Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? 18:16 - Mar 28 with 3030 viewsLord_Lucan

Or am I going mad?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 18:17 - Mar 28 with 3024 viewsfactual_blue

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 18:41 - Mar 28 with 2981 viewsslade1

You are not going mad...most bread fits a toaster but if you get Warburtons its too big. Personally I cant stand warburtons so I don't have that problem!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 18:42]
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 20:49 - Mar 28 with 2892 viewsSitfcB

I always have this argument with the Mrs and say we need a bigger toaster.

Well, we got a new toaster, bigger, or so I thought, but the bread still stuck out the top.

I have to turn the bread ffs.

Or you can buy those half loaves that are smaller and fit in.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:15 - Mar 28 with 2861 viewsjeera

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 20:49 - Mar 28 by SitfcB

I always have this argument with the Mrs and say we need a bigger toaster.

Well, we got a new toaster, bigger, or so I thought, but the bread still stuck out the top.

I have to turn the bread ffs.

Or you can buy those half loaves that are smaller and fit in.

Now this, is what they call First World Problems.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:23 - Mar 28 with 2851 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:15 - Mar 28 by jeera

Now this, is what they call First World Problems.

When the power is shut off in a few weeks' time, toaster dimensions won't be a problem.

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:24 - Mar 28 with 2847 viewsjeera

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:23 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

When the power is shut off in a few weeks' time, toaster dimensions won't be a problem.

I must order more gas bottles.

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:26 - Mar 28 with 2841 viewsbefxblue

There's a dial on the side of the toaster to adjust it for the size of bread you have, amateur.
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:27 - Mar 28 with 2839 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:24 - Mar 28 by jeera

I must order more gas bottles.

What's the point? They certainly won't fit in your toaster.

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:30 - Mar 28 with 2830 viewsjeera

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:26 - Mar 28 by befxblue

There's a dial on the side of the toaster to adjust it for the size of bread you have, amateur.

That's your toaster.

That doesn't mean everyone's toaster has that function.

How dare you doubt your fellow posters' intelligence?

*goes to check toaster*

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:32 - Mar 28 with 2826 viewsjeera

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:27 - Mar 28 by factual_blue

What's the point? They certainly won't fit in your toaster.

Cleverly, I bought a single ringed gas camping stove several years ago in some premonition of this happening.

And nothing to do with camping whatsoever, just intuitive thought.

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 21:35 - Mar 28 with 2820 viewsartsbossbeard

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 18:41 - Mar 28 by slade1

You are not going mad...most bread fits a toaster but if you get Warburtons its too big. Personally I cant stand warburtons so I don't have that problem!
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 18:42]

It's just bread?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 23:05 - Mar 28 with 2740 viewsRocky

Has toast ever tasted as good as when you've put bread on a toasting fork on an open fire?
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:24 - Mar 29 with 2650 viewsDeano69

Has anyone managed to find a toaster that browns the bread all over in one go?

Regardless of slice size the last 3 toasters purchased all have to have the bread turned and popped back down. The last 3rd 2 slice toasted bought cost well over £100 and not much better.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:31 - Mar 29 with 2639 viewsPecker

They make bread for toasters and bread for sandwiches etc. Lazy shopping on your behalf.
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:32 - Mar 29 with 2639 viewsWeWereZombies

Not just bigger, thicker too.

Although I suppose that is bigger...

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:37 - Mar 29 with 2629 viewsfooters

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:31 - Mar 29 by Pecker

They make bread for toasters and bread for sandwiches etc. Lazy shopping on your behalf.

Really makes you think. We've the brains to split the atom but still can't get decent toast. We need a rethink.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:41 - Mar 29 with 2620 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:37 - Mar 29 by footers

Really makes you think. We've the brains to split the atom but still can't get decent toast. We need a rethink.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:47 - Mar 29 with 2609 viewsPecker

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:37 - Mar 29 by footers

Footers dear boy. I trust you are keeping yourself well. The manufacturers of bread have kindly solved this problem for us. Lucan is just a lazy shopper. Just out of interest, are you a Jam, Marmite or Marmalade type.
TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:51 - Mar 29 with 2596 viewsfooters

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:47 - Mar 29 by Pecker

Footers dear boy. I trust you are keeping yourself well. The manufacturers of bread have kindly solved this problem for us. Lucan is just a lazy shopper. Just out of interest, are you a Jam, Marmite or Marmalade type.

Fine and dandy, Pecker my old mate. Hope you and your dear wife are keeping well.

Would opt for Marmite out of that little lot. Then marmalade, then jam (damson if possible). Your good self?

Also, best of luck with the ambulance tomorrow. Make sure they fasten their seatbelts!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 12:39 - Mar 29 with 2539 viewsPecker

TWTD advice. Has bread got bigger or has my toaster got smaller? on 09:51 - Mar 29 by footers

Fine and dandy, Pecker my old mate. Hope you and your dear wife are keeping well.

Would opt for Marmite out of that little lot. Then marmalade, then jam (damson if possible). Your good self?

Also, best of luck with the ambulance tomorrow. Make sure they fasten their seatbelts!

All good and safe here old bean. Surprised you are a Marmite man. I prefer it with just a good knob of butter. Start tomorrow at 6am. Stay Safe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024