Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just for reference.... 22:38 - Mar 25 with 7252 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In England and Wales in 2011 on average each day 1,327 people died.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/06/deaths-mortality-rates-cau
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:40]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just for reference.... on 00:00 - Mar 26 with 1421 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 23:41 - Mar 25 by jeera

This is your Oxford study reference?

Yes, or no?

Can't really see that picture on my phone tbf...I am just hoping that todays figure of 28 deaths may be relevant so looked up some comparative data for reference.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2020/mar/25/coronavirus

Just for reference.... on 00:02 - Mar 26 with 1420 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 23:45 - Mar 25 by SpruceMoose

Give it a rest you bloody berk.

Nothing to say as per....

Just for reference.... on 00:05 - Mar 26 with 1425 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 23:57 - Mar 25 by Guthrum

Yes. Now think of the extra load on the system if that figure were increased by 50%, or even doubled, due to Covid-19.

If as I hope we are further through this playing out as per the optimistic end of the Oxford modelling then we are all going to be paying a substantial cost either way.

Just for reference.... on 00:13 - Mar 26 with 1400 viewsjeera

Just for reference.... on 00:00 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Can't really see that picture on my phone tbf...I am just hoping that todays figure of 28 deaths may be relevant so looked up some comparative data for reference.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2020/mar/25/coronavirus

It's in your OP.

You posted it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just for reference.... on 00:24 - Mar 26 with 1387 viewsOldsmoker

Maybe Bankster should have mentioned that those deaths are the normal and that C19 are PREVENTABLE deaths.
That joke (??) about the surgeon who says we don't have any available organs but it's raining so it shouldn't be long now. For reference, more RTA's happen in the wet, especially bikers.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Just for reference.... on 00:37 - Mar 26 with 1370 viewsSpruceMoose

Just for reference.... on 00:02 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nothing to say as per....

You provide nothing worth responding to seriously. As per...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just for reference.... on 06:52 - Mar 26 with 1293 viewsGluedtoBlue

Just for reference.... on 22:43 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Still not playing it down then?

1,327 people probably still died of various causes but there were another 50 on top of that from C-19. Left unchecked there would have been another 5000 on top of that from C-19.

I honestly don't understand your attitude lately.

SB

Not to enter debate or to downplay any death but simply to put facts on the table it wouldn't be an additional 50 deaths because of the way Covid-19 deaths are counted.

If someone is positive for Covid-19 then they are counted as a statistic even if that's not what killed them.

The 18 year old that died, for example, was included as a Covid-19 death but the medical professionals stated he was coronavirus positive but the virus played no part in his death.

Of course, the virus is clearly killing some before their time but the true number isn't actually clear.

I'm not downplaying the virus but when people I know suffer with severe health anxiety it angers me that the numbers reported in the media are seemingly slightly cooked.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 6:56]

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Just for reference.... on 06:57 - Mar 26 with 1284 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just for reference.... on 22:50 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Because that isn't what you are doing and you know it.

If you truly wanted to highlight some scientific data you would have found something more up to date and relevant.

Stop acting like a fool, you've let yourself down horribly the last month or so. It's sad to see :(.

SB
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:51]

People talk about how the behaviour of the likes of Wetherspoons and Sports Direct won’t be forgotten when this is all over.

I think that also goes for the point scorers on here like a Banksy whose been acting like an utter tool with regards to this since February.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Just for reference.... on 07:11 - Mar 26 with 1272 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 06:57 - Mar 26 by GlasgowBlue

People talk about how the behaviour of the likes of Wetherspoons and Sports Direct won’t be forgotten when this is all over.

I think that also goes for the point scorers on here like a Banksy whose been acting like an utter tool with regards to this since February.

Spoken like a true point scorer....in your dreams!

Just for reference.... on 07:24 - Mar 26 with 1269 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just to reiterate...before I head off. When the main vector being pushed at us is the number of deaths I tried to get an idea of the norm so posted some info for a point of comparisson. Maybe the press should be told a figure for people in intensive care on ventilators figure or some such to give a fuller picture.
If people want to pretend I have an 'agenda' then so be it....I will continue to follow all guidelines while hoping for another relatively low figure of deaths tonight after yesterday's 28.

Just for reference.... on 07:27 - Mar 26 with 1258 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 00:13 - Mar 26 by jeera

It's in your OP.

You posted it.

I was.concentrating on the words.....so no that is not the Oxford study.

Just for reference.... on 07:33 - Mar 26 with 1250 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just for reference.... on 07:24 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just to reiterate...before I head off. When the main vector being pushed at us is the number of deaths I tried to get an idea of the norm so posted some info for a point of comparisson. Maybe the press should be told a figure for people in intensive care on ventilators figure or some such to give a fuller picture.
If people want to pretend I have an 'agenda' then so be it....I will continue to follow all guidelines while hoping for another relatively low figure of deaths tonight after yesterday's 28.

Then the correct thing to post would be that although 28 deaths is 28 too many, and it is very much early days, it is encouraging to see a lower death toll yesterday and should this continue we shall see our curve come well below that of Italy and Spain. Early days as I said but if we all follow the advice given then we can beat this.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 7:33]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just for reference.... on 08:18 - Mar 26 with 1229 viewsGluedtoBlue

Just for reference.... on 07:33 - Mar 26 by GlasgowBlue

Then the correct thing to post would be that although 28 deaths is 28 too many, and it is very much early days, it is encouraging to see a lower death toll yesterday and should this continue we shall see our curve come well below that of Italy and Spain. Early days as I said but if we all follow the advice given then we can beat this.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 7:33]

I'll point out what I said earlier in the thread.

"Not to enter debate or to downplay any death but simply to put facts on the table it wouldn't be an additional 50 deaths because of the way Covid-19 deaths are counted. 

If someone is positive for Covid-19 then they are counted as a statistic even if that's not what killed them."

*change the number 50 to 28 and you'll see my point.

I'd also refer you to my full post to understand why I'm looking at it that way.

Just for reference.... on 08:34 - Mar 26 with 1221 viewsGuthrum

There were 41 new deaths recorded in the UK in the period between 1pm on 24th March and 9am yesterday (20 hours).

There were 87 new deaths in the preceding 24 hours and 54 in the one before that. The daily death rate hasn't been below 30 in over a week.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just for reference.... on 09:11 - Mar 26 with 1194 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 00:24 - Mar 26 by Oldsmoker

Maybe Bankster should have mentioned that those deaths are the normal and that C19 are PREVENTABLE deaths.
That joke (??) about the surgeon who says we don't have any available organs but it's raining so it shouldn't be long now. For reference, more RTA's happen in the wet, especially bikers.

How are C-19 preventable deaths?

Either post the evidence for that or stop posting rubbish - you did it on the police state nonsense yesterday as well.

Citing accidents in any way, shape or form fundamentally misunderstands the situation we are in.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just for reference.... on 09:12 - Mar 26 with 1192 viewsGeoffSentence

Just for reference.... on 22:43 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

Still not playing it down then?

1,327 people probably still died of various causes but there were another 50 on top of that from C-19. Left unchecked there would have been another 5000 on top of that from C-19.

I honestly don't understand your attitude lately.

SB

Not to play down the effect of Covid-19, but I would not be at all surprised to see death rates drop this year.

Whilst Covid-19 is killing people, I suspect that all the measures that have been put in place will see a reduction in other infectious diseases and also deaths from road traffic.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just for reference.... on 09:15 - Mar 26 with 1188 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 06:52 - Mar 26 by GluedtoBlue

Not to enter debate or to downplay any death but simply to put facts on the table it wouldn't be an additional 50 deaths because of the way Covid-19 deaths are counted.

If someone is positive for Covid-19 then they are counted as a statistic even if that's not what killed them.

The 18 year old that died, for example, was included as a Covid-19 death but the medical professionals stated he was coronavirus positive but the virus played no part in his death.

Of course, the virus is clearly killing some before their time but the true number isn't actually clear.

I'm not downplaying the virus but when people I know suffer with severe health anxiety it angers me that the numbers reported in the media are seemingly slightly cooked.

You clearly are downplaying the virus though, just saying your not at the end of your post doesn't mean it's true.

The virus brings on death with those with underlying conditions much faster because their body is struggling with the virus and thus can't fend off the other conditions. To say it's not a factor is misrepresenting the situation.

Surely someone suffering from health anxiety is far better off knowing the evidence and the reality than being hidden from it with posts such as some on the forum which downplay the virus and even push that it's no worse than the flu and it's all a big conspiracy.

SB

Just for reference.... on 09:19 - Mar 26 with 1184 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 09:12 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

Not to play down the effect of Covid-19, but I would not be at all surprised to see death rates drop this year.

Whilst Covid-19 is killing people, I suspect that all the measures that have been put in place will see a reduction in other infectious diseases and also deaths from road traffic.

That's not playing it down as you say. That is a function of the fact people aren't leaving their homes.

It's also only the case because the measures have been taken. Without them the deaths would have been far larger this year due to the r0 and mortality rate.

SB

Just for reference.... on 09:20 - Mar 26 with 1186 viewsGuthrum

Just for reference.... on 06:52 - Mar 26 by GluedtoBlue

If you want to tackle the anxiety, look at the small proportion of the population who are becoming ill enough to go into hospital and thus get tested - about 0.14% - and the fact that currently around 80% of tests return a negative result.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Just for reference.... on 09:20 - Mar 26 with 1184 viewsStokieBlue

But you are comparing apples and oranges. How is comparing deaths related to a single virus against total deaths for other causes in any way a good comparison? The whole point is that these are new deaths above the baseline level you cited.

SB

Just for reference.... on 10:02 - Mar 26 with 1164 viewsGluedtoBlue

Just for reference.... on 09:15 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

You clearly are downplaying the virus though, just saying your not at the end of your post doesn't mean it's true.

The virus brings on death with those with underlying conditions much faster because their body is struggling with the virus and thus can't fend off the other conditions. To say it's not a factor is misrepresenting the situation.

Surely someone suffering from health anxiety is far better off knowing the evidence and the reality than being hidden from it with posts such as some on the forum which downplay the virus and even push that it's no worse than the flu and it's all a big conspiracy.

SB

I'm not downplaying the virus. Including someone who has tested positive but died of something else - see the 18 year old - is overstating the true number of deaths.

Yes, people with anxiety are better to know evidence or the facts. The fact is that if 50 deaths are reported in a day, at least some of those 50 would have died regardless of Covid-19. What % is anyone's guess.

Just for reference.... on 10:07 - Mar 26 with 1159 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 08:34 - Mar 26 by Guthrum

There were 41 new deaths recorded in the UK in the period between 1pm on 24th March and 9am yesterday (20 hours).

There were 87 new deaths in the preceding 24 hours and 54 in the one before that. The daily death rate hasn't been below 30 in over a week.

The OP data refers to England and Wales.

Just for reference.... on 10:11 - Mar 26 with 1150 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 09:20 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

But you are comparing apples and oranges. How is comparing deaths related to a single virus against total deaths for other causes in any way a good comparison? The whole point is that these are new deaths above the baseline level you cited.

SB

But are they?
What is the current figure for deaths per day from all causes...is this data available?

Just for reference.... on 10:12 - Mar 26 with 1146 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 10:02 - Mar 26 by GluedtoBlue

I'm not downplaying the virus. Including someone who has tested positive but died of something else - see the 18 year old - is overstating the true number of deaths.

Yes, people with anxiety are better to know evidence or the facts. The fact is that if 50 deaths are reported in a day, at least some of those 50 would have died regardless of Covid-19. What % is anyone's guess.

I'm not sure you read my post.

"The virus brings on death with those with underlying conditions much faster because their body is struggling with the virus and thus can't fend off the other conditions. To say it's not a factor is misrepresenting the situation."

I am not really sure what your point is? Are you angry at the media? Are you angry at the government? Are you implying that C-19 isn't that bad as people die anyway?

SB

Just for reference.... on 10:28 - Mar 26 with 1306 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 10:11 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

But are they?
What is the current figure for deaths per day from all causes...is this data available?

You are engaging in whatabouterry. If the measures the government has taken were not in place the deaths would be massively higher and the infection would be spreading incredibly quickly. You seem to ignore all the evidence posted on this to focus on your interpretation that the deaths that you believe the deaths are roughly the same. You are totally ignoring the context of the measures taken.

Why are you even trying to compare the deaths from all causes? What is your point? Can you actually make a point? All your posts are one line which clearly make an insinuation and then when you are called out you say you meant something else.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024