Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... 11:23 - Mar 28 with 2428 viewsChrisd

Do you think that China might face a backlash? I can see someone like Trump taking out a lawsuit on them.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:24 - Mar 28 with 2409 viewsLord_Lucan

I think there will be repercussions of some sort.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:27 - Mar 28 with 2377 viewshampstead_blue

How long will it take before it's settled?

Looking at the video shared at work this morning and the lack of anything constituting intelligent life in the White House, I think we could be in a pretty bad way.

Last evening in Skipton a pub opened, blacked out the windows, charged a tenner for entry.
When the Police arrived the chavs kicked off big time.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:31 - Mar 28 with 2363 viewssparks

I think there should be. This appears to be form nuregulated wild animal markets for food. There have been similar issues previously.

In practice, what will anyone actually be able to do?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:51 - Mar 28 with 2295 viewsBrianTablet

In the same way that we were sued for CJD?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 2271 viewsGlasgowBlue

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:31 - Mar 28 by sparks

I think there should be. This appears to be form nuregulated wild animal markets for food. There have been similar issues previously.

Saw a video of a live dog being cooked. Fookin shameful this is allowed in some parts of China.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:53 - Mar 28 with 2290 viewsStokieBlue

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:31 - Mar 28 by sparks

They have banned those markets now but in reality it won't stop, it'll just be underground unless they enforce it.

I think it might add weight to some popularist views on the US and Europe with regard to bringing some manufacturing back and allowing the Chinese to take stakes in so many companies.

Things can be done but whether they are done in reality will be another question.

Everyone knows they are misrepresenting the truth on the numbers from China (just look at Italy, Spain and the US) for internal political reasons. My major problem with that is it means the data the rest of the world has for modelling is incomplete.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:57 - Mar 28 with 2273 viewssparks

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:53 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

They have banned those markets now but in reality it won't stop, it'll just be underground unless they enforce it.

I think it might add weight to some popularist views on the US and Europe with regard to bringing some manufacturing back and allowing the Chinese to take stakes in so many companies.

Things can be done but whether they are done in reality will be another question.

Everyone knows they are misrepresenting the truth on the numbers from China (just look at Italy, Spain and the US) for internal political reasons. My major problem with that is it means the data the rest of the world has for modelling is incomplete.

SB

Their shutdown was quicker and far more severe than most. I am not surprised to see them claiming they have got a proper grip on it- but one has to apportion one's confidence to the evidence and reliability of sources.

We dont know for sure, and it seems unlikely to be quite as good as they suggest.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:59 - Mar 28 with 2259 viewspointofblue

China will no doubt get a backlash which they’ll ignore as usual.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 12:07 - Mar 28 with 2193 viewsLord_Lucan

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:53 - Mar 28 by StokieBlue

SB

They were already technically banned.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 12:35 - Mar 28 with 2128 viewsstrikalite

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:53 - Mar 28 by GlasgowBlue

Saw a video of a live dog being cooked. Fookin shameful this is allowed in some parts of China.

They are sick fcukers, love to walk round that animal market and shoot every single one of them trading there, nothing would give me more pleasure.
Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 12:40 - Mar 28 with 2119 viewsIllinoisblue

Backlash that will get as far as people not wanting to pay twice the price for stuff Made in UK rather than Made in China

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:43 - Mar 28 with 1942 viewsElephantintheRoom

A backlash against the conservative party is far more likely. Dumbing down on devaluation of the £ and hamstringing the economy for three years via a ruinous Brexit vote following on from a decade of now disastrous cuts which now can be clearly seen to have deadly consequences.

Dispensing with care in the community, cutting back on police, social services, the NHS - then sedning out an entire nation of hospitalised patients out into the virus-filled community to free up beds, ignoring all the warning signs and actions until it was far too late - and actually hastening the deaths of thousands? of citizens with a lunatic view on 'herd immunity' that shocked the world.

And if that isn't enough - well the sacred cow of the housing market is going to tank.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:45 - Mar 28 with 1923 viewsjeera

I shall never listen to T'pau again.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:56]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:50 - Mar 28 with 1907 viewsBlueBadger

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:43 - Mar 28 by ElephantintheRoom

A backlash against the conservative party is far more likely. Dumbing down on devaluation of the £ and hamstringing the economy for three years via a ruinous Brexit vote following on from a decade of now disastrous cuts which now can be clearly seen to have deadly consequences.

Dispensing with care in the community, cutting back on police, social services, the NHS - then sedning out an entire nation of hospitalised patients out into the virus-filled community to free up beds, ignoring all the warning signs and actions until it was far too late - and actually hastening the deaths of thousands? of citizens with a lunatic view on 'herd immunity' that shocked the world.

And if that isn't enough - well the sacred cow of the housing market is going to tank.

I'd like to think that, but people are VERY stupid.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:57 - Mar 28 with 1878 viewsBlueBadger

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 12:07 - Mar 28 by Lord_Lucan

They were already technically banned.

So, they were banned in the same sense that Phil's banned Blueas, the Taxi Gang and CiL then?

*walks away whistling*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:05 - Mar 28 with 1853 viewsTrequartista

What are we going to do - write them a strongly worded letter? It's China, they will do as they please and Russia will support them.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:06 - Mar 28 with 1849 viewsjeera

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:57 - Mar 28 by BlueBadger

So, they were banned in the same sense that Phil's banned Blueas, the Taxi Gang and CiL then?

*walks away whistling*

CIL wasn't banned mate.

T'was a mutual thing.

Hurley may have been but I make no claim to know of a connection, given that one poster said for a long time they live in Basque Spain and is female, and the other claimed to reside in France and be male.

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 1834 viewsjeera

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:05 - Mar 28 by Trequartista

What are we going to do - write them a strongly worded letter? It's China, they will do as they please and Russia will support them.

So that's two strongly worded letters.

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:16 - Mar 28 with 1835 viewsPecker

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 11:27 - Mar 28 by hampstead_blue

How long will it take before it's settled?

Looking at the video shared at work this morning and the lack of anything constituting intelligent life in the White House, I think we could be in a pretty bad way.

Last evening in Skipton a pub opened, blacked out the windows, charged a tenner for entry.
When the Police arrived the chavs kicked off big time.

What is wrong with people. I truly weep for this country sometimes.
Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:17 - Mar 28 with 1831 viewsjeera

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:16 - Mar 28 by Pecker

What is wrong with people. I truly weep for this country sometimes.

Agreed.

Fecking tenner.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:21]

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:20 - Mar 28 with 1823 viewsPecker

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:17 - Mar 28 by jeera

Agreed.

Fecking tenner.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:21]

That made me laugh. Well done.
Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:41 - Mar 28 with 1785 viewsNthQldITFC

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 16:45 - Mar 28 by jeera

I shall never listen to T'pau again.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:56]

I think you might be confusing T'Pau with Taipei?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:47 - Mar 28 with 1772 viewsPecker

I was going to say that I will never buy anything made in China again, but...….
Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:56 - Mar 28 with 1759 viewsjeera

Once this is all over and some normaility is restored..... on 17:41 - Mar 28 by NthQldITFC

I think you might be confusing T'Pau with Taipei?

Hmph.

Edited.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024