Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? 18:32 - Mar 26 with 8867 viewsmonytowbray

No help til June. Ridiculous. I’m incredibly lucky I’m still working but I have friends in music who are going to be unable to eat.

We’re doing our bit for community spirit, I suggest the Tories join the real world and do the same.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:36 - Mar 26 with 3200 viewsJ2BLUE

Everything seems so backward. They'd have been better off just just introducing a three month UBI and then looked at top ups later.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:38 - Mar 26 with 3188 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’m no fan of the Conservatives but I happen to think they’ve done a cracking job at dealing with the fallout from the Coronavirus so far.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:46 - Mar 26 with 3138 viewsLord_Lucan

Firstly they need to wait a month for the late filers. Can you comprehend how long these things take to set up???

I believe there is access to instant cash through some way or another. Why don't you have a listen.

I mean seriously, what the hell do you want?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:57 - Mar 26 with 3076 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:46 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Firstly they need to wait a month for the late filers. Can you comprehend how long these things take to set up???

I believe there is access to instant cash through some way or another. Why don't you have a listen.

I mean seriously, what the hell do you want?

People who can’t work through no fault of their own to be able to eat and pay their bills. That’s not a big ask is it?

Self employed have been left out to dry in all this.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:57 - Mar 26 with 3072 viewshomer_123

No different from companies having to claim back wages Callis.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 3064 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:38 - Mar 26 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m no fan of the Conservatives but I happen to think they’ve done a cracking job at dealing with the fallout from the Coronavirus so far.

Since their U turn on the plan everyone knew was doomed and finally pulling their fingers out for workers they’ve been better. Renters and self employed are still in the dark though.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:58 - Mar 26 with 3055 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:57 - Mar 26 by homer_123

No different from companies having to claim back wages Callis.

I think J2 should be PM.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:59 - Mar 26 with 3059 viewsWD19

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:38 - Mar 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Rommers, you are living, breathing example of why Callis gets so animated about all of this stuff.

Confidence in the current Government/PM is at an almost record high amongst the British public. Only Blair at his peak and Falklands era Maggie can come close.

It won't last, of course.....there will be a post-Covid reckoning (just like after WW2)......but it will continue to cause distress to some for as long as it persists.
Login to get fewer ads

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:59 - Mar 26 with 3052 viewshomer_123

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:57 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

People who can’t work through no fault of their own to be able to eat and pay their bills. That’s not a big ask is it?

There is no way the Gov can cover every eventuality.

As a business owner I'm potentially utterly screwed. Yet, thankfully, my staff are at least going to be paid to May...possibly a bit further.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:17 - Mar 26 with 2980 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:59 - Mar 26 by WD19

Rommers, you are living, breathing example of why Callis gets so animated about all of this stuff.

Confidence in the current Government/PM is at an almost record high amongst the British public. Only Blair at his peak and Falklands era Maggie can come close.

It won't last, of course.....there will be a post-Covid reckoning (just like after WW2)......but it will continue to cause distress to some for as long as it persists.

Apologies but I don’t really understand what your first point means? I’m proof? Why?

I think they’ve handled this crisis well so far tbh.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:20 - Mar 26 with 2956 viewsfactual_blue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:17 - Mar 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Apologies but I don’t really understand what your first point means? I’m proof? Why?

They've 'handled it well' by the simple expedient of leaving it to Civil Servants to sort out.

You know, the ones priti patel bullies.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:20 - Mar 26 with 2950 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:17 - Mar 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Callis doesn't like people to like things or people he doesn't like.

I think that is what is being suggested anyway.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:21 - Mar 26 with 2948 viewsslump

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 18:57 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

You know what. We really haven't. Well maybe a very small number, but the majority haven't.

There's a tax ill due in July thats's being deffered and unless you are a complete numbnuts then that will tide you over until June when you'll get 80% of you declared income.

If you've not got anything put away from the good times being self employes then you're either stupid or greedy.

For any avoidance of doubt. I'm self employed

UTT

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:27 - Mar 26 with 2903 viewsWD19

Because you are a non-tory member of the public who is giving the government some credit. As Lucan says, this causes upset to some.
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:27 - Mar 26 with 2896 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:21 - Mar 26 by slump

You know what. We really haven't. Well maybe a very small number, but the majority haven't.

There's a tax ill due in July thats's being deffered and unless you are a complete numbnuts then that will tide you over until June when you'll get 80% of you declared income.

If you've not got anything put away from the good times being self employes then you're either stupid or greedy.

Festival season is starting. I have mates heavily involved in that and that’s where their biggest earnings come from.

What if you were a freelancer who works periodically and has already exhausted down time funds? It leaves a lot of people vulnerable.

Deferring tax is quite different to bailing out those who are employed.

I’ve been self employed since November and have put all my tax money away, with my expenses deducted it would barely cover two months of rent if I were to suddenly run out of work.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:29 - Mar 26 with 2874 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:20 - Mar 26 by Lord_Lucan

Callis doesn't like people to like things or people he doesn't like.

I think that is what is being suggested anyway.

Is that what I said or what J2 said? I don’t think it is

It gets dull when people simply make up what my words mean based on something else.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:29 - Mar 26 with 2874 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:21 - Mar 26 by slump

Speaking as a self employed person that doesn't earn enough to pay tax it is only fair to point out that many do not have savings.
I am continuing to work though so consider myself very lucky right now.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:32 - Mar 26 with 2843 viewsslump

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:27 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Festival season is starting. I have mates heavily involved in that and that’s where their biggest earnings come from.

What if you were a freelancer who works periodically and has already exhausted down time funds? It leaves a lot of people vulnerable.

Deferring tax is quite different to bailing out those who are employed.

I’ve been self employed since November and have put all my tax money away, with my expenses deducted it would barely cover two months of rent if I were to suddenly run out of work.

Festivals start in June

I'd save for the rainy days

It is as long as it's broad

But it would ....

UTT

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:32 - Mar 26 with 2840 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:27 - Mar 26 by WD19

Because you are a non-tory member of the public who is giving the government some credit. As Lucan says, this causes upset to some.

Right, I’ve gotcha.

Wasn’t sure which side of the point you were on there. I see now - ta. And lucan.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:34 - Mar 26 with 2823 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:32 - Mar 26 by slump

Festivals start in June

I'd save for the rainy days

It is as long as it's broad

But it would ....

Festival season for employees starts in March. There are festivals that happen in April.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:36 - Mar 26 with 2810 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:27 - Mar 26 by WD19

Again, dull.

You’ve not weighed in with any input on the OP, just had a pop. Get over me.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:41 - Mar 26 with 2791 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:29 - Mar 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

Speaking as a self employed person that doesn't earn enough to pay tax it is only fair to point out that many do not have savings.
I am continuing to work though so consider myself very lucky right now.

Uber drivers and riders count here too. Many have just paid tax in January. And are already living hand to mouth.

Being self-employed doesn’t mean you’re making good money which seems to be what a lot forget.

TWTD never forgets…

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:43 - Mar 26 with 2777 viewsLord_Lucan

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:41 - Mar 26 by monytowbray

Uber drivers and riders count here too. Many have just paid tax in January. And are already living hand to mouth.

Being self-employed doesn’t mean you’re making good money which seems to be what a lot forget.

I don't think anyone thinks that do they?

You have to appreciate that we are all in a pickle, not just you.

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:43 - Mar 26 with 2775 viewsPecker

Really. This is costing the government £Billion. They are doing what they can for the majority of the population. Another political points scoring post. They really are getting stupid now.
Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:47 - Mar 26 with 2733 viewsmonytowbray

Rishi does realise bills are monthly, right? on 19:43 - Mar 26 by Pecker

Really. This is costing the government £Billion. They are doing what they can for the majority of the population. Another political points scoring post. They really are getting stupid now.

This whole “political point scoring” argument to get out of addressing flaws is becoming a joke too. We can thank resident Tory Boy Glassers for giving everyone that defence to latch on to.

Me: I have SE friends who can’t afford to pay their rent or eat and won’t be getting any help until June, this is bad.

You: POLITICAL POINT SCORING!

If that’s your only response then mine shall be as follows...

Sorry for giving a sh1t about people.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024