Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus 14:35 - Mar 30 with 684 viewseireblue

Not sure if posted before.

But I found this quite an interesting read.

https://www.ft.com/content/19d90308-6858-11ea-a3c9-1fe6fedcca75
Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus on 14:51 - Mar 30 with 645 viewsBlueBadger

Another thing from the medical world: evidence is merging that COVID-19 patients requiring mechanical ventilation are highly likely to suffer permanent lung damage as a result. Even if this goes away, the likelihood is we could have an spike of people with chronic lung disease needing regular hospital admission for the next 10-20 years.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yuval Noah Harari: the world after coronavirus on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 633 viewsDarth_Koont

Harari is always great value. He has the expert's insight but the layman's touch.

Re: the absence of global leadership and cooperation, I'd like to see the EU step into the void that is Trump. Hopefully it's been more about managing the crisis in countries at a national level but as new cases appear to be slowing down in Italy and Spain it would be good if we can start organising the world's response and how we handle the next year for the greater good.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024