Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? 18:32 - Mar 26 with 8846 viewsmonytowbray

No help til June. Ridiculous. I’m incredibly lucky I’m still working but I have friends in music who are going to be unable to eat.

We’re doing our bit for community spirit, I suggest the Tories join the real world and do the same.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:48 - Mar 26 with 2333 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:43 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

I don't think anyone thinks that do they?

You have to appreciate that we are all in a pickle, not just you.

I’m not in any pickle. As I said in the OP.

But June is three months away for some people who literally just lost their income overnight.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:52 - Mar 26 with 2322 viewsStokieBlue

Out of interest, do you have any information on what other countries are doing for the self employed?

US are obviously just giving a relatively small flat sum to everyone but the only other mention I see is Italy deferring tax and giving them 600 EUR. Germany seem to have a scheme where self employed have to apply for a one off loan of up to 15000 EUR which needs to be repaid.

I might be wrong on the above so am happy to be corrected if someone has the info but by comparison the UK packages are pretty good.

It's difficult of course given the lag but the reasons were explained, how would you get round the problems highlighted?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:54 - Mar 26 with 2315 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:48 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

I’m not in any pickle. As I said in the OP.

But June is three months away for some people who literally just lost their income overnight.

Then they should see what other avenues they can explore, Rishi covered this in his speech.

Many of us are going to get a big hit, at least your mates haven't got to worry about their many staff or banks closing in on their personally guaranteed loans and overdrafts.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:54 - Mar 26 with 2314 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:52 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

Out of interest, do you have any information on what other countries are doing for the self employed?

US are obviously just giving a relatively small flat sum to everyone but the only other mention I see is Italy deferring tax and giving them 600 EUR. Germany seem to have a scheme where self employed have to apply for a one off loan of up to 15000 EUR which needs to be repaid.

I might be wrong on the above so am happy to be corrected if someone has the info but by comparison the UK packages are pretty good.

It's difficult of course given the lag but the reasons were explained, how would you get round the problems highlighted?

SB

J2 had a pretty good solution.

What other countries do is not here or there really. As my Mum said, if other countries jumped off a cliff would you?”

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:55 - Mar 26 with 2306 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:54 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Then they should see what other avenues they can explore, Rishi covered this in his speech.

Many of us are going to get a big hit, at least your mates haven't got to worry about their many staff or banks closing in on their personally guaranteed loans and overdrafts.

True somewhat, but I think eating and not being made homeless in 3 months are also quite big concerns.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:56 - Mar 26 with 2303 viewsPecker

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:47 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

This whole “political point scoring” argument to get out of addressing flaws is becoming a joke too. We can thank resident Tory Boy Glassers for giving everyone that defence to latch on to.

Me: I have SE friends who can’t afford to pay their rent or eat and won’t be getting any help until June, this is bad.

You: POLITICAL POINT SCORING!

If that’s your only response then mine shall be as follows...

Sorry for giving a sh1t about people.

"time for the Tories to get with the real world"? Not the GOVERNMENT, Tories. That is point scoring. I answered your post. I think the GOVERNMENT is doing their best for the majority of the population. No matter what they do, there will always be those who moan and complain and wanting more. This is costing tens of billions of pounds.
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:58 - Mar 26 with 2297 viewsStokieBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:54 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

J2 had a pretty good solution.

What other countries do is not here or there really. As my Mum said, if other countries jumped off a cliff would you?”

Of course it matters, there is a finite number of things any government can actually do and all face the same problems. What others do gives a good marker.

Dismissing points and questions with flippant remarks isn't a valid way to go about things.

What is your solution? You're full of criticisms about nearly everything and yet rarely provide and realistic or viable solutions.

Here is your chance.

SB

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:58 - Mar 26 with 2294 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:56 - Mar 26 by Pecker

"time for the Tories to get with the real world"? Not the GOVERNMENT, Tories. That is point scoring. I answered your post. I think the GOVERNMENT is doing their best for the majority of the population. No matter what they do, there will always be those who moan and complain and wanting more. This is costing tens of billions of pounds.

Didn’t realise we had a coalition government right now.

Also...

You argue with your personal points, I’ll stick with the subject matter.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:59 - Mar 26 with 2286 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:58 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

Of course it matters, there is a finite number of things any government can actually do and all face the same problems. What others do gives a good marker.

Dismissing points and questions with flippant remarks isn't a valid way to go about things.

What is your solution? You're full of criticisms about nearly everything and yet rarely provide and realistic or viable solutions.

Here is your chance.

SB

Make the help available sooner. A universal income would solve a lot of this and reduce paperwork.

We can worry about the rest later. The phone lines to sign on are already overwhelmed.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:00 - Mar 26 with 2284 viewshomer_123

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:55 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

True somewhat, but I think eating and not being made homeless in 3 months are also quite big concerns.

And many employees may find themselves in the same situ callis.

It's a situation that no one asked for...no one can plan for. It's sh*t. Not just for employees or the self employed but for those ill or losing their lives.

There is no magic wand and by heck wish there was.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:02 - Mar 26 with 2273 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:00 - Mar 26 by homer_123

And many employees may find themselves in the same situ callis.

It's a situation that no one asked for...no one can plan for. It's sh*t. Not just for employees or the self employed but for those ill or losing their lives.

There is no magic wand and by heck wish there was.

There isn’t a magic wand solution but everyone was happy these measures were in place when they were made. If no one can access them until it’s too late and the damage is done it’s not really help at all.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:04 - Mar 26 with 2269 viewsPecker

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:58 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Didn’t realise we had a coalition government right now.

Also...

You argue with your personal points, I’ll stick with the subject matter.

I have answered your post. I do not have a solution for ever person in this country, but you seem to have one, just not willing to give it up for us to read. Come on, tell us what would be fair for everyone and how you would implement it. Or are you just one of those who will try and pull apart anything the "Tories" do.
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:06 - Mar 26 with 2258 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:04 - Mar 26 by Pecker

I have answered your post. I do not have a solution for ever person in this country, but you seem to have one, just not willing to give it up for us to read. Come on, tell us what would be fair for everyone and how you would implement it. Or are you just one of those who will try and pull apart anything the "Tories" do.

You swerved the point and tried to boil it down to “CERLERS JERST WERNTS TER BER MERN TER THER TERERS”, which is quite dull.

I’ve already said, universal income. It’s 2020, surely it could be arranged to get money and support fired over faster in the form of a universal income.

Some may abuse the system, we deal with that after.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:12 - Mar 26 with 2234 viewsStokieBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:06 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

You swerved the point and tried to boil it down to “CERLERS JERST WERNTS TER BER MERN TER THER TERERS”, which is quite dull.

I’ve already said, universal income. It’s 2020, surely it could be arranged to get money and support fired over faster in the form of a universal income.

Some may abuse the system, we deal with that after.

How much would this UBI be worth per month per person?

I am in favour of something like that but it's not simple to setup like you are implying and would be very expensive over any amount of time.

The main gripe is you have criticised virtually everything the government has done for weeks now without ever offering any solutions of substance without giving any leeway for the fact it's completely unprecedented times. You seem to think there should have been a plan in a folder somewhere they could have immediately implemented.

SB
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 20:19]

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:14 - Mar 26 with 2230 viewslegally_blue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:59 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Make the help available sooner. A universal income would solve a lot of this and reduce paperwork.

We can worry about the rest later. The phone lines to sign on are already overwhelmed.

Jesus! You think setting up a universal income for every single person in the UK would ‘reduce paperwork’?! What planet do you live on. You seem eager to criticise everything that is being done here. The government has announced what seems to be the biggest bailout of people the world has ever seen, but all you do is criticise. Truly baffling
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:14 - Mar 26 with 2228 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:02 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

There isn’t a magic wand solution but everyone was happy these measures were in place when they were made. If no one can access them until it’s too late and the damage is done it’s not really help at all.

What would you do or say if someone asked you to graphic design a 100 page brochure in one day?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:20 - Mar 26 with 2202 viewsLeoMuff

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:38 - Mar 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m no fan of the Conservatives but I happen to think they’ve done a cracking job at dealing with the fallout from the Coronavirus so far.

We will know a lot more on wether their decisions have been right in a month, if we are another Italy then no, they haven’t.

Concerned we have no where near enough staff, ventilators or PPE and yes that’s not totally Boris fault but the underfunding of the NHS for a decade plays a big part and that’s on the Tories

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:32 - Mar 26 with 2167 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:14 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

What would you do or say if someone asked you to graphic design a 100 page brochure in one day?

Wouldn't know as I'm not a graphic designer.

But if someone wanted a 100 page SEO audit in one day and was facing an emergency with traffic tanking, I'd certainly prioritise a way to tackle the immediate issues and ensure fixes can be put in place as soon as possible. And then I'd deliver the rest of it based on priority.

Of course there isn't just one immediate priority in this case, but at the same time there are things we can do now and worry about later.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:35 - Mar 26 with 2149 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:32 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Wouldn't know as I'm not a graphic designer.

But if someone wanted a 100 page SEO audit in one day and was facing an emergency with traffic tanking, I'd certainly prioritise a way to tackle the immediate issues and ensure fixes can be put in place as soon as possible. And then I'd deliver the rest of it based on priority.

Of course there isn't just one immediate priority in this case, but at the same time there are things we can do now and worry about later.

You're being flippant.

Maybe you should give Rishi a call.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:40 - Mar 26 with 2130 viewsPinewoodblue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:02 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Was speaking to a 30 something This afternoon part of a 4 man 60’s revivalist band. Full time occupation for last ten years. They have all got off their backsides and, as he put it, got real jobs. He is delivering groceries for Tesco as the mortgage has to be paid and food put on the table.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:42 - Mar 26 with 2125 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:35 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

You're being flippant.

Maybe you should give Rishi a call.

You asked me a question and I answered.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:43 - Mar 26 with 2116 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:40 - Mar 26 by Pinewoodblue

Was speaking to a 30 something This afternoon part of a 4 man 60’s revivalist band. Full time occupation for last ten years. They have all got off their backsides and, as he put it, got real jobs. He is delivering groceries for Tesco as the mortgage has to be paid and food put on the table.

All the freelancers I know who are also frantically running around looking for work too. There's 5m of them in the country, I doubt there's 5m jobs going at the minute though.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:47 - Mar 26 with 2104 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:47 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

This whole “political point scoring” argument to get out of addressing flaws is becoming a joke too. We can thank resident Tory Boy Glassers for giving everyone that defence to latch on to.

Me: I have SE friends who can’t afford to pay their rent or eat and won’t be getting any help until June, this is bad.

You: POLITICAL POINT SCORING!

If that’s your only response then mine shall be as follows...

Sorry for giving a sh1t about people.

It sometimes feels like many on here do not have the foggiest idea about how their fellow citizens get by in 'normal times.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:56 - Mar 26 with 2077 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:47 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

It sometimes feels like many on here do not have the foggiest idea about how their fellow citizens get by in 'normal times.

Yep. If this had of happened 6-10 years ago I’d have been screwed.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 20:56 - Mar 26 with 2082 viewsGlasgowBlue

Note the difference between your whinging political point scoring and the non partisan post from a senior opposition politician who is widely supportive but raises a genuine concern.

[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 21:10]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024