Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got a new £20 note handy? 07:49 - Mar 26 with 3963 viewsbluelagos

Will donate £20 to a charity of your (or your kids) choice if you can find the hitchhiker.

No clues til later. First correct answer only. New £20 note only.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:00 - Mar 26 with 2903 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

After a slight hesitation,under the circumstances, I picked an old fella up on the A12 about a week ago and dropped him at Saxmundham station. He had driven from Lowestoft for an interview as a bar manager at Glemham Hall and his car had broken down. He was wearing a Town trackie top....I don't suppose this is the answer though.

Edit....oh I see, it's on the note!
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 8:01]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:03 - Mar 26 with 2892 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:00 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

After a slight hesitation,under the circumstances, I picked an old fella up on the A12 about a week ago and dropped him at Saxmundham station. He had driven from Lowestoft for an interview as a bar manager at Glemham Hall and his car had broken down. He was wearing a Town trackie top....I don't suppose this is the answer though.

Wonder if our new found social conscience will extend to helping out hitchhikers? Time will tell I guess.

But no, on the £20 note. Genuine offer and one to keep the kids engaged for a few mins.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:18 - Mar 26 with 2816 viewsFixed_It

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:03 - Mar 26 by bluelagos

Wonder if our new found social conscience will extend to helping out hitchhikers? Time will tell I guess.

But no, on the £20 note. Genuine offer and one to keep the kids engaged for a few mins.

Is this like a rich man's 'Where's Wally'?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 09:17 - Mar 26 with 2723 viewsGeoffSentence

I got offered a casual job in Tooks bakery in Ipswich hitch-hiking back from Yorkshire as a 17 year old.

When the other blokes in the bakery found out how I got the job there was a lot of snickering. Apparently the chap who gave me the lift and offered me the job had a bit of a reputation with young lads.

I didn't like the job anyway, it was too much like hard work.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 09:23 - Mar 26 with 2694 viewsfabian_illness

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 09:17 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

I got offered a casual job in Tooks bakery in Ipswich hitch-hiking back from Yorkshire as a 17 year old.

When the other blokes in the bakery found out how I got the job there was a lot of snickering. Apparently the chap who gave me the lift and offered me the job had a bit of a reputation with young lads.

I didn't like the job anyway, it was too much like hard work.

My Grandad worked at Tooks as an engineer.
Thankfully not the bloke handing out jobs!
Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 14:19 - Mar 27 with 2499 viewsbluelagos

Bump.

Junior Bankster apparently knows the answer, but charity donation still available ☺

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 16:55 - Mar 27 with 2406 viewsronnyd

Is Brittannia hitching a lift?
Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 17:03 - Mar 27 with 2389 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 16:55 - Mar 27 by ronnyd

Is Brittannia hitching a lift?

It's not Brittannia no.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:11 - Mar 31 with 2130 viewsbluelagos

Seriously, has no-one got this?

Clue 1. You are looking for a matchstick man with his arm extended.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:34 - Mar 31 with 2083 viewsWeWereZombies

I saw this old guy in a bright yellow cagoule hitchhiking just outside Portree a few weeks ago, even before I stopped I could see that his movements were a bit jerky (in that he did not have full control over them, not in the Steve Martin debut film sense). So I thought 'If I don't stop for him then no one will', first thing he did when he got in the car was ask to have the passenger side window fully wound down in case he was sick - it was about two degrees outside.

I couldn't really understand what he was saying but when I got to my turning off the main road I said 'I will have to drop you here,' I will admit that I was getting worried that he would stay in the car all the way home and I would find myself with an unexpected house guest. But he said 'this is good, I'm camping here'. So I started to pull into the camp site on the opposite side of the road, it has showers and toilets, but he said 'no, not here' and then directed me to the hotel car park on the other side of the main road. All the while his movements had continued in an unsettled way and I am wondering onset of Parkinson's? Motor Neurone Disease? So we shake hands and he goes off, presumably to where he is camping wild, in the mountains, in early March. Perhaps I should have carried on home and given him a bed for the night.

Coming back to the hitchhiker on the £20 note - is he on the back of the spider crawling down from Robert the Bruce?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:38 - Mar 31 with 2060 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:11 - Mar 31 by bluelagos

Seriously, has no-one got this?

Clue 1. You are looking for a matchstick man with his arm extended.

She was so thrilled when she found out the answer.....as her friends have been too.....several hours well spent.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:52 - Mar 31 with 2039 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:38 - Mar 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

She was so thrilled when she found out the answer.....as her friends have been too.....several hours well spent.

Told you she'd thank me!

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:56 - Mar 31 with 2031 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:34 - Mar 31 by WeWereZombies

I saw this old guy in a bright yellow cagoule hitchhiking just outside Portree a few weeks ago, even before I stopped I could see that his movements were a bit jerky (in that he did not have full control over them, not in the Steve Martin debut film sense). So I thought 'If I don't stop for him then no one will', first thing he did when he got in the car was ask to have the passenger side window fully wound down in case he was sick - it was about two degrees outside.

I couldn't really understand what he was saying but when I got to my turning off the main road I said 'I will have to drop you here,' I will admit that I was getting worried that he would stay in the car all the way home and I would find myself with an unexpected house guest. But he said 'this is good, I'm camping here'. So I started to pull into the camp site on the opposite side of the road, it has showers and toilets, but he said 'no, not here' and then directed me to the hotel car park on the other side of the main road. All the while his movements had continued in an unsettled way and I am wondering onset of Parkinson's? Motor Neurone Disease? So we shake hands and he goes off, presumably to where he is camping wild, in the mountains, in early March. Perhaps I should have carried on home and given him a bed for the night.

Coming back to the hitchhiker on the £20 note - is he on the back of the spider crawling down from Robert the Bruce?

Nope sorry.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 09:43 - Mar 31 with 1951 viewsLeBlue

Is it the little fella on the deck of the boat? Starboard side, as I think the boat is heading towards us?
Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 11:09 - Mar 31 with 1889 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 08:34 - Mar 31 by WeWereZombies

Robert the Bruce? are you looking at a scottish note?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 12:56 - Mar 31 with 1803 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 11:09 - Mar 31 by GeoffSentence

Robert the Bruce? are you looking at a scottish note?

That's a £20 note where I am, if the cashpoint has given you Clydesdale Bank ones that is.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:00 - Mar 31 with 1793 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 09:43 - Mar 31 by LeBlue

Is it the little fella on the deck of the boat? Starboard side, as I think the boat is heading towards us?

Nope :-)

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:01 - Mar 31 with 1790 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 12:56 - Mar 31 by WeWereZombies

That's a £20 note where I am, if the cashpoint has given you Clydesdale Bank ones that is.

Yeah, the hitchhiker is defo on the new English one. Not seen a Scottish one so may/may not also be on them. Fiik to be honest.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 1778 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 12:56 - Mar 31 by WeWereZombies

Have you had new notes issued up there as well? 'Cos if you have BL needs to be more specific about which new £20 note he means.

Though,if I were a betting man, I would put £20 on it being the Bank Of England issued note.

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 with 1778 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks a bit like a stickman character on the starboard side of HMS Temeraire? Arms out, one leg up, facing towards the ship looking downwards.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:09]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:10 - Mar 31 with 1761 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

Looks a bit like a stickman character on the starboard side of HMS Temeraire? Arms out, one leg up, facing towards the ship looking downwards.

I can only see a man with a top hat on HMS Temeraire, but just to be clear, are you looking at a Welsh note?

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:15 - Mar 31 with 1752 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 by GeoffSentence

Have you had new notes issued up there as well? 'Cos if you have BL needs to be more specific about which new £20 note he means.

Though,if I were a betting man, I would put £20 on it being the Bank Of England issued note.

I think have had one of the Bank of Scotland £20s issued for the first time last month and featuring the Queensferry crossing but went and spent it. You can have a gander at them here:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2019/11/bank-of-scotland-unveils-new-p20-

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:26 - Mar 31 with 1738 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 by Swansea_Blue

Nope

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:27 - Mar 31 with 1735 viewsbluelagos

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:06 - Mar 31 by GeoffSentence

Yep. English £20

Anyone got a new £20 note handy? on 13:29 - Mar 31 with 1728 viewsbluelagos

If no one gets it, I will put you all out of your misery tomorrow morning. You can thank me then.

Happy to up the finders fee to £30 :-)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024