Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patient Zero in UK 12:16 - Mar 26 with 3577 viewsStokieBlue

Do people think it's a particularly good idea for the Telegraph to be splashing photos and interviews with people who *might* be patient zero in the UK?

It's probably impossible to actually say who was patient zero but this just seems like a bad idea (the same article could have been written with names hidden) given the behaviour and general attitudes of some of our fellow population.

SB

Avatar - IC484 - Horsehead and Flame Nebulae

Patient Zero in UK on 12:18 - Mar 26 with 3539 viewshampstead_blue

Poor journalism.

What's the point. Are they trying to get someone lynched?
If they could prove it I would be staggered.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Patient Zero in UK on 12:21 - Mar 26 with 3519 viewsLord_Lucan

Well I came back on 13th Jan and was as ill as feck so I'm claiming it!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Patient Zero in UK on 12:52 - Mar 26 with 3425 viewsBasuco

A mate I spoke to yesterday came back from China in November, not sure what date and was very ill, he passed it on to the painter and decorator working at his house very quickly, he was also very ill and off work for 2 - 3 weeks. No test and no confirmation what he had but was the symptoms of Covid 19 and was highly contagious.
Patient Zero in UK on 12:55 - Mar 26 with 3407 viewshomer_123

Patient Zero in UK on 12:52 - Mar 26 by Basuco

A mate I spoke to yesterday came back from China in November, not sure what date and was very ill, he passed it on to the painter and decorator working at his house very quickly, he was also very ill and off work for 2 - 3 weeks. No test and no confirmation what he had but was the symptoms of Covid 19 and was highly contagious.

Pretty sure this is why I wouldn't be surprised is over half the population have had it already.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Patient Zero in UK on 13:02 - Mar 26 with 3369 viewsBasuco

Patient Zero in UK on 12:55 - Mar 26 by homer_123

Pretty sure this is why I wouldn't be surprised is over half the population have had it already.

Agree, one of my bosses came back from a photography trip to India in mid to late Jan and 12 out of a group of 25 people were ill with CV symptoms, one of the group died, the group have now been tested to see if they have had Covid 19 and he is awaiting the results. He was off work for 3 weeks and was very ill but luckily did not pass it on to his wife who did not go, who also has underlying health conditions that would put her at risk.
Patient Zero in UK on 13:04 - Mar 26 with 3362 viewsHerbivore

The Telegraph needs to burn to the ground. It's a poisonous rag that's basically a posh Daily Mail.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Patient Zero in UK on 13:16 - Mar 26 with 3329 viewsStokieBlue

Patient Zero in UK on 12:52 - Mar 26 by Basuco

That would basically be about the same time as the first confirmed case so it's possible but unless he was in Wuhan it's not that likely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-no

SB

Patient Zero in UK on 13:17 - Mar 26 with 3317 viewsNo9

Unfortunately since the Barclay Bros got the telegraph it is no better than the lowest tabloid
Login to get fewer ads

Patient Zero in UK on 13:21 - Mar 26 with 3297 viewsBlueBadger

Deeply irresponsible from the Daily Boris.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:23 - Mar 26 with 3284 viewswerringtonblue

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:40 - Mar 26 with 3225 viewsLord_Lucan

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:23 - Mar 26 by werringtonblue

It'a a bit like Watergate, everything else is now ........gate

Ground Zero, Patient Zero etc

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:43 - Mar 26 with 3206 viewsStokieBlue

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:40 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

It'a a bit like Watergate, everything else is now ........gate

Ground Zero, Patient Zero etc

Patient Zero is the colloquially used term for the "Index Case" which is the term used by medical science to label the first case of a disease.

Far too many "gates" now as you say.

SB

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:46 - Mar 26 with 3190 viewsLord_Lucan

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:43 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

Patient Zero is the colloquially used term for the "Index Case" which is the term used by medical science to label the first case of a disease.

SB

Oh really? I stand corrected, thanks.

This is my Zerogate.

Patient Zero in UK on 13:57 - Mar 26 with 3157 viewsBasuco

Patient Zero in UK on 13:16 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

That would basically be about the same time as the first confirmed case so it's possible but unless he was in Wuhan it's not that likely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/first-covid-19-case-happened-in-no

SB

I know he went to Shanghai and Beijing, and the Forbidden City was packed with people, but not Wuhan.
Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 14:11 - Mar 26 with 3116 viewsPhilTWTD

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:46 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Oh really? I stand corrected, thanks.

This is my Zerogate.

The use of the term actually started as a misintepretation of an O.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/patient_zero
Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 14:27 - Mar 26 with 3081 viewsGeoffSentence

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:23 - Mar 26 by werringtonblue

indexes in datasets typically start with 0, at least in the IT world, so patient 0 would be valid. It should probably be something like patient[0]="Joe Bloggs"

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 14:38 - Mar 26 with 3036 viewsKeno

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 13:43 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

SB

But what if Patient Zero was called day Mr John Gates

Would he be ZeroGate or GateZero

I hope one of the journo's asks Boris this later

WE NEED TO KNOW!!!

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Patient Zero in UK on 14:41 - Mar 26 with 3031 viewsKeno

Patient Zero in UK on 12:21 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Well I came back on 13th Jan and was as ill as feck so I'm claiming it!

**ahem**

I came back from a holiday in Gozo in September with a flu bug that is very similar to Covid 19

Patient Zero in UK on 15:01 - Mar 26 with 2935 viewsLord_Lucan

Patient Zero in UK on 14:41 - Mar 26 by Keno

**ahem**

I came back from a holiday in Gozo in September with a flu bug that is very similar to Covid 19

You had a cold Keno, get over it.

You are not having my zero!

Patient Zero in UK on 15:12 - Mar 26 with 2899 viewsKeno

Patient Zero in UK on 15:01 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

You had a cold Keno, get over it.

You are not having my zero!

Its was Flu I tell you!!

even worse than manful.

I guess you have been stuffed getting exports out of china lately?

Patient Zero in UK on 15:26 - Mar 26 with 2865 viewsLord_Lucan

Patient Zero in UK on 15:12 - Mar 26 by Keno

Its was Flu I tell you!!

even worse than manful.

I guess you have been stuffed getting exports out of china lately?

There was a bloody great explosion in December so all the factories were ordered to shut until CNY and then of course they had the virus shutdown. It hasn't really affected us as we never ship until around July or August and they are back to normal now.

The only issue is that they are worried Europe is going to go bust and they asked me for 30% deposit yesterday which they never usually do with me.

We are having bigger problems getting stuff out of German warehouses as the company we deal with there is Italian owned and they are not functioning.

It's out of my hands so I can't really get myself into a tiz, no one is buying anything anyway.

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 16:20 - Mar 26 with 2793 viewsbluelagos

Shouldn't it be patient 1 technically? n/t on 14:27 - Mar 26 by GeoffSentence

indexes in datasets typically start with 0, at least in the IT world, so patient 0 would be valid. It should probably be something like patient[0]="Joe Bloggs"

You know the tosser who is last on a plane holding everyone's holiday up cos he is too stupid to get to a gate on time?

Well I was that tosser once. Got to Joberg airport in loads of time and my boarding pass had Gate 0 printed. I was so early I assumed it was like a blank, never heard of a Gate 0 so patiently awaited an updated Gate number to be called.

Waited forever then went to the info desk only to be told there really is a Gate 0, and that is was 15 mins. Pegged it, made it just but had to do the walk of shame through a tutting plane.

Fck I must be bored bothering to type that out.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024