Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? 07:14 - Mar 26 with 2433 viewsGlasgowBlue

If so what sort if work are you doing fir the NHS?

250,000 asked for - over half a million signed up. Heroes everyone of them.

So far noting similar set up in Scotland. There are 1000’s of us not able to work who would do this.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:26 - Mar 26 with 2380 viewsFixed_It

Surely the NHS serves Scotland as well, or did it specifically say England?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:28 - Mar 26 with 2367 viewsGlasgowBlue

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:26 - Mar 26 by Fixed_It

Surely the NHS serves Scotland as well, or did it specifically say England?

NHS is devolved up here.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:33 - Mar 26 with 2360 viewsbluelagos

Signes up for deliveries. Not heard back yet.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:35 - Mar 26 with 2345 viewsbluelagos

Loads of local groups doing shopping for oldies. We have one where I am and been helping set it up and delivering too.

Just get on FB and find your local group.

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:37 - Mar 26 with 2329 viewsfabian_illness

I did too.
Deliveries and transport.
Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:42 - Mar 26 with 2313 viewsElephantintheRoom

Do you have to volunteer for the NHS?

Most local communities have been doing much of this for weeks. I'm betting there will be a lot of crossover.

All the isolated people in our village are being well looked after by neighbours and worthies rallying to the cause. As one who is now shopping for three different people and families I can advise that you get a good sneering at buy others fighting for the bread and toilet rolls.

Walking someone else's dog doesnt seem to fit government guidelines either.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:58 - Mar 26 with 2281 viewsbluelagos

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:42 - Mar 26 by ElephantintheRoom

Do you have to volunteer for the NHS?

Most local communities have been doing much of this for weeks. I'm betting there will be a lot of crossover.

All the isolated people in our village are being well looked after by neighbours and worthies rallying to the cause. As one who is now shopping for three different people and families I can advise that you get a good sneering at buy others fighting for the bread and toilet rolls.

Walking someone else's dog doesnt seem to fit government guidelines either.

Yep, shopping for others doesnt fit in with the (needed) rationing. I like the idea of locking up the big trollies. Though Boris said to shop infrequently so that is out I guess.

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 08:02 - Mar 26 with 2273 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Why thank you Glasgow!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 10:00 - Mar 26 with 2183 viewsBloomBlue

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:28 - Mar 26 by GlasgowBlue

NHS is devolved up here.

Me old mate who lives in Scotland and adamant he wants independence was saying a few of those leading the fight for independence ware worried CV could impact how people feel about independence especially if the health becomes overrun in Scotland and cannot cope and has to ask the NHS (England) for help. Based on the principle if Scotland's health service cannot cope and it's been 'independent' for many years could Scotland cope if it did go fully independent in other areas
Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 10:03 - Mar 26 with 2163 viewsLord_Lucan

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 07:33 - Mar 26 by bluelagos

Signes up for deliveries. Not heard back yet.

Did you not go on Monday?

I'm at work for two days at the moment and yesterday I asked my neighbour if she needed anything. She is surrounded by flats and houses and so far no one has knocked on her door. It's incredible.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 10:07 - Mar 26 with 2142 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not operating in Wales either, but I believe Westminster is going to talk to the devolved governments about making this pan-UK.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 11:11 - Mar 26 with 2106 viewsPendejo

Yes, have applied for driving duties

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 11:14 - Mar 26 with 2090 viewsPecker

Just passed my assessment for driving an ambulance (mini bus) ferrying patients to and from hospital. Start Monday.
Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 2048 viewsNo9

I thought you were busy converting your restaurant / catering business to 'Take Away' = carrry out in Scotland?
Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 12:48 - Mar 26 with 2009 viewsghostofescobar

Yes, for the phoning someone thing. I wanted to do more ie actually get out there, but my mum in law is desperately ill with cancer, she wouldn’t survive the virus, so we are doing all we can to not get infected ourselves.

GhostOfEscobar

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 14:12 - Mar 26 with 1978 viewsbluelagos

Has anyone in here signed up as an NHS volunteer? on 10:03 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Did you not go on Monday?

I'm at work for two days at the moment and yesterday I asked my neighbour if she needed anything. She is surrounded by flats and houses and so far no one has knocked on her door. It's incredible.

That was with the local food bank in Ipswich. I only do one afternoon a fortnight with them, but will step it up if they are short (which I think they will as most of their volunteers are elderly)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024