Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? 15:55 - Mar 30 with 14769 viewsWarkystache

Mine was Geoff Capes. Fat, obnoxious w*nker.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:45 - Mar 30 with 2062 viewsjeera

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:18 - Mar 30 by solemio

Cilla Black was voted most objectionable passenger by airline cabin crews. She thought she was the most important person in the world.

I didn't ever meet her, but I don't mind too much.

Bobby Robson was universally liked by rail crews on the East Coast mainline.

For balance, how did the rail crews on the East Coast mainline view Cilla?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:50 - Mar 30 with 2057 viewsPinewoodblue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:32 - Mar 30 by Lord_Lucan

Did he fondle your arse?

I was getting pre lunch drinks, bar was busy as hotel was hosting an SNP conference, he spoke first and asked why I wasn’t wearing by security ID and which part of Scotland I represented. Told him it was a public bar which welcomed English visitors.

Would describe him as a supercilious shortarse.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:58 - Mar 30 with 2041 viewsPendejo

Didn't like

Jay Kay, Sol Campbell, ainsley harriot

Liked

Jeremy Clarkson, he had a massive hang over was a bit grumpy, but complimented my driving and said hmm when I said something about a journey being boring just like it should be, sometime later they did the stretch limo thing.

Yusuf Islam a.k.a. Cat Stevens

But THE best... Muhammad Ali. L.A. July 1981, magic shop somewhere near our hotel. Absolutely awesome, funny, attentive and seemed to have a genuine affection for Brits.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:22 - Mar 30 with 1996 viewsBlueNomad

Met quite a few politicians:

Worst - Priti Patel. Aloof and totally disinterested in crime and social deprivation in a briefing a couple of years before she was elected to the Commons.

District and County Councillors- p*ssed with their own self-importance.

Best - In general MP’s!

Celebrities - best Jimmy Greaves and Frank Bruno.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:23 - Mar 30 with 1980 viewsBluefish

roy keane

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:25 - Mar 30 with 1974 viewseastangliaisblue

Tim Flowers. Not exactly a celeb i know. It was after the game at home the year Blackburn won the league. I was around 16 at the time with my little brother who was waiting by the Blackburn coach for autographs. Tim Flowers came marching past and onto the coach. All of a sudden a massive row erupted with him and someone who was already on there. (No idea who.)
Flowers then stormed off the coach. My brother was enough distance away to not be in his way. As he went past my brother he shouted at him to "get the feck out of my way."
My brother was nine.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 19:29]
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:28 - Mar 30 with 1951 viewsITFC_Forever

I’ve met a few, mainly footballers and the like and they all been pleasant enough.

But I must give a special mention to Mark King (Level 42) who is an absolute top bloke and done a lot for my brother and his family when he was ill and after he passed away, came to the funeral as well from his home on the Isle of Whight.

Willie Thorne is a nice guy as well, he joined our four-ball on a golf day as we were one short and he fancied a game.

My brother through his line of work met loads and loads of celebs... the Take That lads are good guys (especially Mark), Noel Gallagher was a laugh and the Rolling Stones are full of funny stories (as you can imagine, given their careers).
Lady Gaga has a massive entourage, is quiet, but polite and pleasant enough.
Britney Spears was ok, but didn’t quite get the British sense of humour.

One of the Coronation Street girls is / was VERY friendly....

Madonna on the other hand is a complete nightmare. Rude, bossy and generally not at all pleasant.
Olly Murs is full of himself.

I could go on for ever....
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 21:33]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:31 - Mar 30 with 1931 viewsEnigma_Blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:23 - Mar 30 by Bluefish

roy keane

For all the world i thought you would have said Paul Lambert. Or have you just not met him in person yet?
Login to get fewer ads

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:31 - Mar 30 with 1927 viewsjeera

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:25 - Mar 30 by eastangliaisblue

Tim Flowers. Not exactly a celeb i know. It was after the game at home the year Blackburn won the league. I was around 16 at the time with my little brother who was waiting by the Blackburn coach for autographs. Tim Flowers came marching past and onto the coach. All of a sudden a massive row erupted with him and someone who was already on there. (No idea who.)
Flowers then stormed off the coach. My brother was enough distance away to not be in his way. As he went past my brother he shouted at him to "get the feck out of my way."
My brother was nine.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 19:29]

I don't like Tim Flowers after reading that.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:34 - Mar 30 with 1918 viewsChondzoresk

This may surprise...I found Fiona Bruce very offish. Tall, it’s all about me and unapproachable.

David Lowe....remember him well, not keen on him either. Had argument with him when he barged into my work...when I was younger.

Best....Bryan Adams, pint sized dwarf, great personality, time for everyone.
Special mention to Griff Rhys Jones. Excellent bloke.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:37 - Mar 30 with 1906 viewsMelford

I don't like speaking ill of the dead but Jade Goody was a right stuck-up cow who insulted a few people when she came into where I was working at the time, had a go at some of the locals and slagged the place off. Her boyfriend was a nice bloke who kept apologising for her.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:40 - Mar 30 with 1888 viewsBluefish

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:31 - Mar 30 by Enigma_Blue

For all the world i thought you would have said Paul Lambert. Or have you just not met him in person yet?

Never met him, never want to

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:44 - Mar 30 with 1880 viewsITFC_Forever

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:28 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Forever

I’ve met a few, mainly footballers and the like and they all been pleasant enough.

But I must give a special mention to Mark King (Level 42) who is an absolute top bloke and done a lot for my brother and his family when he was ill and after he passed away, came to the funeral as well from his home on the Isle of Whight.

Willie Thorne is a nice guy as well, he joined our four-ball on a golf day as we were one short and he fancied a game.

My brother through his line of work met loads and loads of celebs... the Take That lads are good guys (especially Mark), Noel Gallagher was a laugh and the Rolling Stones are full of funny stories (as you can imagine, given their careers).

Madonna on the other hand is a complete nightmare. Rude, bossy and generally not at all pleasant.

Brother in law as an ex pro knows / has known literally hundreds of footballers too.

I have come to the realisation, that none of the vaguely interesting stories I have to tell are not mine, but my brother’s / brother-in-law’s / a certain mate who is prone to unusual occurrences.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:01 - Mar 30 with 1837 viewsjeera

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:44 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Forever

Brother in law as an ex pro knows / has known literally hundreds of footballers too.

I have come to the realisation, that none of the vaguely interesting stories I have to tell are not mine, but my brother’s / brother-in-law’s / a certain mate who is prone to unusual occurrences.

I hate Olly Murs and I've never even met him.

I exchanged numbers with Mark King's daughter some years ago and we kept in touch for a while, just by phone and online. Seemed friendly enough and her dad sounded a reasonable bloke from her stories.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:17 - Mar 30 with 1789 viewssolemio

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:45 - Mar 30 by jeera

For balance, how did the rail crews on the East Coast mainline view Cilla?

Captain Mainwaring has asked me to pass on to you his usual message.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:21 - Mar 30 with 1785 viewsFootballpete

I saw Mick Jones in a pub in Shepherds Bush after we'd drawn 1-1 with QPR (Legwinski scored from memory, around 2007?). I was so worried he would be a bellend that I decided not to go over and talk to him, despite him being a hero of mine.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:29 - Mar 30 with 1755 viewsFenland_Blue

Working around Newmarket the worst two were-

Derek Thompson - The Cockwomble would only speak to the shop owner and not the riff-raff as he always wanted stuff on the cheap, was heard to say “Why should I pay what the general public does?”
Frankie Dettori- Threatened to go home at a small local book signing as the Blackcurrant squash was just a supermarket brand, as “Mr Dettori only drinks Ribena”

Saffron Walden-

Germaine Greer - Arrogant and rude, used to get very annoyed when asked to confirm her address when booking goods to her account.
Jamie Oliver’s dad - Everybody use to hide from him as he was hard work and come across rude but he was actually a nice bloke.

England cricketer Alec Stewart was a top bloke despite saying I looked like a Norwich supporter.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:31]

Up and mainly down, following Town since 88

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:35 - Mar 30 with 1732 viewsEdwardStone

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:33 - Mar 30 by Sharkey

(He Must Have been) Quite a Guy

I don't think that he ever did move to Memphis

Although he thought about it apparently

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:45 - Mar 30 with 1702 viewsITFC_Forever

Ooh, here’s another one... Pauline Quirke was very rude and unpleasant when I had the mispleasure to meet her too..

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:53 - Mar 30 with 1684 viewsmonytowbray

Not quite a celeb but Andy Marshall's Dad was mates with my Dad's Burnley supporting mate. Met him a couple of times as a kid. Not so much dislikable but after that Burnley away game in 2003 when Marshall gave away a penalty he was in the pub after and wouldn't shut up about how it wasn't Andy's fault, with every defence possible, even though it was clearly his fault LOL. More annoying if anything.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/5459257.soccer-burnley-1-1-ipswich-town-nati
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:53]

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:54 - Mar 30 with 1676 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Jon Hartson.

Blokes a complete cockwomble

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:04 - Mar 30 with 1646 viewsbluelagos

Michael Mansfield. Incredibly aloof.

Tbf, people I know who know him well are very complimentary.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:14 - Mar 30 with 1627 viewsbadadski

Griff Rhys Jones used to be a bit of a bore and never polite when he used to go to Ipswich odeon.
Best would have been, although most people won’t know him as a house/trance DJ but mike koglin who was voted in top 100 world DJ’s.
I managed to buy his technics 1210’s and he took the time out to say rather than me driving to London he met me and a mate at stanstead McDonald’s when he was picking up the guy that done the soundtrack to human traffic. He spent 2 and half hours chatting to us and signing some stuff we brought with us. He still happily chats and replies even to This day and this was years ago when I got his decks.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:30 - Mar 30 with 1584 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Katie Boyle, arrogant old trout.
Amanda Donohoe, , miserable as sin.

Good uns include Cleo Lane, Johnny Dankworth, Jake Burns, Rick Wakeman.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:31 - Mar 30 with 1577 viewsLord_Lucan

Great to hear

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024