Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season 15:23 - Mar 26 with 2679 viewsportmanking

This sets a very nasty precedent I fear....

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:37 - Mar 26 with 2272 viewsitfcjoe

Apparently steps 1 and 2 will do, the women’s game has just done the same

Seems strange when EPL and EFL are saying they will finish the season come what may. Where will the gap be between no relegation and no promotion?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:41 - Mar 26 with 2240 viewsuefacup81

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:37 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

Seems strange when EPL and EFL are saying they will finish the season come what may. Where will the gap be between no relegation and no promotion?

Did I just hear the collective squeak of millions of Liverpool-supporting sphincters starting to clench?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:43 - Mar 26 with 2219 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:41 - Mar 26 by uefacup81

Did I just hear the collective squeak of millions of Liverpool-supporting sphincters starting to clench?

No that would have been a 'everyone hates us' groan. The squeak was Leeds fans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:49 - Mar 26 with 2186 viewsuefacup81

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:43 - Mar 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

No that would have been a 'everyone hates us' groan. The squeak was Leeds fans.

A very small, very evil part of me is sort of hoping everything from the EPL down gets expunged (especially as it would give us another chance at going straight back up). But the realist within me knows the small pleasure of seeing Liverpool miss out again would be outweighed by the literal centuries of whinging about it.

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:50 - Mar 26 with 2178 viewsportmanking

Why is it strange? It all reeks of $$$.

Right now, I frankly couldn't care less if the football industry ground to a halt and we had to start from complete scratch.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:52 - Mar 26 with 2159 viewsuefacup81

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:50 - Mar 26 by portmanking

Why is it strange? It all reeks of $$$.

Right now, I frankly couldn't care less if the football industry ground to a halt and we had to start from complete scratch.

Repopulate the leagues based on number of League Championships? European Trophies? England Managers? Or perhaps away wins against Bayern München...

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:52 - Mar 26 with 2160 viewsLord_Lucan

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:41 - Mar 26 by uefacup81

In a way they would love it, they would make their own trophy and call it the Covictim Cup

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:53 - Mar 26 with 2153 viewsbefxblue

If this filters up the leagues, does this mean Fleetwood at home will be erased from my memory?
Login to get fewer ads

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:58 - Mar 26 with 2123 viewsSomethingBlue

Obviously all bets are off atm but here's an increasing sense among many people this week that the whole season is going to go in the bin.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:04 - Mar 26 with 2083 viewsportmanking

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:58 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

Obviously all bets are off atm but here's an increasing sense among many people this week that the whole season is going to go in the bin.

SURELY that has to be a worse decision than ending the season now and granting promotion/relegation on a PPG basis?

Teams up and down the land have committed to 3/4 of the season already. If it was October I could totally understand, but we're almost at Easter FFS.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 2041 viewshomer_123

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:04 - Mar 26 by portmanking

SURELY that has to be a worse decision than ending the season now and granting promotion/relegation on a PPG basis?

Teams up and down the land have committed to 3/4 of the season already. If it was October I could totally understand, but we're almost at Easter FFS.

I'll be honest here and I'm probably in the minority. I couldn't give a rats arse what they do to be honest.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 2046 viewsitfcjoe

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 15:58 - Mar 26 by SomethingBlue

For me that is the worst of all possible outcomes.

Just seems so needless to throw away 3/4s of a season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 with 2047 viewsPinewoodblue

F A rules say season ends on 1st June, don’t think it mentions games not being played. If table in 1st June is as it is today thrones promotion and relegation as per final league position. No play offs so one less promotion and relegation all round.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:18 - Mar 26 with 2007 viewsportmanking

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

I just don't get it whatsoever.

Expunging the results doesn't rewind time back to August 2019, does it?

Evans can't just expunge the wages he's spent in the last 8 months. It's all an absolute shambles.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 1965 viewsSomethingBlue

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

Yep. I think CAS are going to be very busy indeed later this year. It won't quicken anything up, put it that way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:37 - Mar 26 with 1946 viewsPhilTWTD

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 by Pinewoodblue

F A rules say season ends on 1st June, don’t think it mentions games not being played. If table in 1st June is as it is today thrones promotion and relegation as per final league position. No play offs so one less promotion and relegation all round.

They have overridden that rule so the season can go on longer in order that it is completed, although UEFA say the season must be done and dusted by June 30th.

EFL Issue Update Following Meeting 18th Mar 2020 18:22
The EFL board met via conference call earlier today and has issued an update on a number of issues relating to the coronavirus pandemic, its continuing intention to finish the 2019/20 campaign, financial relief for clubs and contingency planning going forward during the crisis. 5

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:47 - Mar 26 with 1905 viewsfactual_blue

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:37 - Mar 26 by PhilTWTD

They have overridden that rule so the season can go on longer in order that it is completed, although UEFA say the season must be done and dusted by June 30th.

The EFL board met via conference call earlier today and has issued an update on a number of issues relating to the coronavirus pandemic, its continuing intention to finish the 2019/20 campaign, financial relief for clubs and contingency planning going forward during the crisis. 5

Fortunately public gatherings are banned, as otherwise there'd be a good chance of an open-topped bus parade in norwich.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:49 - Mar 26 with 1894 viewsPJH

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:47 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

Fortunately public gatherings are banned, as otherwise there'd be a good chance of an open-topped bus parade in norwich.

Their relegation is the only thing that I have to look forward to in the 2019/20 season so please, please,please,please do not scrap the season.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:52 - Mar 26 with 1890 viewsfactual_blue

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:49 - Mar 26 by PJH

Their relegation is the only thing that I have to look forward to in the 2019/20 season so please, please,please,please do not scrap the season.

I'm divided over this. I don't want norwich to be saved, but I do want to see an explosion of scouse fury.

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:55 - Mar 26 with 1880 viewstractorboy1978

I cannot see this season being completed. I was just reading that they are already looking to push back the re-commencement date again (from 30 April). There is no way they are going to realistically be able to get all games done and dusted before the end of June. Fairly soon there is going to have to be some consensus across Europe on what is going to happen as the leagues need to stay vaguely on the same timeline.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 17:02 - Mar 26 with 1835 viewsfactual_blue

Presumably the Peterborough chairman has the final say though.

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 17:02 - Mar 26 with 1838 viewsBasuco

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:10 - Mar 26 by homer_123

I'll be honest here and I'm probably in the minority. I couldn't give a rats arse what they do to be honest.

I agree with you! If the UK is running at 500, 600 or even 1000 CV death's per day football will not be important.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 17:07 - Mar 26 with 1812 viewsPhilTWTD

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:55 - Mar 26 by tractorboy1978

I cannot see this season being completed. I was just reading that they are already looking to push back the re-commencement date again (from 30 April). There is no way they are going to realistically be able to get all games done and dusted before the end of June. Fairly soon there is going to have to be some consensus across Europe on what is going to happen as the leagues need to stay vaguely on the same timeline.

I gather there'll be an announcement that the date will be extended again soon, so the period in which the season can be completed is getting squeezed into a smaller and smaller gap, particularly with players needing a mini-pre-season before they can get back going again.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 17:26 - Mar 26 with 1762 viewsfabian_illness

Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 16:47 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

That would be doable for NCFC though as technically they’re all related and could just nip out for their one form of exercise with family and watch the bus go by.
Good lord... Steps 3-6 expunge season on 17:26 - Mar 26 with 1762 viewsITFC_Forever

From an ITFC point of view, it doesn’t really matter as our season was already over.

But from a wider point of view, I can’t see the Prem, FL and Conference being written off. There authorities would be too scared of all the legal cases coming their way from the clubs affected at the top of the various divisions.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024