Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... 12:46 - Mar 29 with 4198 viewshoppy

Will Bolton start the season on minus whatever points again, as this season would’ve have existed?
Will Bury be allowed to take their old place in League One?
Will there be a normal transfer window to start the new season potentially with a very different squad to the one that took part in the abandoned season?
Will we win many games beyond the first couple of months?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:48 - Mar 29 with 4185 viewsfactual_blue

It's up to the Peterborough chairman to decide on all these matters.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:48 - Mar 29 with 4183 viewsportmanking

Will Norwich receive another £100m? If the season is expunged, surely 2020/21 should technically be their first year in the top flight? They shouldn't benefit from two lots of £100m broadcast money surely?
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:50 - Mar 29 with 4164 viewsWD19

The single most important question is: what financial criteria will be applied to us? Will we be treated as in our first year down, or not?
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:58 - Mar 29 with 4134 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If it is expunged, Bolton must do or they have gone unpunished.

The Bury one would be a surprise if they were because, again, the punishment was meted out for good reason. However, I can understand the argument that the reformed club could argue for starting there.

The transfer window is bound to be allowed. The new season will be different regardless. Players are all a year older and not a year more experienced.

What makes you think we will win many in the first couple of months. Part of me hopes it is the reset Lambert needs and he goes on to great success. Most of me realises that won't happen and hopes he is rapidly replaced with someone who will do a far better job of getting the best out of the squad.

The giving of the money again (re Norwich and us) makes some sense. Clubs will still have contracts to honour. Will the Government have paid 80% of the wages? If they have, the argument that the income hasn't been there and the payment has already been given holds.

When will next season actually begin? Will there be sufficient time to complete it in its normal format? Is there an argument for finishing this one instead? Is there an argument for taking some carry-over where teams start with + or - points compared to the average over what has been played then play as close to a full season as is reasonable. Can there be a season where everyone plays each other once? Maybe that followed by a split league where the return games are only played against sides in that half of the division (I think Scotland used to do something like that didn't they?).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:03 - Mar 29 with 4119 viewsDennyx4

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:58 - Mar 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

The Bury one would be a surprise if they were because, again, the punishment was meted out for good reason. However, I can understand the argument that the reformed club could argue for starting there.

The transfer window is bound to be allowed. The new season will be different regardless. Players are all a year older and not a year more experienced.

What makes you think we will win many in the first couple of months. Part of me hopes it is the reset Lambert needs and he goes on to great success. Most of me realises that won't happen and hopes he is rapidly replaced with someone who will do a far better job of getting the best out of the squad.

The giving of the money again (re Norwich and us) makes some sense. Clubs will still have contracts to honour. Will the Government have paid 80% of the wages? If they have, the argument that the income hasn't been there and the payment has already been given holds.

When will next season actually begin? Will there be sufficient time to complete it in its normal format? Is there an argument for finishing this one instead? Is there an argument for taking some carry-over where teams start with + or - points compared to the average over what has been played then play as close to a full season as is reasonable. Can there be a season where everyone plays each other once? Maybe that followed by a split league where the return games are only played against sides in that half of the division (I think Scotland used to do something like that didn't they?).

Lots of good points - with regards to the Govt paying 80% - that is capped at £2500 per month - so doubt it will help the majority of the playing staff in League 1 and above.
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 with 4105 viewsDubtractor

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:48 - Mar 29 by portmanking

Will Norwich receive another £100m? If the season is expunged, surely 2020/21 should technically be their first year in the top flight? They shouldn't benefit from two lots of £100m broadcast money surely?

You know what. This is the one bit that annoys me if season is expunged. Budgies getting extra cash and another chance to stay up.

Couldn't give much of a toss otherwise.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 with 4101 viewspointofblue

And that’s why it would be better to finish this season, no matter how long is needed.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:17 - Mar 29 with 4071 viewsportmanking

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 by Dubtractor

You know what. This is the one bit that annoys me if season is expunged. Budgies getting extra cash and another chance to stay up.

I know it sounds petty on the face of it, but it's really not in the reality of the industry.

Norwich will have been rewarded for being the worst team in the league with another seismic war chest that would put more daylight between themselves and the Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:26 - Mar 29 with 4040 viewsitfcjoe

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

And that’s why it would be better to finish this season, no matter how long is needed.

Yep, I don't understand why starting next season, when it is safe to do so, would take priority over finishing this one

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:35 - Mar 29 with 4006 viewstractorboy1978

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:26 - Mar 29 by itfcjoe

Yep, I don't understand why starting next season, when it is safe to do so, would take priority over finishing this one

It'll boil down to money somewhere along the line and not wanting to potentially ruin next season as a commercial spectacle.
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:52 - Mar 29 with 3967 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 by pointofblue

None of the options work practically though unless the season can be finished by the end of June:

- Expunge results and teams that were set to achieve something lose out and those set for relegation benefit hugely
- Declare the season over now and some teams have an unfair advantage by dint of the fixture list
- Try and finish and June contracts become a huge issue, and would see the season being completed with different squads. Plus the knock-on impact on next season

It’s simply going to be a case of choosing the best of a bad set of options - but difficult to say which is best until it’s known exactly when playing again could be feasible

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 19:56 - Mar 29 with 3721 viewsEatonBlue

Cancel the rest of this season but every team carries forward plus or minus points to 2020/21 season. So for Bolton with 13 points from 33 games they carry forward -20. At the other end of the league Coventry with 67 points from 34 games would carry forward +33.
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 20:51 - Mar 29 with 3631 viewssundaze

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:17 - Mar 29 by portmanking

I know it sounds petty on the face of it, but it's really not in the reality of the industry.

Norwich will have been rewarded for being the worst team in the league with another seismic war chest that would put more daylight between themselves and the Championship.

And with money to spend on strengthening their squad, I wouldn't expect them to be in the bottom three if they start the next season from scratch.
The only team I would feel sorry for if this season is cancelled, would be Sheffield Utd, the chances are that they would not be able to replicate their incredible form again next season.
Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 23:08 - Mar 29 with 3533 viewsJimmyJazz

If the season is cancelled, do the seasons goals and appearances still count in the record books?

Will the record books show that Luke Garbutt actually played for us?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 08:19 - Mar 30 with 3396 viewsChrisd

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 13:05 - Mar 29 by Dubtractor

You just get the impression with how they are run they'll do a better job next time round. They've had a taste of what they are up against and they were just starting to get to grips with it. They'll learn from it and do a much better job of staying up if they get that second opportunity.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 8:21]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 09:17 - Mar 30 with 3339 viewsITFC_Forever

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 12:58 - Mar 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Bury haven't been liquidated yet - the club itself still exists, albeit without any coaching staff or players.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 09:50 - Mar 30 with 3300 viewshoppy

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 23:08 - Mar 29 by JimmyJazz

If the season is cancelled, do the seasons goals and appearances still count in the record books?

Will the record books show that Luke Garbutt actually played for us?

Will Everton refund the loan fee if he never played for us?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 11:30 - Mar 30 with 3226 viewsChateauWines

Questions if season is cancelled and results expunged... on 20:51 - Mar 29 by sundaze

And with money to spend on strengthening their squad, I wouldn't expect them to be in the bottom three if they start the next season from scratch.
The only team I would feel sorry for if this season is cancelled, would be Sheffield Utd, the chances are that they would not be able to replicate their incredible form again next season.

Were they not the victims of relegation when west ham stayed up despite having Tevez when shouldn't?

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024