Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember when we bailed out the Banks? 08:28 - Mar 26 with 1193 viewshomer_123

I see they are doing their bit to help us:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52043896

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:34 - Mar 26 with 1144 viewsDarth_Koont

Banks gonna bank.

Hopefully others will follow RBS's lead now that this is out in the open.

Pronouns: He/Him

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:42 - Mar 26 with 1125 viewsITFC_Forever

You sound surprised....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:45 - Mar 26 with 1119 viewshomer_123

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:42 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

You sound surprised....

You heard sarcasm in my typing.

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:50 - Mar 26 with 1086 viewsRadlett_blue

The banks were not saved during the financial crisis for the benefit of pin striped bankers. They were saved so that they didn't become insolvent and millions of ordinary people didn't lose their savings and to stop the entire financial system from collapse, which would have had unthinkably bad consequences for almost everyone.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:51 - Mar 26 with 1078 viewsHerbivore

Banks are one of the major sources of evil in the world.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:52 - Mar 26 with 1073 viewsGuthrum

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:50 - Mar 26 by Radlett_blue

The banks were not saved during the financial crisis for the benefit of pin striped bankers. They were saved so that they didn't become insolvent and millions of ordinary people didn't lose their savings and to stop the entire financial system from collapse, which would have had unthinkably bad consequences for almost everyone.

Indeed. Altho they did then proceed to hoover up as much of the money for themselves as possible.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:53 - Mar 26 with 1069 viewshomer_123

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 08:50 - Mar 26 by Radlett_blue

Entirely true Radders - but, given that, their world has hardly changed at all. Whereas others saw years and years of austerity.

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:21 - Mar 26 with 1008 viewsLord_Lucan

The banks are going to be a big sticking point. They are worried that firms will apply for a low interest rate Covid loan and use this money to pay off existing higher rate loans.

Another example of this impossible situation.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:24 - Mar 26 with 998 viewsSwansea_Blue

What a bunch of bankers

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:41 - Mar 26 with 956 viewsStokieBlue

It's rubbish but I thought the government were underwriting 100% of these loans? Why are they only covering 80%.

Not defending the banks, they shouldn't be asking for security but I wonder what the reaction would be on here in 1-2 years time if the banks had to ask for government money because lots of businesses defaulted on the loans and the 20% which has no security was lost. Does anyone know the total of the loans the government are willing to underwrite?

Essentially as it stands the government are asking the banks to take on a whole load of unexpected risk, without the option to say no and outside of the capital restraints imposed on them.

That is the actualities of the situation. However they still shouldn't be asking for security from businesses who are already facing very difficult times and hopefully they will all follow the example of RBS is this case.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:46 - Mar 26 with 927 viewsLord_Lucan

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:41 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

It's rubbish but I thought the government were underwriting 100% of these loans? Why are they only covering 80%.

Not defending the banks, they shouldn't be asking for security but I wonder what the reaction would be on here in 1-2 years time if the banks had to ask for government money because lots of businesses defaulted on the loans and the 20% which has no security was lost. Does anyone know the total of the loans the government are willing to underwrite?

Essentially as it stands the government are asking the banks to take on a whole load of unexpected risk, without the option to say no and outside of the capital restraints imposed on them.

That is the actualities of the situation. However they still shouldn't be asking for security from businesses who are already facing very difficult times and hopefully they will all follow the example of RBS is this case.

SB

Pretty sure they said from the get go that they were underwriting 80%

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:51 - Mar 26 with 898 viewsStokieBlue

Remember when we bailed out the Banks? on 09:46 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Pretty sure they said from the get go that they were underwriting 80%

Fair enough. I though it was 80% of salaries but 100% of business loans. Thanks for clarifying.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024