Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid Parties 14:48 - Mar 30 with 1620 viewsNotSure

If managed properly I think these are a good idea.

If you are young or healthy, get it, isolate yourself for 3 weeks and then go and do whatever you want. At least then you can be sure you won't infect anyone else. There's a very small chance your immune system might get over excited and kill you but nothing is truly safe.

Government could then produce Covid cards for anyone out and about which says I've already had it and isolated myself.
Covid Parties on 14:52 - Mar 30 with 1589 viewsHerbivore

Problem is that say a million people who see themselves as young and healthy decide that this is a good idea. If just 1% of them get more severe symptoms and requite hospital treatment that's 10,000 bed spaces required at a time where we're approaching the peak of the outbreak.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Covid Parties on 14:55 - Mar 30 with 1557 viewsNotSure

Covid Parties on 14:52 - Mar 30 by Herbivore

Problem is that say a million people who see themselves as young and healthy decide that this is a good idea. If just 1% of them get more severe symptoms and requite hospital treatment that's 10,000 bed spaces required at a time where we're approaching the peak of the outbreak.

No in my fantasy world you would have to sign a waiver refusing any medical treatment. But the reward is you can now go anywhere and do whatever you want.
Covid Parties on 14:56 - Mar 30 with 1552 viewsSwansea_Blue

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me, given we're trying to delay the peak and help the NHS cope. In S Korea the main affected age group were the 20-29 year olds. At the start of the New York outbreak, the under 55s were by far the largest group being hospitalised.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Covid Parties on 15:00 - Mar 30 with 1524 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the idea of a clinically controlled program to infect volunteers of the right profile so I agree with this.
The card (maybe to wear in a lanyard) would follow.
There does seem to be varying opinions as to whether a person can catch it again though.
I’d volunteer purely to be a contributor to herd immunity.
Covid Parties on 15:04 - Mar 30 with 1508 viewsericclacton

I don't know, i'm not sure, i mean your not sure but on the other hand there's a bird.
Covid Parties on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 1476 viewsjeera

Covid Parties on 15:00 - Mar 30 by SouthBucksBlue

I posted a couple of weeks ago about the idea of a clinically controlled program to infect volunteers of the right profile so I agree with this.
The card (maybe to wear in a lanyard) would follow.
There does seem to be varying opinions as to whether a person can catch it again though.
I’d volunteer purely to be a contributor to herd immunity.

I'm not a fan of The Right, but even I think that might be going too far.

As for the lanyard/card carrying idea, that would be assuming there's all these testing kits going about spare.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Covid Parties on 15:29 - Mar 30 with 1437 viewsbournemouthblue

Doesn't this fail on the assumption the immunity actually lasts?

It also wouldn't stop the spread of the virus, it creates a false sense of security

You could still be spreading it to others through cross contamination
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 15:30]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Covid Parties on 15:31 - Mar 30 with 1421 viewsjeera

Covid Parties on 15:29 - Mar 30 by bournemouthblue

Doesn't this fail on the assumption the immunity actually lasts?

It also wouldn't stop the spread of the virus, it creates a false sense of security

You could still be spreading it to others through cross contamination
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 15:30]

It's a ridiculous idea which the government began implementing themselves a few weeks ago until it was realised isolation was probably a better bet.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid Parties on 15:31 - Mar 30 with 1416 viewsgiant_stow

I think the Chinese are using some kind of app with traffic light colours to help determine if people are 'safe' or not.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Covid Parties on 15:32 - Mar 30 with 1410 viewsStokieBlue

Covid Parties on 14:55 - Mar 30 by NotSure

No in my fantasy world you would have to sign a waiver refusing any medical treatment. But the reward is you can now go anywhere and do whatever you want.

You've got one of the most appropriate avatar pictures on here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Covid Parties on 15:45 - Mar 30 with 1356 viewsElephantintheRoom

Well yes this is not far from officia government policy of old people die anyway and herd immunity until another boffin did a sum on the back of a fag packet.

It might actually be more benefial than cooping up 57 million people who havent got the virus in self isolation for three weeks before telling them that they have to carry on for another six weeks.

Or not follow your own instructions, catch it and bluster that you're going to run the country by skype because its not that big a deal really

Of course IF the government really cared they would have invested in some testing so those who actually have the virus and their contacts could be isolated (if only we had somewhere to isolate them).

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Covid Parties on 17:04 - Mar 30 with 1278 viewsGuthrum

Very bad idea. Thousands of people somewhere between quite and extremely ill. Others looking after them becoming infected.

Hundreds or thousands of cases of pneumonia at once.

How do you know you are completely healthy? People (including the young) have discovered unknown health conditions too late and died.

There is still very limited understanding of how natural C-19 immunity works, how long it lasts, etc.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Covid Parties on 17:05 - Mar 30 with 1270 viewsGuthrum

Covid Parties on 14:55 - Mar 30 by NotSure

You probably won't be allowed to go to the rest of the world, being now a potential carrier.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024