Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just for reference.... 22:38 - Mar 25 with 7236 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In England and Wales in 2011 on average each day 1,327 people died.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/nov/06/deaths-mortality-rates-cau
[Post edited 25 Mar 2020 22:40]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just for reference.... on 10:52 - Mar 26 with 1127 viewsGluedtoBlue

Just for reference.... on 10:12 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

I'm not sure you read my post.

"The virus brings on death with those with underlying conditions much faster because their body is struggling with the virus and thus can't fend off the other conditions. To say it's not a factor is misrepresenting the situation."

I am not really sure what your point is? Are you angry at the media? Are you angry at the government? Are you implying that C-19 isn't that bad as people die anyway?

SB

I do take your point but in the case of the 18 year old the medical professional involved said the virus played no part in the death.

The media sensationalise things too far in my opinion with misleading clickbait headlines.

My only gripe with the government is a lack of clarity around the true death rate; not in terms of a % as that all hangs on widespread testing but the split between those that have died as a direct result of Covid-19 and those who were positive but died of something else, which is how I believe the flu rate is calculated.

Of course, every death matters but I think context is important to limit the mass hysteria we're currently seeing in shops etc.

Poll: Who do you hate the most?

Just for reference.... on 11:22 - Mar 26 with 1112 viewsflimflam

William Schaffner, a vaccine expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Centre, told Kaiser Health News (KHN): "When we think about the relative danger of this new coronavirus and influenza, there's just no comparison.

"Coronavirus will be a blip on the horizon in comparison. The risk is trivial.”

Peter Hotez, a virologist at Baylor College of Medicine, told KHN: "Influenza rarely gets this sort of attention, even though it kills more Americans each year than any other virus.”

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Just for reference.... on 14:21 - Mar 26 with 1086 viewsGeoffSentence

Just for reference.... on 10:11 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

But are they?
What is the current figure for deaths per day from all causes...is this data available?

Monthly ones are aggregated here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just for reference.... on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 1054 viewsRyorry

Just for reference.... on 00:24 - Mar 26 by Oldsmoker

Maybe Bankster should have mentioned that those deaths are the normal and that C19 are PREVENTABLE deaths.
That joke (??) about the surgeon who says we don't have any available organs but it's raining so it shouldn't be long now. For reference, more RTA's happen in the wet, especially bikers.

"C19 are PREVENTABLE deaths."

Jeezus H, are you for real?

If the 22,192 deaths worldwide so far were "preventable", please explain how you would have prevented them. Thanks in advance.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just for reference.... on 17:15 - Mar 26 with 1018 viewsStokieBlue

Just for reference.... on 10:07 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

The OP data refers to England and Wales.

So the deaths data for yesterday was only for a partial amount of the day as they are changing the reporting times.

You weren't playing it down though or pushing false equivalences so it's all fine right?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just for reference.... on 21:00 - Mar 26 with 986 viewsOldsmoker

Just for reference.... on 15:28 - Mar 26 by Ryorry

"C19 are PREVENTABLE deaths."

Jeezus H, are you for real?

If the 22,192 deaths worldwide so far were "preventable", please explain how you would have prevented them. Thanks in advance.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You, Ryorry and Stokieblue, seem to have missed my point.
By staying indoors we are reducing our chances of being infected and not infecting other people. If you are not infected then you are not going to die or pass it on.
Therefore, deaths are being prevented.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Just for reference.... on 21:10 - Mar 26 with 969 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 17:15 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

So the deaths data for yesterday was only for a partial amount of the day as they are changing the reporting times.

You weren't playing it down though or pushing false equivalences so it's all fine right?

SB

I started a separate thread about what turned out to be the reason for yesterday's figures ( that will teach me to be optimistic). Maybe they should have mentioned it yesterday.
I certainly wasn't intending to play anything down...but what would I know. To be honest I think daily updates on critical care figures might be more illuminating than deaths at this moment in time to keep the public abreast on any growing pressure in hospitals. At the moment it appears we are still at the calm before the storm phase.

Just for reference.... on 21:19 - Mar 26 with 959 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just for reference.... on 14:21 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

Monthly ones are aggregated here

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/dea

Cheers Mr Sentence...tried to look at these last night but nothing up to date which is why I ended up using the link I did.

Login to get fewer ads

Just for reference.... on 21:42 - Mar 26 with 944 viewsOldsmoker

Just for reference.... on 21:10 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

I started a separate thread about what turned out to be the reason for yesterday's figures ( that will teach me to be optimistic). Maybe they should have mentioned it yesterday.
I certainly wasn't intending to play anything down...but what would I know. To be honest I think daily updates on critical care figures might be more illuminating than deaths at this moment in time to keep the public abreast on any growing pressure in hospitals. At the moment it appears we are still at the calm before the storm phase.

What bugs me Bankster is that when I have gone out to get some milk/vodka/OJ from the convenience store the street life has been active - far too active for a lockdown. Those that have offered a comment have said "what's all the fuss about".
Deaths are preventable if everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) tries to prevent them.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Just for reference.... on 21:45 - Mar 26 with 940 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just for reference.... on 11:22 - Mar 26 by flimflam

William Schaffner, a vaccine expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Centre, told Kaiser Health News (KHN): "When we think about the relative danger of this new coronavirus and influenza, there's just no comparison.

"Coronavirus will be a blip on the horizon in comparison. The risk is trivial.”

Peter Hotez, a virologist at Baylor College of Medicine, told KHN: "Influenza rarely gets this sort of attention, even though it kills more Americans each year than any other virus.”

That’s was back in January when only 4,000 cases and 26 deaths had been attributed to coronavirus. The position is a bit different now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just for reference.... on 23:22 - Mar 26 with 920 viewsRyorry

Just for reference.... on 21:00 - Mar 26 by Oldsmoker

You, Ryorry and Stokieblue, seem to have missed my point.
By staying indoors we are reducing our chances of being infected and not infecting other people. If you are not infected then you are not going to die or pass it on.
Therefore, deaths are being prevented.

Please point us to any country in the world to tell us where and how you would have prevented their population's deaths from Covid_19.

Or perhaps you might wish to rephrase the post of yours that I quoted from.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just for reference.... on 23:46 - Mar 26 with 915 viewsTrequartista

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Just for reference.... on 09:47 - Mar 27 with 867 viewsandytown

Just for reference.... on 23:46 - Mar 26 by Trequartista

Does anyone know why the govt have now said that Covid19 is no longer a high consequence infectious disease (as of 19 March acc to their website).

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-consequence-infectious-diseases-hcid

It all seems high consequence to me atm??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024