Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the supermarkets like? 21:25 - Mar 26 with 2792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Going to have to go at some point.

Do I want to eek it out until middle of next week and go during the day or will the weekend be as quiet anyway?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What are the supermarkets like? on 10:00 - Mar 27 with 352 viewsWeWereZombies

What are the supermarkets like? on 09:46 - Mar 27 by hampstead_blue

When I went yesterday afternoon it was almost empty.

I put a sign-up 'Hampstead_Blue and his utterly ridiculous Tory ideology is onbound...Hot!'.....Works a treat....

Herbivore sent it to me....Thanks!

I actually cleaned up at the fresh meat counter. Loads of meat reduced by 60% plus. The young lad even mis-priced a sirloin joint at £2.21 which at full price would have been £25! Came home with loads of meat.

When I went to the Co-op first thing there was a load of fresh fruit and vegetables remaindered, I even got a punnet of cherries that I had intended to pay 65p for given to me free because the sell by date was the previous day. My possible significant other (it's a long and ongoing story) has complained that her Sainsbury's Local has stopped all their buy one, get one free offers but the Co-op seemed to have the usual ones on the go.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:10 - Mar 27 with 313 viewsSwansea_Blue

I put a sign-up 'Hampstead_Blue and his utterly ridiculous Tory ideology is onbound...Hot!'.....Works a treat....

I actually cleaned up at the fresh meat counter. Loads of meat reduced by 60% plus. The young lad even mis-priced a sirloin joint at £2.21 which at full price would have been £25! Came home with loads of meat.

I think I saw you

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:11 - Mar 27 with 310 viewsjeera

Maybe next time leave some there for other people too.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:14 - Mar 27 with 303 viewshampstead_blue

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:11 - Mar 27 by jeera

Maybe next time leave some there for other people too.

Really?
Come-on, stop trying to pour cold water on everything.

There was a counter crammed full of food.
Having said that it was empty when I left,......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:16 - Mar 27 with 301 viewsNewcyBlue

We went to the local Asda this morning. MrsN with her NHS ID. People not sticking to the 2m rule. Massive queues. No pasta. Hardly any milk. No eggs. No flour.

Managed to get the ex MIL’s prescription for her.

Lots of people walking round with surgical masks and disposable gloves on.

Cold day up on Tyne and Wear. Fog this morning. Cold air mass over a relatively warm sea (it’s warm relative to the air mass). Although I did see a woman get out of the sea yesterday. Got to get your swim in somehow I guess.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:26 - Mar 27 with 296 viewsjeera

What are the supermarkets like? on 11:14 - Mar 27 by hampstead_blue

Really?
Come-on, stop trying to pour cold water on everything.

There was a counter crammed full of food.
Having said that it was empty when I left,......

How's considering others pouring cold water on something?

Everyone likes a bargain, but I'll take one or 2 bits and hope that someone else finds something too. Maybe someone less well off than even me.

I don't think that's unreasonable

I genuinely do wonder if the next person around the corner might be a single mum with not much to spend. I can't help it.

Knowing my luck it's some well off type who grabs the rest for themselves and thinks I'm a sucker.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024