Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon 07:42 - Mar 27 with 1696 viewsitfcjoe

Next has gone, as not essential - and guess a lot of other stuff will soon follow

Just a little heads up in case people need anything non essential

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 08:08 - Mar 27 with 1607 viewssolemio

If it's non-essential you don't need it, you want it.

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:12 - Mar 27 with 1508 viewsRadlett_blue

Mike Ashley is already composing his letter to the government.
Seriously, I guess the point is that delivery services should be used for essentials rather than consumer goods.

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:14 - Mar 27 with 1502 viewscallis

I've been ordering prints and music stuff from struggling artists I like. Non-essential for me but essential for them to pay the bils.

I suppose they could always delay postage until later.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:41 - Mar 27 with 1450 viewsitfcjoe

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:14 - Mar 27 by callis

I've been ordering prints and music stuff from struggling artists I like. Non-essential for me but essential for them to pay the bils.

I suppose they could always delay postage until later.

I guess small operators will be ok because in reality that will be on e person taking something from a spare room and taking it to post office - not a big warehouse of pickers and the like

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:48 - Mar 27 with 1432 viewsRadlett_blue

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:41 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

I guess small operators will be ok because in reality that will be on e person taking something from a spare room and taking it to post office - not a big warehouse of pickers and the like

Post Office still is generally functioning OK, although our main one (inside Budgens) has been shut for several days, I guess down to staffing issues. I did check out rated to send a parcel via Hermes a few days ago and they had massively hiked their rates.

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:55 - Mar 27 with 1414 viewstextbackup

essentials online for me would be DIY shops, if something breaks and needs fixing.... and electrical goods for the house.
cant think of much more you'd need open

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:58 - Mar 27 with 1399 viewsipswich78

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:41 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

But then scale that up across all of the 'non essential' things and there lies the problem. It needs to be a stricter lock down if to be done properly. Individuals selleing on eBay etc as well is still happening.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:58 - Mar 27 with 1395 viewscallis

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:55 - Mar 27 by textbackup

essentials online for me would be DIY shops, if something breaks and needs fixing.... and electrical goods for the house.

Anywhere that sells tacos.

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:59 - Mar 27 with 1397 viewsitfcjoe

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:55 - Mar 27 by textbackup

One thing we’ve ordered is just bits for the kids - crafty bits etc as just don’t have huge amounts of stuff like that to keep them occupied because of their ages as yet

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 10:01 - Mar 27 with 1380 viewssparks

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:59 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

One thing we’ve ordered is just bits for the kids - crafty bits etc as just don’t have huge amounts of stuff like that to keep them occupied because of their ages as yet

Indeed- and we have been encouraged to continue online shopping to avoid goign to shops etc.

I have ordered a bunch of garden stuff and guitar making stuff so I have things to do.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 10:06 - Mar 27 with 1346 viewsRadlett_blue

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:58 - Mar 27 by ipswich78

But then scale that up across all of the 'non essential' things and there lies the problem. It needs to be a stricter lock down if to be done properly. Individuals selleing on eBay etc as well is still happening.

I closed all the items I had out on eBay a while ago and have also forcibly shut down my local Freecycle group.
Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 10:26 - Mar 27 with 1295 viewsipswich78

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 10:06 - Mar 27 by Radlett_blue

I closed all the items I had out on eBay a while ago and have also forcibly shut down my local Freecycle group.

Likewise, only a few eBay bits for me and also stuff I had on Facebook Marketplace. If everybody takes the approach "I am only..." you scale that up and that 'only' becomes a massive problem.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:08 - Mar 27 with 1224 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lube. If we're going to be doing more riding, you've got to keep the gears turning. Nothing worse than a squeaky ride.

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:09 - Mar 27 with 1216 viewsNewcyBlue

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:08 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

Lube. If we're going to be doing more riding, you've got to keep the gears turning. Nothing worse than a squeaky ride.

Blood makes a better lubricant than tears.... oh. Yeah. Chain lube. For the bike.

What were you thinking? Weirdo.

Poll: So, which of the season ending votes do we think will win?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:12 - Mar 27 with 1206 viewstextbackup

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 09:59 - Mar 27 by itfcjoe

argos have a good 2 for 15quid deal at mo, with loads of playdough bits and bobs

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:18 - Mar 27 with 1185 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:09 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

Blood makes a better lubricant than tears.... oh. Yeah. Chain lube. For the bike.

I've got a squeaky seat post. It's driving me up the bloody wall. I've taken it out, wiped it down, cleaned out the tube it goes into. Helps for about 30 minutes and then it's back again.

Poll: What player was the poorer of these two

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:27 - Mar 27 with 1164 viewsNewcyBlue

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:18 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

I've got a squeaky seat post. It's driving me up the bloody wall. I've taken it out, wiped it down, cleaned out the tube it goes into. Helps for about 30 minutes and then it's back again.

Have you tried spitting on it and then putting it in and out very quickly with a few inches inside the hole?

Poll: So, which of the season ending votes do we think will win?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 18:09 - Mar 28 with 980 viewssolemio

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:09 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

Seven wheelchair athletes have been banned from the next Paralympics after testing positive for WD40.

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 18:17 - Mar 28 with 955 viewsNthQldITFC

Not Next, surely!

I'll have to go back to getting my underpants from Burger King, modesty notwithstanding.

The only thing I know is that I might be wrong about everything else.
Poll: Are binary opinions good or bad?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 20:35 - Mar 28 with 809 viewsRocky

I gather Royal Mail are creaking under the strain. Lots of sickness in my local office I've been told - and as staff numbers were cut to the bone anyway, I would think that deliveries will be reduced to 2 or 3 days a week within a fortnight or so.
Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 21:12 - Mar 28 with 723 viewshoppy

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:27 - Mar 27 by NewcyBlue

Have you tried spitting on it and then putting it in and out very quickly with a few inches inside the hole?

I've heard about your sort...

Poll: Leftover pizza... Do you...
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 21:16 - Mar 28 with 710 viewsEwan_Oozami

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 11:18 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Blue

There's a crack in your down tube I reckon...

Am viewing TWTD in Table Mode on this browser so apologies if replying to a completely different post to the one I intended.
Poll: How do you view the TWTD forum?

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 21:22 - Mar 28 with 689 viewspistonbroke

Seems as though a lot of online shopping will cease soon on 10:01 - Mar 27 by sparks

Indeed- and we have been encouraged to continue online shopping to avoid goign to shops etc.

I have ordered a bunch of garden stuff and guitar making stuff so I have things to do.

Even when online shopping you are relying on people having to go to work in warehouses to assemble and post your goods , why should they have to go to work when you don’t , if you need something to do then why not register for the volunteers to help other people

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020