Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK, I was wrong..... 19:01 - Mar 29 with 1333 viewsWD19

For the first time in TWTD history, it would appear I was wrong about something.

Earlier today I posted that people around my way were generally being good about social distancing. Well this afternoon I went for a little run and discovered that social distancing doesn’t apply if, amongst other things, you:

Have headphones in
Are a teenager
Are walking with your friend
Are riding a bike
Are a chav with kids
Are walking a dog
Are sufficiently middle class with kids
Think fresh air kills the virus 🦠

Sigh.

It’s going to be a long haul.
OK, I was wrong..... on 19:24 - Mar 29 with 1243 viewsNthQldITFC

But on the bright side, there can't be many that fulfill all of those criteria?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

OK, I was wrong..... on 19:53 - Mar 29 with 1143 viewsPhantomsBelievers

They don't need to meet all of those criteria at the same time; even if they meet just one of them, that's still a lot of people who think the rules don't apply to them.

I had to go food shopping Friday night (first time in over a week) and everything was going okay, people socially distancing etc. Got to the checkout, giving the guy in front plenty of distance. Once he'd finished loading his shopping onto the conveyor belt and moved past the checkout operator to re-load his trolley, I started to unload my trolley. Within about 30 seconds, some chubby bint bowls up out of nowhere, dumps a load of items on the conveyor belt in front of me, then turns to me and starts shouting "You're not social distancing, you're supposed to be 2 metres away from me, get back, get back behind that line!"

By this point, I'm like WTF? I said "I'm socially distanced from the guy in front, you've just rocked up out of nowhere."... to which she replied "I'm with him!" (the guy in front and past the checkout operator).

I was pretty much lost for words, apart from "How the f*** was I supposed to know that?!"

I was very tempted to say "As it goes I think I've just seen your name on my loaf of bread, but I was mistaken; it said 'Thick cut'... but I thought that might inflame the situation.

Plus, I thought only one person from each household was supposed to make essential food shop journeys?

It really is a shame this virus isn't more discerning...
OK, I was wrong..... on 20:12 - Mar 29 with 1093 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you know the friends/chav with kids aren't from the same household?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

OK, I was wrong..... on 09:34 - Mar 30 with 938 viewsbritbiker

Around my area I've found most people dog walking have been very good at keeping distance.

Also noticed however that only BMW and Merc drivers are allowed on the roads. I'm sure there all doing vital jobs though.
OK, I was wrong..... on 09:36 - Mar 30 with 931 viewsitfcjoe

What is wrong with people walking dogs, or walking with their family?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

OK, I was wrong..... on 10:14 - Mar 30 with 884 viewsWD19

OK, I was wrong..... on 20:12 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

I don't care what household they are from, the issue is that they were walking abreast across the middle of a bridleway in such a way as that any other sod couldn't achieve social distancing from them.....
OK, I was wrong..... on 12:50 - Mar 30 with 788 viewsSharkey

OK, I was wrong..... on 10:14 - Mar 30 by WD19

I don't care what household they are from, the issue is that they were walking abreast across the middle of a bridleway in such a way as that any other sod couldn't achieve social distancing from them.....

No wonder you bridled.
OK, I was wrong..... on 12:56 - Mar 30 with 759 viewsmanchego

OK, I was wrong..... on 20:12 - Mar 29 by J2BLUE

A proper chav will have parents who live in different houses with multiple half siblings in multiple houses.
A copy of of the electoral register for your property should list the people who share your house.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024