Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? 09:58 - Mar 26 with 3551 viewsBrixtonBlue

Must be hard if a family of 4 for example are having pie and mash for dinner... but you can only buy two pies.

I came a cropper myself - wanted to get some energy drinks (I drink the natural energy one Tenzing rather than the chemical filled Red Bull or the crappy Tesco one). Thing is, Tenzing only comes individually. So while I could only buy two of them, I could get 12 cans of the crappy Tesco one. Bit annoying.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 1142 viewstextbackup

we@ve pretty much told the kids we cant get the exact things they want every week because other people need it.

they understand the situation.

I hope after all this people aren't so materialistic and thick

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 13:02 - Mar 26 with 1118 viewsr2d2

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:28 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

When I've shopped they haven't been that strict anhywhere - got 4 bottles of squash yesterday as the normal big double concentrate ones were out and the little single concentrate ones last 5 minutes and wasn't questioned or queried

We just did a shop at Tesco. They are allowing 3 of each item here. The guy at the next till tried to buy 8 boxes of Pukka Pies. He had to leave 5 packs. I think thats fair.
How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 13:12 - Mar 26 with 1101 viewsWD19

It’s a bit annoying, but it is what it is and for very good reason.

Although inconsistent in that if you have two piles of shopping and are buying for an elderly relative then you are allowed x4 of everything across the two piles. I didn’t game it, but it did seem an obvious loophole.
How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 13:50 - Mar 26 with 1078 viewsjeera

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 13:12 - Mar 26 by WD19

It’s a bit annoying, but it is what it is and for very good reason.

Although inconsistent in that if you have two piles of shopping and are buying for an elderly relative then you are allowed x4 of everything across the two piles. I didn’t game it, but it did seem an obvious loophole.

I saw a chap walk into Tesco the other day, walk out with an armful of kitchen rolls then go back for more.

They were clean out of loo rolls (again) and had only some fancy small boxes of tissues left which are 2 for £3.50. That could soon become an expensive cold or other use of the bathroom.

Poundland were a revelation in as much as they even had a few small bottles of Dettol and some cheap kitchen rolls.

The local Co-op has had actual toilet rolls in this week, so maybe stocks will gradually replenish.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:14 - Mar 26 with 1054 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:40 - Mar 26 by sparks

I am trying very hard not to make regular shopping trips.

Shops seem to me to be the perfect place for transmission. People push past, people lurk together at the end of aisles, everything on the shelf has been handled by others as well as checkouts, baskets etc etc.

Its stuff like milk and bread which is problematic- and i am acutely conscious that this lockdown could well get more lockdowny before it eases.

Yeah agreed. I wear sunglasses and a scarf round my mouth and nose when entering supermarkets, then do the proper hand wash thing when I get home before I touch anything.

This must be hell for OCD sufferers.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:16 - Mar 26 with 1050 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 10:59 - Mar 26 by BlueBadger

The last thing anyone needs right now Dollers, is energy drinks to fill you full of bounce, sugar, chemicals, paranoia and sleep deprivation.

Did you miss the bit where I said made from natural - no sugar, no chemicals. etc? Do you drink coffee? I rarely do, so this is what I have instead and it's probably healthier.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:18 - Mar 26 with 1044 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 11:19 - Mar 26 by SWGF

Don't buy individual pies. Buy two bigger ones then you can feed the family of four for much longer.

There, solved it.

You're assuming there are bigger pies on the shelf. Also, pies was just an example.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:24 - Mar 26 with 1030 viewsbluelagos

Must be very hard. I did chat with a guy who explained he has 4 kids and does £150 a quid a week at Tesco. Was clearly going to be hard for him.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:30 - Mar 26 with 1016 viewsgiant_stow

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:24 - Mar 26 by bluelagos

Must be very hard. I did chat with a guy who explained he has 4 kids and does £150 a quid a week at Tesco. Was clearly going to be hard for him.

I did a shop on Mon with just the new bike to get everything home. Whatwith shortages and lmitied carrying capacity, it took 2 hours and I had to check about 7 shops before we got everything in.

No online delieveries and no car is a dodgy combo. Throw in OCD and it's a heady mix, but what can you do, but get on with it?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 14:31]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:50 - Mar 26 with 993 viewsJ2BLUE

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:16 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Did you miss the bit where I said made from natural - no sugar, no chemicals. etc? Do you drink coffee? I rarely do, so this is what I have instead and it's probably healthier.

Contains beet sugar.

Clearly much better than the more popular energy drinks though.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:30 - Mar 26 with 960 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 14:50 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Contains beet sugar.

Clearly much better than the more popular energy drinks though.

Yeah.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:33 - Mar 26 with 952 viewsBrixtonBlue

Who is this Pasley character and why do you keep down-arrowing me for asking questions?

For clarity, I'm not knocking these rules or saying we shouldn't abide by them. I'm just asking how people are coping with them, in this instance big families who need lots of stuff by necessity.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:34 - Mar 26 with 947 viewsLord_Lucan

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:33 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Who is this Pasley character and why do you keep down-arrowing me for asking questions?

For clarity, I'm not knocking these rules or saying we shouldn't abide by them. I'm just asking how people are coping with them, in this instance big families who need lots of stuff by necessity.

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember he is on of those vegan types.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 930 viewsBrixtonBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:34 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to remember he is on of those vegan types.

Oh. I guess pie and mash has milk in it. Maybe that's his beef (pun intended).

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 925 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:33 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Parsley? Maybe he’s worried you’ll encourage more people to buy him and eat him?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:38 - Mar 26 with 922 viewsjeera

And there's footers with a thymely down vote.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:40 - Mar 26 with 914 viewsjeera

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:37 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Parsley? Maybe he’s worried you’ll encourage more people to buy him and eat him?

You know some of these vegan types.

They like to think they're the star anise of the show.

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:41 - Mar 26 with 911 viewsNewcyBlue

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:40 - Mar 26 by jeera

You know some of these vegan types.

They like to think they're the star anise of the show.

Herb will be along next, probably to add a little something to the flavour.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:43 - Mar 26 with 898 viewsjeera

How are big families coping with the two items rule in supermarkets? on 15:41 - Mar 26 by NewcyBlue

Herb will be along next, probably to add a little something to the flavour.

I cassia that happening.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024