Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coronavirus, Sweden.. 10:05 - Mar 26 with 1548 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

...Will be interesting to see how it works out for them.
https://inews.co.uk/news/sweden-coronavirus-no-lockdown-covid-19-measures-cases-
https://www.thelocal.se/20200325/how-long-will-it-take-for-the-coronavirus-to-re

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 10:58 - Mar 26 with 1463 viewsvilanovablue

I have a cousin who lives and works in Sweden and thinks that this is a time bomb waiting to go off. Frankly I'm quite worried for him.
Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 11:03 - Mar 26 with 1448 viewsSwansea_Blue

I quite glad that we abandoned our attempt at this approach and are letting someone else be the guinea pig. I really hope it works out for them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 11:57 - Mar 26 with 1366 viewsDarth_Koont

I think the issue is that a slow spread works in a country where many people live alone or in smaller family units, there's an awful lot of open space, Swedes aren't the most physical and gregarious at the best of times, and there's a very good protective/preventive healthcare system already in place.
Other health factors include a low proportion of smokers and well above average underlying health that means the most severe cases are less likely to appear too.

It might not work so well for Stockholm but that's also true for London and the UK's measures too. In any case social distancing is still relatively easy even in Stockholm and you can walk around the city very comfortably.

It can also be argued that they're saving the lockdown for if and when it's really needed. Just thinking that you can prevent the majority of the population coming into contact with the virus for a year or more is more than a bit wishful.

Pronouns: He/Him

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 14:33 - Mar 26 with 1228 viewsSacrebleu

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 11:57 - Mar 26 by Darth_Koont

I think the issue is that a slow spread works in a country where many people live alone or in smaller family units, there's an awful lot of open space, Swedes aren't the most physical and gregarious at the best of times, and there's a very good protective/preventive healthcare system already in place.
Other health factors include a low proportion of smokers and well above average underlying health that means the most severe cases are less likely to appear too.

It might not work so well for Stockholm but that's also true for London and the UK's measures too. In any case social distancing is still relatively easy even in Stockholm and you can walk around the city very comfortably.

It can also be argued that they're saving the lockdown for if and when it's really needed. Just thinking that you can prevent the majority of the population coming into contact with the virus for a year or more is more than a bit wishful.

The price of a pint in Sweden probably helps.

Wonder if the Swedish PM is getting a hot ear from Macron.
Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 15:13 - Mar 26 with 1162 viewsGeoffSentence

But lockdown is great.

Peace and quiet in the countryside, Venice's canals running clear, lower air pollution, CO2 levels in China plummeting.

We should do it every year.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 15:23 - Mar 26 with 1139 viewsMoriarty

Atlanta v Valencia. 40,000 Atlanta fans. 2,500 Valencia. The Mayor of Lombardy calls it “the bomb”. And Positive cases begin in Valencia shortly after.

There’s a reason crowds are a bad idea.

I hope it doesn’t happen but Sweden’s approach could be regretted in weeks to come.

fka omuircheartaigh

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 16:25 - Mar 26 with 1047 viewsSharkey

Coronavirus, Sweden.. on 11:57 - Mar 26 by Darth_Koont

I live and work in Malmö, and I think you're right in your assessment.I think a stiffer lock-down may well come at some point, but for now the approach seems measured to me. As you point out, it is relatively easy to isolate old people here - they're sadly isolated at the best of times.

The chief immunologist here makes it plain that we won't know which strategy was the best until after the second wave hits in the autumn.

The approach here has been almost entirely un-jingoistic, which has been in stark contrast to the Danes'.

And although gatherings of up to 500 people may be allowed in principle, there is nothing at all of that scale going on. Malmö Symphony orchestra are playing tonight at 7, (but to an empty hall and for streaming only. (Highly recommended if you like the trumoet, by the way! 6 pm UK time)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024