Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town 10:07 - Mar 28 with 4146 viewsSitfcB

Watson has done well here.

A good read.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/jimmy-bullards-reflects-on-ipswich-town-spell-1-658

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:14 - Mar 28 with 3752 viewssparks

Interesting. And clearly a man who doesn't get the difference between a boss and a mate.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:30 - Mar 28 with 3713 viewsWD19

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:14 - Mar 28 by sparks

Interesting. And clearly a man who doesn't get the difference between a boss and a mate.

That is how Jewell managed.

I work with one of Bullards lifelong best friends. Some of the stories he told me were unbelievable.....and not in a good way.
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:33 - Mar 28 with 3697 viewssparks

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:30 - Mar 28 by WD19

That is how Jewell managed.

I work with one of Bullards lifelong best friends. Some of the stories he told me were unbelievable.....and not in a good way.

Im not following. Sounds like jewell was right, and Bullard got the hump because he was supposed to be his "mate".

That issue lies with the player expecting special treatment and not recognising the boundaries.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:59 - Mar 28 with 3619 viewsWD19

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:33 - Mar 28 by sparks

Im not following. Sounds like jewell was right, and Bullard got the hump because he was supposed to be his "mate".

That issue lies with the player expecting special treatment and not recognising the boundaries.

Jewell gave him special treatment and didn’t recognise boundaries. That was the norm.

I think Bullards gripe is that after many years this changed when Jewell found himself under pressure.

Whilst that was clearly a factor, putting myself in Jewells shoes, a mate would not do what Bullard did and just heap even more pressure on. It cuts both ways.

Bullard is an act first, post rationalise later, type.
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:01 - Mar 28 with 3614 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:33 - Mar 28 by sparks

Indeed. Bullard still seems to have the hump because he got a 2 week suspension for turning up late for training & not in a good state. If a manager is seen to tolerate that sort of behaviour, he loses all his authority. That's why Jim was also right to slap down the "lost weekend" boys of Amsterdam.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:13 - Mar 28 with 3568 viewsLord_Lucan

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:01 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. Bullard still seems to have the hump because he got a 2 week suspension for turning up late for training & not in a good state. If a manager is seen to tolerate that sort of behaviour, he loses all his authority. That's why Jim was also right to slap down the "lost weekend" boys of Amsterdam.

God I miss Jim

We aren't friends or anything but his number is in my phone and I signed up to some group chat thing yesterday and it flashed up with all the people in my menu that are also signed up to the app. Jims username thing is MagicJim7 which cheered me up as to me it proves that his heart is still with Ipswich.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:22 - Mar 28 with 3521 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:13 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

God I miss Jim

We aren't friends or anything but his number is in my phone and I signed up to some group chat thing yesterday and it flashed up with all the people in my menu that are also signed up to the app. Jims username thing is MagicJim7 which cheered me up as to me it proves that his heart is still with Ipswich.

Super Jim is still passionate about Town. He's also very good on Twitter and also happy to engage on most topics, including his time at town.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:26 - Mar 28 with 3499 viewsLord_Lucan

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:22 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

Super Jim is still passionate about Town. He's also very good on Twitter and also happy to engage on most topics, including his time at town.

It's been on here before but you are aware what he did on my 50th?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Login to get fewer ads

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:33 - Mar 28 with 3461 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:26 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

It's been on here before but you are aware what he did on my 50th?

No - interested, please.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:43 - Mar 28 with 3444 viewsLord_Lucan

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 11:33 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

No - interested, please.

Ah! I love telling this, it makes me tingle.

I was working at a trade show in Brum on my 50th and my phone rang, I didn't recognise the number and assumed it was a potential customer I had just met but the voice said "Hi Lucan, happy 50th, this is Jim Magilton". Obviously I thought it was a wind up and didn't believe it. So I went through all the polite "This is a wind up" stuff but the caller was insistent, I was just about to tell the bloke to feck off and I looked up at my mate and he was nodding and mouthing "It is him". I then went on to have a fantastic little conversation when I think I told him that I love him.

Turns out that RKD tweeted him and he was happy to make my day.

Brilliant stuff!!

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:08 - Mar 28 with 3337 viewsIllinoisblue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 10:59 - Mar 28 by WD19

Jewell gave him special treatment and didn’t recognise boundaries. That was the norm.

I think Bullards gripe is that after many years this changed when Jewell found himself under pressure.

Whilst that was clearly a factor, putting myself in Jewells shoes, a mate would not do what Bullard did and just heap even more pressure on. It cuts both ways.

Bullard is an act first, post rationalise later, type.

Bullard appears to have the mindset of a 12-year-old.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 13:27 - Mar 28 with 3221 viewsEdwardStone

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:08 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

But if he is a 12 year old who bangs in loads of goals, lifts the spirits of the whole club including the fans....

Who cares???
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 13:47 - Mar 28 with 3181 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:08 - Mar 28 by Illinoisblue

Yes, but his analysis of how a Town team with some decent midfield players was so ineffective was pretty accurate.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:05 - Mar 28 with 3145 viewsSuperblue95

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 13:47 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

Yes, but his analysis of how a Town team with some decent midfield players was so ineffective was pretty accurate.

The fact they were all pushing 40 didn’t help. That and the fact Jewell would try and fit about 5 of them in the same lineup, the plank

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:22 - Mar 28 with 3113 viewstractorboy1978

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 13:27 - Mar 28 by EdwardStone

But if he is a 12 year old who bangs in loads of goals, lifts the spirits of the whole club including the fans....

Who cares???

I find it baffling he is so popular. He absolutely took the piss when he signed here full time (on big money might I add). He didn't look after himself at all in the summer before signing and turned up half fit.

We can argue the toss about how Jewell tactically set us up and whether Bullard was played in the right position but he was a key part of what I would describe as the "most dislikable" ITFC team I have watched in my time as a supporter. Lots of half arsed players that turned up when they felt like it, were vastly overpaid and (I usually hate people saying this but...) didn't seem to really care. His character and personality was more of a hindrance than a help around some of the other characters we had at the club at that time.
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:32 - Mar 28 with 3084 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:22 - Mar 28 by tractorboy1978

I find it baffling he is so popular. He absolutely took the piss when he signed here full time (on big money might I add). He didn't look after himself at all in the summer before signing and turned up half fit.

We can argue the toss about how Jewell tactically set us up and whether Bullard was played in the right position but he was a key part of what I would describe as the "most dislikable" ITFC team I have watched in my time as a supporter. Lots of half arsed players that turned up when they felt like it, were vastly overpaid and (I usually hate people saying this but...) didn't seem to really care. His character and personality was more of a hindrance than a help around some of the other characters we had at the club at that time.

I think the main reason he was popular was that he was the central figure around whom Jewell got Keane's dour squad to perform decently. I remember the clamour for us to sign him permanently. I was sceptical, partly because I thought he would be on £20k a week & would no longer have a point to prove.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 14:49 - Mar 28 with 3050 viewstractordownsouth

Why the f*** was he wearing a green top with a yellow bib?

Should have been sacked on the spot

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 15:56 - Mar 28 with 2962 viewsBlueBadger

The only Town player I've hated more than Bowyer is Bullard.

A shameless waster and chancer who took every opportunity he could to take the piss and slack off.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:05 - Mar 28 with 2939 viewsRadlett_blue

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 15:56 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

The only Town player I've hated more than Bowyer is Bullard.

A shameless waster and chancer who took every opportunity he could to take the piss and slack off.

You could add Ben Thatcher to that list. funnily enough, he didn't find another club after Keane blew him out. Boy, did we have some some dodgy, ageing players around that time.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:09 - Mar 28 with 2923 viewsBlueBadger

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:05 - Mar 28 by Radlett_blue

You could add Ben Thatcher to that list. funnily enough, he didn't find another club after Keane blew him out. Boy, did we have some some dodgy, ageing players around that time.

Jewell and a lesser extent, Magilton were like a charity run for the benefit of dodgy old spivs looking for a final payout weren't they?

Scumbag Bowyer, Bullard, Chopra, REo-Coker, Thatcher...
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:10 - Mar 28 with 2917 viewsAce_High1

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:09 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

Jewell and a lesser extent, Magilton were like a charity run for the benefit of dodgy old spivs looking for a final payout weren't they?

Was a horrible squad and just think of the wages!
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:23 - Mar 28 with 2872 viewsRadlett_blue

I think that's a bit harsh on Jim. Initially, he had no money & some of the players he bought after Evans arrived were decent. By the summer of 2008, Evans didn't really trust Jim with big money but the only real duds he signed were Thatcher, Balkestein & Campo.

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:28 - Mar 28 with 2859 viewstractorboy1978

I hope you don't include Sylvain Legwinski in that list!
Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:30 - Mar 28 with 2852 viewsBlueBadger

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 16:28 - Mar 28 by tractorboy1978

I hope you don't include Sylvain Legwinski in that list!

God no!

Jimmy Bullard interview on his time with Town on 12:05 - Mar 29 with 2432 viewsArnieM

How interesting are Bullards words here...….

"“It wasn’t just down to the midfield though, it wasn’t just their crisis. I don’t think we were that strong in the centre-half position and I think we relied too much on Chops (Michael Chopra) up front.

“The biggest thing was that we lacked pace. Lee Martin and Carlos Edwards were rapid, but the rest of the team was probably the slowest in the Championship. We were all good footballers, but we were plodders.
“The other key ingredient we lacked, the thing that Paul Jewell underestimated, was that hunger, that eye of the tiger. Naturally, you lose a bit of that the older you get"

He's talking about a team in 2011...…… nearly a decade on , and those very observations
( weak in the middle , relying primarily on one striker, lacking pace/plodders, and reduced hunger associated with ageing players), by Bullard can still be applied to the Town team as a problem cant they !

Just bloody amazing tbh that this central issue STILL hasn't been addressed by managers .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024