Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have the Lurgy 11:11 - Mar 29 with 3976 viewsOldsmoker

Oh well, c'est la vie.
Been feeling a bit different since Friday.
So far, warm cheeks, a few aches, dry cough and feeling a bit stoned although I haven't had a smoke in 2020. Not much of temperature and no headache.
It seems to go away for a few hours making me think I'm over it and then it come backs.
The symptoms are mild so far and if they stay like this then I've dodged a bullet as I have emphysema. My breathing is fine.
I have only gone out twice in the last 2 weeks so I'm wondering when I caught it and how long my incubation period was.
I have 10 cans of soup so that's my go to food at the mo.
Will post tomorrow with an update.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

I have the Lurgy on 15:13 - Mar 29 with 904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I have the Lurgy on 15:09 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

Too many people wishing your symptoms stay mild, I hope you recover and have no symptoms!

Take care

No symptoms = no immunity!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I have the Lurgy on 15:15 - Mar 29 with 904 viewsPecker

Hope you haven't, but if you have, I wish you a full and speedy recovery.
I have the Lurgy on 16:24 - Mar 29 with 868 viewsjeera

Get well soon chap.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I have the Lurgy on 17:31 - Mar 29 with 829 viewsGogs

I've had a flushed face, slight dry cough, the odd headache here and there for at least 2 weeks (during which period i've barely left the house at all), it's worse in the evening definitely. But no other symptoms. I don't know if it is the virus, but I doubt it, as those symptoms are entirely consistent with the symptoms I get from allergies every year. If it is the virus it's a very, very mild thing for me. Without testing I'll never know for absolute certain.
My aunt who's about 75 has almost definitely got / had it. She had 3 sleepless nights where she had to sit up all night coughing and sweating, and has been poorly for over a week, when she spoke to my dad on the phone about a week back he said she was gasping for breath. Thankfully she does seem to have turned a corner now and is on the mend. She's not needed to go to hospital and has therefore not been tested either
I have the Lurgy on 16:56 - Mar 30 with 729 viewsOldsmoker

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.
I'm sitting on the sofa on Monday pm and thinking "Was that it?"
The hot forehead and warm cheeks have gone, no cough and no aches anymore.
That was a very mild dose if I had Covid-19.
So, I've been checking the NHS site and what I've had is typical of mild symptoms.
I feel like I've passed an exam and got an A.
Here's hoping that if you do get it then all of you get the same mild dose I got.
Staying in until Friday 'cos that will be 7 days and don't need to go out anyway as plenty of freezer stuff but I'll have to put the cat on a diet - she's a fat duck no mistake.

I have the Lurgy on 17:14 - Mar 30 with 699 viewsWeWereZombies

I have the Lurgy on 16:56 - Mar 30 by Oldsmoker

Thanks everyone for your best wishes.
I'm sitting on the sofa on Monday pm and thinking "Was that it?"
The hot forehead and warm cheeks have gone, no cough and no aches anymore.
That was a very mild dose if I had Covid-19.
So, I've been checking the NHS site and what I've had is typical of mild symptoms.
I feel like I've passed an exam and got an A.
Here's hoping that if you do get it then all of you get the same mild dose I got.
Staying in until Friday 'cos that will be 7 days and don't need to go out anyway as plenty of freezer stuff but I'll have to put the cat on a diet - she's a fat duck no mistake.

Glad to hear that you are OK, was getting worried that you had not posted yet today.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

I have the Lurgy on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 648 viewsChurchman

I have the Lurgy on 11:25 - Mar 29 by homer_123

Must admit....also feeling under the weather.

Headache and ache all over...no temperature though.

Hope you feel better soon fella.

Get well soon, both of you.
I have the Lurgy on 18:32 - Mar 30 with 650 viewspennyfathersleg

I had exactly the same symptoms as these! I had the cough for about two weeks, hot cheeks and felt a bit tired. It also came and went. My cough went but I seem to have another cough now. This time it seems a bit more productive but it’s making my throat sore.
Login to get fewer ads

I have the Lurgy on 22:26 - Mar 30 with 579 viewsOldsmoker

I have the Lurgy on 18:32 - Mar 30 by pennyfathersleg

I had exactly the same symptoms as these! I had the cough for about two weeks, hot cheeks and felt a bit tired. It also came and went. My cough went but I seem to have another cough now. This time it seems a bit more productive but it’s making my throat sore.

Sorry to hear you may have been re-infected or the virus went dormant then came back.
A friend who phoned me, told me not to get cocky and to continue to self-isolate and watch for signs of it coming back.
It seems he was right as your post proves.
Hope it goes away like your first episode and you get better. Let's hope you have built up a bit of immunity to it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024