Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... 08:41 - Mar 26 with 1013 viewsITFC_Forever

...Was supposed to be going to Edinburgh for the weekend.

1st class train tickets - put on hold, hotel cancelled.

Heopfully we will go in the autumn instead.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 08:56 - Mar 26 with 959 viewshoppy

Which room are you going to head to for the next day and a half then, just to vary it a bit?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 08:57 - Mar 26 with 958 viewsBluefish

I've got the 3 days leading up to Easter off to go to Wales in a lodge. Sykes Cottages are currently coming under fire for not offering refunds, they are just saying rebook at twice the price. I work from home anyway but it feels wrong to ask for the 3 days leave to be cancelled because there is glimg to be a massive holiday backup later in the year

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:01 - Mar 26 with 941 viewsGeoffSentence

I did a similar trip last year, first class on the train and all, thoroughly enjoyed it. Going by train and in first class really helped make the weekend too. A really comfortable, relaxing way to travel.

On the bright side, at least you have something to look forward to.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:24 - Mar 26 with 899 viewsITFC_Forever

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 08:57 - Mar 26 by Bluefish

I've got the 3 days leading up to Easter off to go to Wales in a lodge. Sykes Cottages are currently coming under fire for not offering refunds, they are just saying rebook at twice the price. I work from home anyway but it feels wrong to ask for the 3 days leave to be cancelled because there is glimg to be a massive holiday backup later in the year

Our holiday year runs to the end of March and these were the last 1.5 days I had this year, and I was asked to take it anyway to try and prevent a massive build-up of untaken holiday in the office.... especially as there is a holiday ban (other than the odd day or two) from 1st September to Christmas at our place as the autumn is so busy.

To be fair, the last couple of months have been absolutely manic anyway, so a day and a half off doing nothing (until the wife sends me in to the garden to tidy up) sounds good.

A weekend city break can be re-booked, but I'm more worried about our Cornwall week for May half-term and then (less so - at the moment), our 10 days in Rhodes in August.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:33 - Mar 26 with 880 viewsnoggin

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:24 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

Our holiday year runs to the end of March and these were the last 1.5 days I had this year, and I was asked to take it anyway to try and prevent a massive build-up of untaken holiday in the office.... especially as there is a holiday ban (other than the odd day or two) from 1st September to Christmas at our place as the autumn is so busy.

To be fair, the last couple of months have been absolutely manic anyway, so a day and a half off doing nothing (until the wife sends me in to the garden to tidy up) sounds good.

A weekend city break can be re-booked, but I'm more worried about our Cornwall week for May half-term and then (less so - at the moment), our 10 days in Rhodes in August.

I'm booked for 2 weeks in Crete at the beginning of August. I'm not expecting to be able to travel.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:36 - Mar 26 with 867 viewsGeoffSentence

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:33 - Mar 26 by noggin

I'm booked for 2 weeks in Crete at the beginning of August. I'm not expecting to be able to travel.

My flights to Croatia at the beginning of September have already been cancelled.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:39 - Mar 26 with 850 viewshoppy

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:24 - Mar 26 by ITFC_Forever

We’d got a lodge holiday short break booked in Easter holidays that we’ll hopefully now rearrange later in the year... and got flights and accommodation booked in Turkey at end of August for 2 weeks... no idea if we’ll be able to do that yet.

Enjoy the down time today and tomorrow then!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:40 - Mar 26 with 849 viewsnoggin

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:36 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

My flights to Croatia at the beginning of September have already been cancelled.

I was supposed to travel to Majorca in May but received a mail from the hotel yesterday saying they're not opening now until June.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Login to get fewer ads

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:47 - Mar 26 with 830 viewsBluefish

Got a half day off today and a day off tomorrow... on 09:36 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

This is scaring me. I have 2 weeks in Crete end of August and paid for the villa privately. I don't see how they can cancel flights that far ahead to cash in on them.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024