Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? 18:32 - Mar 26 with 8866 viewsmonytowbray

No help til June. Ridiculous. I’m incredibly lucky I’m still working but I have friends in music who are going to be unable to eat.

We’re doing our bit for community spirit, I suggest the Tories join the real world and do the same.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:24 - Mar 27 with 847 viewstextbackup

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:19 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

You’re not being punished for having life savings.

If you used your life savings so that more of your mates who don’t have savings could eat and have hot water, would that not be a good use of your savings?

You’re lucky to have savings compared to your mates. Now you think the government should protect your savings??

exactly this, i'm actually telling my wife (self employed hairdresser) to not apply for any of this money, she could get it, but thankfully we can still get by.
I want t leave every last bit of money in the pot for those who do need it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:24 - Mar 27 with 847 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:19 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

You’re not being punished for having life savings.

If you used your life savings so that more of your mates who don’t have savings could eat and have hot water, would that not be a good use of your savings?

You’re lucky to have savings compared to your mates. Now you think the government should protect your savings??

I didn't mean that about me directly, I've chucked a bit out to help mates already the last couple of weeks. If I have to lose my savings so be it, but it's a fair point IMO.

But it feels we're getting a very bum deal next to those on PAYE. Us SE folk don't get the perks of sick pay, paid holiday or other company benefits as it is.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 823 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:24 - Mar 27 by textbackup

exactly this, i'm actually telling my wife (self employed hairdresser) to not apply for any of this money, she could get it, but thankfully we can still get by.
I want t leave every last bit of money in the pot for those who do need it.

Tell wifey to get the money, you simply don't know what's going to happen and it will not affect the pot.

It may be a free handout by government but at some point you're going to get screwed.

Take it - put it in the kids piggy bank if you want.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:32 - Mar 27 with 817 viewsNewcyBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:24 - Mar 27 by monytowbray

I didn't mean that about me directly, I've chucked a bit out to help mates already the last couple of weeks. If I have to lose my savings so be it, but it's a fair point IMO.

But it feels we're getting a very bum deal next to those on PAYE. Us SE folk don't get the perks of sick pay, paid holiday or other company benefits as it is.

I’ve told the Mrs that if we have to go into our savings, then that’s fine. We will always make more money.

There will be people out there who don’t have savings who this will be life and death for.

People need to realise the government isn’t there to ensure people keep their nice little money pot. It’s a selfish attitude. We need to be taking care of the people who can’t take care of themselves.

As for the pros and cons of self employment, they don’t matter right now. What matters is that we make sure the people that need help get it. People that have savings to hand, don’t need help right now. They might down the line. But not right now.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:36 - Mar 27 with 806 viewstextbackup

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:22 - Mar 27 by monytowbray

When I say music, a lot of these people are roadies, drivers, booking agents, stage managers, techs, etc. I'm not just talking some tosser with a guitar having a jolly.

These people can't do their job if the entire live music circuit stops overnight. Many bands have overheads too and are now sat on stockpiles of tour merch.

It's a genuine issue and I find it quite embarrassing for some on here they would try and twist my genuine concern for people I am close to into a game of point scoring.

You are also correct on the music being difficult point. It's a labour of love for the most part. I know some people doing it who are hanging on by a thread, many of which have temp or part time jobs when not on the road or outside of festival season.

The stereotype that all self-employed folk are off having a jolly doing FA all day, overcharging and living on avocados makes me wonder how we got to the point of holding anyone doing a job to that level of dislike, and furthermore makes me wonder if the government feel the same. Which is ironic seeing as they apparently love the concept of entrepreneurism and hard graft. I worked my arse off to get where I am and continue to do so. Very rare I have a 5 day week.

sorry I thought you meant just the free spirit types that went to uni and wasted 3 years on a nothing degree, just sat around hoping to be the next oasis.

as I say I do genuinely feel for those that are in a mess, and id like to think i'm doing my bit to help them out in someway

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:37 - Mar 27 with 805 viewsjaykay

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:01 - Mar 27 by textbackup

don't these people save any money for a rainy day?
many of my mates are self employed, they earn very well, they don't always pay tax as cash in hand jobs, so id ask why theres no fallback plan for themselves, off their own backs.
the notion of using your own savings to survive on seems to have just been forgotten about but many, just looking to the government to help them out.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 10:17]

i agree with you about saving for a rainy day. the bit about brickies etc i thought we were led to believe that all the polish etc were bringing wages down etc. why we had to listen to a brickie from a village in n.e.essex with a pond that he had to give up bricklaying and go gardening , over this and loads of brexiteers were agreeing with him.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:37 - Mar 27 with 803 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:32 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

I’ve told the Mrs that if we have to go into our savings, then that’s fine. We will always make more money.

There will be people out there who don’t have savings who this will be life and death for.

People need to realise the government isn’t there to ensure people keep their nice little money pot. It’s a selfish attitude. We need to be taking care of the people who can’t take care of themselves.

As for the pros and cons of self employment, they don’t matter right now. What matters is that we make sure the people that need help get it. People that have savings to hand, don’t need help right now. They might down the line. But not right now.

Everything I’ve been accused of posting as PPS the last fortnight has been because I want everyone safe and as protected as possible.

Me, I’ll probably be fine so long as I don’t die. I’m not worried about myself (for now, that could change).

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:39 - Mar 27 with 798 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:37 - Mar 27 by jaykay

i agree with you about saving for a rainy day. the bit about brickies etc i thought we were led to believe that all the polish etc were bringing wages down etc. why we had to listen to a brickie from a village in n.e.essex with a pond that he had to give up bricklaying and go gardening , over this and loads of brexiteers were agreeing with him.

Do you keep notes on everything anyone has ever posted, including the date and time they did so?

You are TWTD’s very own nosey neighbour.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:41 - Mar 27 with 782 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:39 - Mar 27 by GlasgowBlue

Do you keep notes on everything anyone has ever posted, including the date and time they did so?

That’s a bit rich coming from you...

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:42 - Mar 27 with 779 viewstextbackup

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:30 - Mar 27 by Lord_Lucan

Tell wifey to get the money, you simply don't know what's going to happen and it will not affect the pot.

It may be a free handout by government but at some point you're going to get screwed.

Take it - put it in the kids piggy bank if you want.

its funny really, I've just paid back a load of money to HMRC for the child benefit payments (that I didn't even get, all went in her pocket, but as the higher earner I got the slap on wrist - which I went to them to come clean about!)
and now i'm trying to tell her to do the right thing and not put strain on the government lol

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:45 - Mar 27 with 769 viewsNewcyBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:37 - Mar 27 by monytowbray

Everything I’ve been accused of posting as PPS the last fortnight has been because I want everyone safe and as protected as possible.

Me, I’ll probably be fine so long as I don’t die. I’m not worried about myself (for now, that could change).

The thing with the accusations of you PPS, I would say it’s due to the frequency. Your posting style rubs people up the wrong way.

The content is hard to argue, although at one point I was concerned that you were working yourself up too much. Hence asking what consoles you had etc. You have seemed to have mellowed out. Which is good to see.

I still think that the government were following the best available science that they knew to be accurate. https://inews.co.uk/news/sweden-coronavirus-no-lockdown-covid-19-measures-cases-

Sweden are now the outlier with their approach.

As I said, when all it’s all over we can fully look back and evaluate what has happened. Until then, we need to take care of those who need it most.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:46 - Mar 27 with 765 viewsLankHenners

Bit rich coming from someone who often recalls posts from other members to use in an argument, often bragging about how good their memory is at the same time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:47 - Mar 27 with 757 viewsNewcyBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:42 - Mar 27 by textbackup

its funny really, I've just paid back a load of money to HMRC for the child benefit payments (that I didn't even get, all went in her pocket, but as the higher earner I got the slap on wrist - which I went to them to come clean about!)
and now i'm trying to tell her to do the right thing and not put strain on the government lol

I think you’re doing a superb thing mate. Massive respect for that approach.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 11:30 - Mar 27 with 710 viewstextbackup

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 10:37 - Mar 27 by jaykay

cant comment on entire country, but the 5 builders I had quotes for an extension for....

55000, 50000, 47000, 45000 and mate I went with on a day rate 200 a day cash, that worked out at 30000 (including materials)

all English blokes in Ipswich/Colchester area

so think they are making a few quid

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 11:34 - Mar 27 with 702 viewsNewcyBlue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 11:30 - Mar 27 by textbackup

cant comment on entire country, but the 5 builders I had quotes for an extension for....

55000, 50000, 47000, 45000 and mate I went with on a day rate 200 a day cash, that worked out at 30000 (including materials)

all English blokes in Ipswich/Colchester area

so think they are making a few quid

We are hoping to but the upstairs flat next door to us, knock through into it as a way of extending our house. Use it as a little annex type thing too. These old Victorian miners houses are huge up here

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 12:26 - Mar 27 with 661 viewsjaykay

mirror mirror on the wall.
what was your excuse oh you have a photographic memory.
i think you need to go on a self awareness course
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 12:30]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024