Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will football learn from this? 11:27 - Mar 26 with 627 viewsChrisd

I appreciate the present situation is a unique one, but with many clubs struggling financially will football as a whole reassess the financial side of the game? Something needs to be done because the money is just ridiculous especially at the top end, but it has a knock-on effect lower down the leagues. I just wonder if club owners are now considering that they need to manage finances differently in going forwards?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Will football learn from this? on 11:34 - Mar 26 with 593 viewsSwansea_Blue

I suspect not. Leeds have just announced a wage deferral. A nice touch for sure, but it sounds like they've every intention of seeing that money again. Which I suppose is fair enough as they are contracted, but gives the impression they expect to get back to business as usual of overspending (not aimed at Leeds per se, just the general state of finances in the Championship).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Will football learn from this? on 11:47 - Mar 26 with 571 viewshomer_123

Hopefully, that it's a sport and not a business and the world can easily cope without it.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Will football learn from this? on 12:21 - Mar 26 with 553 viewsDarth_Koont

I think there'll be a certain re-calibration of values across many walks of life. Difficult to say if football will be valued even more as an escape or will drop further down the list.

I guess we'll see the level the crowds and the Sky Sports subscriptions return to. The unpleasant grind of ITFC's position and immediate future doesn't bode well for us - we need escapism from that!

Pronouns: He/Him

Will football learn from this? on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 512 viewsHerbivore

Not just football to be fair. This crisis has exposed that the global economy is built on sand.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024