I think the curries would melt in the post...

We have a Coop 1/2 a mile up the road (if that). But I am trying very hard not to keep going out- and with a three bottle restriction, it aint going to last us a week anyway!

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:23 - Mar 25 with 1300 viewsbrogansnose

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:16 - Mar 25 by sparks

Its a nice idea, but I think the curries would melt in the post...

We have a Coop 1/2 a mile up the road (if that). But I am trying very hard not to keep going out- and with a three bottle restriction, it aint going to last us a week anyway!

You could give this company a go Bully. Disclaimer; I used to work for them when they first started out but they are a lovely company and they know their schizzle.

https://philglas-swiggot.com/
Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:23 - Mar 25 with 1300 viewsLord_Lucan

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:03 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

I didn't think Off Licences really existed these days.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:30 - Mar 25 with 1281 viewsjeera

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:23 - Mar 25 by brogansnose

You could give this company a go Bully. Disclaimer; I used to work for them when they first started out but they are a lovely company and they know their schizzle.

https://philglas-swiggot.com/

Can't seem to locate the £6.99 - £8.99 range.

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:33 - Mar 25 with 1273 viewssparks

Off licences now classed as 'essential' and can now stay open. on 18:30 - Mar 25 by jeera

Can't seem to locate the £6.99 - £8.99 range.

Needs must in a crisis. 2 cases of Pouilly Fume should do us for a week or so :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024