Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the supermarkets like? 21:25 - Mar 26 with 2795 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Going to have to go at some point.

Do I want to eek it out until middle of next week and go during the day or will the weekend be as quiet anyway?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:28 - Mar 26 with 2429 viewsjas0999

Most stores are limiting the number of people in store at any one time. You have to follow a certain route. Shelves are fairly well stocked, but no toilet roll, tissues, pasta etc.

Doubt there will be much difference between midweek and weekend.
What are the supermarkets like? on 21:33 - Mar 26 with 2393 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:28 - Mar 26 by jas0999

Most stores are limiting the number of people in store at any one time. You have to follow a certain route. Shelves are fairly well stocked, but no toilet roll, tissues, pasta etc.

OK. Thanks, useful to know about the route. Will need to re-order my list. Always going backwards and forwards after stuff normally.

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:43 - Mar 26 with 2352 viewslongtimefan

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:33 - Mar 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

OK. Thanks, useful to know about the route. Will need to re-order my list. Always going backwards and forwards after stuff normally.

Went to my local Tesco Extra at 6:45pm. Very few people, certainly no queues going in or at tills. Only extra precautions in evidence were assigned in and out entrances and staff wiping down trolleys on entry. Also hand sanitises available at entrance. Despite the low density of customers it didn’t stop some idiot coming up to me when I was selecting some grapes and literally lean right across me to pick up something
What are the supermarkets like? on 22:00 - Mar 26 with 2304 viewsITFC_Forever

Wife went today.... they were still out of a handful of things, but generally back to normal stock levels.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:02 - Mar 26 with 2299 viewsJ2BLUE

Waitrose last night at 6:30, half an hour before closing was great. Barely anyone in there. More staff than customers. Plenty of room to keep your distance.

Barely any bread (no loaves, plenty of pittas, wraps, rolls etc) and some stuff unavailable but that's a price i'll happily pay to have reduced risk.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:10 - Mar 26 with 2261 viewsericclacton

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:43 - Mar 26 by longtimefan

Went to my local Tesco Extra at 6:45pm. Very few people, certainly no queues going in or at tills. Only extra precautions in evidence were assigned in and out entrances and staff wiping down trolleys on entry. Also hand sanitises available at entrance. Despite the low density of customers it didn’t stop some idiot coming up to me when I was selecting some grapes and literally lean right across me to pick up something

Has anyone been able to get hold of small tins of carrots, i'm asking for a friend.
What are the supermarkets like? on 22:23 - Mar 26 with 2220 viewsjeera

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:02 - Mar 26 by J2BLUE

Waitrose last night at 6:30, half an hour before closing was great. Barely anyone in there. More staff than customers. Plenty of room to keep your distance.

Barely any bread (no loaves, plenty of pittas, wraps, rolls etc) and some stuff unavailable but that's a price i'll happily pay to have reduced risk.

You'd think by now that the sales of loo rolls and pasta would have at least passed their peak wouldn't you.

Bread wise wraps aren't bad thing to have in the freezer anyway; versatile and I always have a few frozen as I'm too lazy to make chapatis atm and packet tortilla wraps double up nicely.

I did buy a single bag of wholemeal flour a few days ago from a local store here. Handy to have if or when you run out of bread.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:40 - Mar 26 with 2189 viewsfactual_blue

With apologies to Leslie Nielsen, they're very big buildings that sell food and stuff. But that's not important now.

p.s

I didn't realise Leslie Nielsen had been dead for ten years.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:43 - Mar 26 with 2175 viewsfactual_blue

What are the supermarkets like? on 21:28 - Mar 26 by jas0999

We got thirty-two loo rolls from Waitrose yesterday.

And three tubes of tomato puree from Tesco.

We're sorted.

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:48 - Mar 26 with 2159 viewsFtnfwest

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:40 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

With apologies to Leslie Nielsen, they're very big buildings that sell food and stuff. But that's not important now.

p.s

I still haven’t got over that, or macho grande
What are the supermarkets like? on 22:53 - Mar 26 with 2136 viewsjeera

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:48 - Mar 26 by Ftnfwest

I still haven’t got over that, or macho grande

I have no idea what you and Facters are on about.

I suppose that's the difference just a couple of years can make - you and me, not Facters.

I have to ask before we all die, is that you in the Mickey Mouse costume or something?

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:58 - Mar 26 with 2122 viewsFtnfwest

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:53 - Mar 26 by jeera

I have no idea what you and Facters are on about.

I suppose that's the difference just a couple of years can make - you and me, not Facters.

I have to ask before we all die, is that you in the Mickey Mouse costume or something?

I’m not explaining the airplane references because as you say that’s very much an age thing.
I’d love to say that was me in the mickey costume, but no, i took that in the magic kingdom years ago just after he’d done some dance show thing near the entrance and I’d luckily guessed where he was going afterwards. So a bit of a one off shot.
What are the supermarkets like? on 23:01 - Mar 26 with 2108 viewsstonojnr

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:23 - Mar 26 by jeera

You'd think by now that the sales of loo rolls and pasta would have at least passed their peak wouldn't you.

Bread wise wraps aren't bad thing to have in the freezer anyway; versatile and I always have a few frozen as I'm too lazy to make chapatis atm and packet tortilla wraps double up nicely.

I did buy a single bag of wholemeal flour a few days ago from a local store here. Handy to have if or when you run out of bread.

youd think so I agree, but if the likes of Facters are going in buying 32 rolls, you only need another 19 people doing the same and youve sold over 640 loo rolls in one hit.

and youll want yeast to make bread too unless you like unleavened bread
What are the supermarkets like? on 23:04 - Mar 26 with 2097 viewsjeera

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:58 - Mar 26 by Ftnfwest

I’m not explaining the airplane references because as you say that’s very much an age thing.
I’d love to say that was me in the mickey costume, but no, i took that in the magic kingdom years ago just after he’d done some dance show thing near the entrance and I’d luckily guessed where he was going afterwards. So a bit of a one off shot.

Airplane. I now recognise his name.

I have seen it but not at the time, but yes I understand now.

Was he the guy who also did Police Squad? Again, not my time and not really my bag, but of course the Shoeshine Man still gets referenced. "Word on the street" etc.

Same guy?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:45]

What are the supermarkets like? on 23:09 - Mar 26 with 2088 viewsEwan_Oozami

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:40 - Mar 26 by factual_blue

p.s

You're saying he's come back to life? You can't mean that surely?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

What are the supermarkets like? on 23:37 - Mar 26 with 2039 viewsfactual_blue

What are the supermarkets like? on 23:04 - Mar 26 by jeera

Airplane. I now recognise his name.

I have seen it but not at the time, but yes I understand now.

Was he the guy who also did Police Squad? Again, not my time and not really my bag, but of course the Shoeshine Man still gets referenced. "Word on the street" etc.

Same guy?
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 23:45]

He was also the ship's captain in The Poseidon Adventure

He was Canadian, like all the most talented Americans.

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:39 - Mar 27 with 2004 viewsWeWereZombies

What are the supermarkets like? on 22:10 - Mar 26 by ericclacton

Has anyone been able to get hold of small tins of carrots, i'm asking for a friend.

It was a small tin but only had large, well one, carrot in it. Frustratingly I found a large tin of small carrots in another shop, thousands of them. These shops get everywhere. Well, they used to.

Coming back to the OP, I did a big shop Thursday morning. Broke the habit of a lifetime and got up early. Was surprised to find only two or three cars in the Co-op car park at seven a.m. and no queue to get in. Not everything was on the shelves but I got pretty much what I wanted. By eight o'clock the place was starting to get busy, I have been told that by eleven it becomes a more frustrating business. Social distancing seemed to be observed and contactless payment was much preferred. No more than two of any item allowed, as The Now Show observed on Friday, that can make buying grapes and biscuits very disappointing...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:42 - Mar 27 with 2002 viewsIllinoisblue

My local was nice and quiet. Still the shelves are half empty but they have nice big stickers on the floor advising people to keep their distance. And the cashiers were wearing gloves. Oh and my groceries came to a numerically pleasing $65.65

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:44 - Mar 27 with 1991 viewsjeera

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:39 - Mar 27 by WeWereZombies

It was a small tin but only had large, well one, carrot in it. Frustratingly I found a large tin of small carrots in another shop, thousands of them. These shops get everywhere. Well, they used to.

Coming back to the OP, I did a big shop Thursday morning. Broke the habit of a lifetime and got up early. Was surprised to find only two or three cars in the Co-op car park at seven a.m. and no queue to get in. Not everything was on the shelves but I got pretty much what I wanted. By eight o'clock the place was starting to get busy, I have been told that by eleven it becomes a more frustrating business. Social distancing seemed to be observed and contactless payment was much preferred. No more than two of any item allowed, as The Now Show observed on Friday, that can make buying grapes and biscuits very disappointing...

I am a big fan of carrots so did go on a mission a couple of weeks ago to find some; fresh were all gone, frozen out of sight, so I headed for the tins. All gone.

I tried the local shop, (it's only for locals), and they don't do tinned carrots!

I know! That's what I thought.

They did have some that were mixed with peas though but I already had peas in the freezer. So I left it.

What are the supermarkets like? on 02:21 - Mar 27 with 1952 viewsWeWereZombies

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:44 - Mar 27 by jeera

I am a big fan of carrots so did go on a mission a couple of weeks ago to find some; fresh were all gone, frozen out of sight, so I headed for the tins. All gone.

I tried the local shop, (it's only for locals), and they don't do tinned carrots!

I know! That's what I thought.

They did have some that were mixed with peas though but I already had peas in the freezer. So I left it.

You need a badly behaved child around the house, getting them to separate the peas and carrots would make a good punishment.

What are the supermarkets like? on 07:54 - Mar 27 with 1798 viewshampstead_blue

Waitrose yesterday afternoon was fine.
Lots of pasta.

Only 50 people in at any one time.
Nice and calm and relaxed.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

What are the supermarkets like? on 08:40 - Mar 27 with 1718 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What are the supermarkets like? on 00:42 - Mar 27 by Illinoisblue

My local was nice and quiet. Still the shelves are half empty but they have nice big stickers on the floor advising people to keep their distance. And the cashiers were wearing gloves. Oh and my groceries came to a numerically pleasing $65.65

I can't imagine any number beginning with a $ ever being numerically pleasing.

What are the supermarkets like? on 08:57 - Mar 27 with 1687 viewsWeWereZombies

What are the supermarkets like? on 07:54 - Mar 27 by hampstead_blue

Waitrose yesterday afternoon was fine.
Lots of pasta.

Only 50 people in at any one time.
Nice and calm and relaxed.

I guess the other three hundred saw you pulling in to the car park...

What are the supermarkets like? on 08:59 - Mar 27 with 1678 viewsElephantintheRoom

The answer to your question almost certainly depends on where you live and the customer demographic of your chosen supermarket.... not to mention when you choose to go.

On a small sample of Tesco, Aldi and Waitrose based on the small number of trips I have made it's waitrose for me - and the people I am shopping for.

Another aside is that better quality products are available from shops in the high street - butchers, fishmonger, baker - and now bizarrely, off-licence.... which are probably much better to support at the moment - or more so than ever - with no queues whatsoever.... just the joy of a mulitple infection risk.... which around here is virtually non-existant for now... but no doubt about to change.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

What are the supermarkets like? on 09:46 - Mar 27 with 1631 viewshampstead_blue

What are the supermarkets like? on 08:57 - Mar 27 by WeWereZombies

I guess the other three hundred saw you pulling in to the car park...

When I went yesterday afternoon it was almost empty.

I put a sign-up 'Hampstead_Blue and his utterly ridiculous Tory ideology is onbound...Hot!'.....Works a treat....

Herbivore sent it to me....Thanks!

I actually cleaned up at the fresh meat counter. Loads of meat reduced by 60% plus. The young lad even mis-priced a sirloin joint at £2.21 which at full price would have been £25! Came home with loads of meat.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024