Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now that was uplifting 20:06 - Mar 26 with 1203 viewsPendejo

Most of the residents of the 110 flats in our close out on balconies shouting, cheering, screaming and hitting pots with spoons.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Now that was uplifting on 20:10 - Mar 26 with 1182 viewsEdwardStone

Even in my remote rural location here Mr P, neighbours were stood outside clapping

I joined in
Now that was uplifting on 20:13 - Mar 26 with 1162 viewsPendejo

Now that was uplifting on 20:10 - Mar 26 by EdwardStone

Even in my remote rural location here Mr P, neighbours were stood outside clapping

I joined in

No planes flying, few cars on motorway to drown it all out, oh and a nice still night.

Date for the BBQ set... Wet maybe not just yet eh?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 20:13]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Now that was uplifting on 20:58 - Mar 26 with 1096 viewsEdwardStone

Now that was uplifting on 20:13 - Mar 26 by Pendejo

No planes flying, few cars on motorway to drown it all out, oh and a nice still night.

Date for the BBQ set... Wet maybe not just yet eh?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 20:13]

Date tba I'm afraid....

Somehow I feel that life might take quite some time to return to normality

But, I shall keep an eye on the possibilities

Kindest wishes to you both
Now that was uplifting on 21:17 - Mar 26 with 1062 viewsFunge

Yeah man. Everyone out in this corner of IP4.

Made me a bit teary unut.
Now that was uplifting on 21:22 - Mar 26 with 1053 viewsDarth_Koont

Great for all of us to show we're all in this together.

And my sister was totally overcome - she says it's one of the most memorable experiences of her life and just what she needed to keep going. Without getting all political (this is just a fact), NHS staff haven't felt valued when it's business as usual. So this is massive.

Pronouns: He/Him

Now that was uplifting on 21:31 - Mar 26 with 1039 viewsBLUEBEAT

It was a very nice moment but completely blanketed with rage when I turned on the TV afterwards to see two massive hypocrites doing the same outside 10 Downing Street.

Poll: W or W

Now that was uplifting on 07:09 - Mar 27 with 904 viewsPippin1970

Ambulance station literally 4 doors down from us. They came out to the open grass on the front. I'm a key worker myself so it's good the majority of country there for one another.
Now that was uplifting on 07:35 - Mar 27 with 872 viewsChurchman

It was the same where I live. On an estate where normally if a person dropped dead on the pavement everyone else would step on or over without a second glance, most people where on their doorsteps applauding etc - and rightly so.
Login to get fewer ads

Now that was uplifting on 07:39 - Mar 27 with 867 viewscoolcat

Live in central London very nr to the Elephant and Castle. Been eerily quiet last week and a half for such a busy area. Then the whole area exploded in people cheering and clapping, car horns tooting. I've always been a bit of a cynic about such gestures fuelled by social media, but this one was spot on & I joined in with everyone else. It was a fantastic moment. A real show of solidarity.
Now that was uplifting on 08:27 - Mar 27 with 843 viewsBrixtonBlue

Now that was uplifting on 07:39 - Mar 27 by coolcat

Live in central London very nr to the Elephant and Castle. Been eerily quiet last week and a half for such a busy area. Then the whole area exploded in people cheering and clapping, car horns tooting. I've always been a bit of a cynic about such gestures fuelled by social media, but this one was spot on & I joined in with everyone else. It was a fantastic moment. A real show of solidarity.

You could hear the car horns in Tooting? I guess it's not that far.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024