Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? 15:55 - Mar 30 with 14715 viewsWarkystache

Mine was Geoff Capes. Fat, obnoxious w*nker.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:39 - Mar 30 with 4280 viewssparks

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:04 - Mar 30 by bluelagos

Michael Mansfield. Incredibly aloof.

Tbf, people I know who know him well are very complimentary.

He was perfectly pleasant when I met him. Though he was on a paid gig to speak.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:45 - Mar 30 with 4260 views66notout

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:03 - Mar 30 by hampstead_blue

Alan Brazil.

Sorry, but was scathing about certain ethnic and other groups. Had a day on the lash with him and he lost any respect he'd earned from being a class footballer.

My experience too.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:47 - Mar 30 with 4254 views66notout

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:03 - Mar 30 by hampstead_blue

Alan Brazil.

Sorry, but was scathing about certain ethnic and other groups. Had a day on the lash with him and he lost any respect he'd earned from being a class footballer.

Came out with several racist remarks. It’s why he didn’t accept invitation to go on I’m a Celebrity etc.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 22:05]
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 22:01 - Mar 30 with 4219 views66notout

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:53 - Mar 30 by monytowbray

Not quite a celeb but Andy Marshall's Dad was mates with my Dad's Burnley supporting mate. Met him a couple of times as a kid. Not so much dislikable but after that Burnley away game in 2003 when Marshall gave away a penalty he was in the pub after and wouldn't shut up about how it wasn't Andy's fault, with every defence possible, even though it was clearly his fault LOL. More annoying if anything.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/5459257.soccer-burnley-1-1-ipswich-town-nati
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:53]

Had a similar experience when I met Chris Martin’s old man in Portugal when he was also on holiday there. Couldn’t believe the arrogance of the man. Also met David Norris on the same vacation and he couldn’t have been nicer. Met Chris Kamara a few years back and didn’t like him one bit. Nicest football celeb I’ve met is Sir Alex, absolute gentleman.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 22:25 - Mar 30 with 4177 viewssolemio

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 21:30 - Mar 30 by StochesStotasBlewe

Katie Boyle, arrogant old trout.
Amanda Donohoe, , miserable as sin.

Good uns include Cleo Lane, Johnny Dankworth, Jake Burns, Rick Wakeman.

Cleo and John just great. Great musicians too.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 23:06 - Mar 30 with 4110 viewsBlueNomad

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 22:25 - Mar 30 by solemio

Cleo and John just great. Great musicians too.

A few years ago, just before Christmas, I went to get a trolly from the shelter at Bury Tesco. There was a big bloke next to me and we both tried to wrestle our trollies from the stack when mine suddenly came loose. The bloke just managed to get his hand free without injuring it. I looked round and saw it was Rick Wakeman who laughed. Seemed like a really nice guy.

I wonder how big the insurance claim would have been.......
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 23:08]
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 23:13 - Mar 30 with 4094 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:45 - Mar 30 by ITFC_Forever

Ooh, here’s another one... Pauline Quirke was very rude and unpleasant when I had the mispleasure to meet her too..

On the other hand Linda Robson is a gem.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 23:41 - Mar 30 with 4047 viewsChurchman

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:30 - Mar 30 by Churchman

The chef Aynsley Harriott. Not pleasant and used the phrase ‘don’t you know who I am?’.

On the like side, the late Jill Dando was lovely as was Nerys Hughes and Darcy Bussell. Rod Stewart was very pleasant too.

An interesting one was the actor Michael Brandon (did a series years ago called Dempsey and Makepeace). He walked into where I was working and the staff, all females, melted. With his looks, suntan and easy charm, I geared myself up to hate him with a passion. But on meeting him he was interesting, funny, charming and polite. I couldn’t help but like him and nothing in subsequent meetings altered that view. The b’stard was even married to the actress Glynis Barber, was was lovely too and not just in the looks department. Some people have it, the mere mortals don’t.

On a football note, my dad went round Waldringfield golf course a few times with Alex Mathie when he was a player. He thought he was a great guy and good company.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 7:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 02:24 - Mar 31 with 3983 viewsurbanblue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:35 - Mar 30 by EdwardStone

I don't think that he ever did move to Memphis

Although he thought about it apparently

He did actually!

https://www.furious.com/perfect/colorblindjames.html
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 04:28 - Mar 31 with 3956 viewsIPS_wich

Not met many celebs, but had two very positive interactions.

When I was about 10 in the mid-80s and Sir Bobby was England manager he and his family were sat down to dinner in a restaurant at the table next to us. Turns out my Dad hired Sir Bob's son to work at Willis' when he finished school and for some reason my Dad had met Sir Bob on a couple of occasions in the late-70s. Sir Bob remembered my Dad and asked if we wanted to join tables. My Dad was too polite and said no (the 10-year old me was gutted), but Sir Bob insisted that my Dad introduce his kids, so Sir Bob chatted to me and my brother for a few minutes (about football of course). As I was an Ipswich fan he spent more time talking to me than my brother who said he preferred Man Utd and Mark Hughes was his favourite player.

In 1992 I had a weekend job working in the kitchen of the old Clowns restaurant. Middle of a Saturday afternoon when the place was empty this group of about 10 walked in. It was the band Extreme and their roadies who were in Ipswich as the support act to Bryan Adams when he played at Portman Rd. They came in and said they'd been told we did the best burger and fries in the town so they'd come here especially. Thing is, although my kitchen job was mainly making starters and deserts I was often left on my own on the dead afternoon shift and I was the only person in the kitchen at the time. The waitress had no idea who they were!! They were lovely, complemented the burgers, paid in cash with a bunch of 50 pound notes and gave both me and the waitress a 50 pound tip (which was massive as I was earning 2.25 an hour). The main chef came back a couple of hours later and was gutted (mainly about the tip).
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 07:00 - Mar 31 with 3921 viewsITFC_Forever

Another one... that will disappoint you all....

Robbie Savage is a genuinely nice bloke and not at all like the character he plays up to on the radio.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 07:54 - Mar 31 with 3872 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Jim Magilton - Met him briefly around 2003/2004 we played Coventry away and were in the hospitality. I waited to get my nephews shirt signed by as many of the players as possible, all were class with the exception of Jim who came out last and told me to F off. Met him later and had the guts to bring it up turns out he had just had a fight in the changing rooms with Shefki for missing a last minute sitter.

2000 - met the players at Newmarket and all were in very good form, Wrighty although a non drinker was smashed, Venus was chatting up the barmaid and Makin telling us all about he hated Man City (Man Utd fanatic) so much and hoped we sent them down on the Monday night.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 07:56 - Mar 31 with 3860 viewshampstead_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:16 - Mar 30 by flimflam

Fair enough. Used to know them to speak to in passing when they frequented the Barn and were good lads but changed after they hit the big time.
The whole era was messy and a bit hazy so I'll take your word.

She knew them from when they were successful.
Sounds like you've both met them at different times.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 08:14 - Mar 31 with 3849 viewshype313

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 07:54 - Mar 31 by ColchesterBlue1985

Jim Magilton - Met him briefly around 2003/2004 we played Coventry away and were in the hospitality. I waited to get my nephews shirt signed by as many of the players as possible, all were class with the exception of Jim who came out last and told me to F off. Met him later and had the guts to bring it up turns out he had just had a fight in the changing rooms with Shefki for missing a last minute sitter.

2000 - met the players at Newmarket and all were in very good form, Wrighty although a non drinker was smashed, Venus was chatting up the barmaid and Makin telling us all about he hated Man City (Man Utd fanatic) so much and hoped we sent them down on the Monday night.

Jim was awful when on the beers, numerous times he was being rude and abusive in Brannigans.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 09:15 - Mar 31 with 3792 viewsEdwardStone

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 02:24 - Mar 31 by urbanblue

He did actually!

https://www.furious.com/perfect/colorblindjames.html

Thank you Mr Urban, I am unexpectedly happy to hear this....

Although seems like, unlike Elvis, it didn't really work out for him
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 16:29 - Mar 31 with 3558 viewssoupytwist

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:18 - Mar 30 by solemio

Cilla Black was voted most objectionable passenger by airline cabin crews. She thought she was the most important person in the world.

I didn't ever meet her, but I don't mind too much.

Bobby Robson was universally liked by rail crews on the East Coast mainline.

There is an airline pilot & cabin crew message board which has a thread on the opposite subject to this. Fair to say Cilla does not come out of it well.

Edited to add, here it is - https://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 16:30]
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 16:47 - Mar 31 with 3515 viewsJuggsy

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:07 - Mar 30 by Radlett_blue

Prince Andrew seemed a bit of a jerk when he appeared in our office a few years ago.
Glad I got that one right!

Agreed, met him in the Falklands in 2002 and he was an utter cockwomble. Plainly didn’t want to be there or be involved with the Services to mark the 20th anniversary of the Falklands War. Made everybody’s life a misery for the few days he was there.

Pleasingly he got in hot water onhis return as he’d been partying hard in Chile prior to this and it was plastered all over the papers
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:53 - Mar 31 with 3410 viewssoupytwist

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 17:14 - Mar 30 by EdwardStone

Colorblind James, from the Colorblind James Experience

Although he wasn't actually called James, but he was colourblind

Absolute gent, wonderful bloke

RIP, drowned in his own swimming pool a few years back

I saw the Colorblind James Experience as a student at the University of Kent in 1988 on what I now learn was one of their three European tours.

They were really good.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 19:18 - Mar 31 with 3385 viewsTractorWood

I ran into Tyson Fury in Nice about an hour or two before England Vs Iceland in the lobby of his hotel. I asked for a picture and he told me to f**k off. To his credit he was in a bad way (slurring and swaying) and built like an absolute wardrobe.

When I said fair enough and moved away to wait for my mates, his friends apologised on his behalf.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:12 - Mar 31 with 3332 viewsEdwardStone

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 18:53 - Mar 31 by soupytwist

I saw the Colorblind James Experience as a student at the University of Kent in 1988 on what I now learn was one of their three European tours.

They were really good.

Glad you enjoyed them....I thought they were astonishingly good

A somewhat unusual sound with the main man on the vibraphone.

Hard to think of any other front man who plays the vibes, the only one I recall is....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=liz9Vj5-YzE&list=PLjU_znMkUZJA9I-LfwrFgnQFNMf9y3002&index=54

*Edited to give better link*

[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 20:21]
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 20:51 - Mar 31 with 3263 viewsNBVJohn

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 07:00 - Mar 31 by ITFC_Forever

Another one... that will disappoint you all....

Robbie Savage is a genuinely nice bloke and not at all like the character he plays up to on the radio.

I have to say that wasn’t my experience of him.

He used to frequent a hotel I worked at and was a total knob, though not in Neil Lennon’s league.
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 22:29 - Mar 31 with 3203 viewsRadlett_blue

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 04:28 - Mar 31 by IPS_wich

Not met many celebs, but had two very positive interactions.

When I was about 10 in the mid-80s and Sir Bobby was England manager he and his family were sat down to dinner in a restaurant at the table next to us. Turns out my Dad hired Sir Bob's son to work at Willis' when he finished school and for some reason my Dad had met Sir Bob on a couple of occasions in the late-70s. Sir Bob remembered my Dad and asked if we wanted to join tables. My Dad was too polite and said no (the 10-year old me was gutted), but Sir Bob insisted that my Dad introduce his kids, so Sir Bob chatted to me and my brother for a few minutes (about football of course). As I was an Ipswich fan he spent more time talking to me than my brother who said he preferred Man Utd and Mark Hughes was his favourite player.

In 1992 I had a weekend job working in the kitchen of the old Clowns restaurant. Middle of a Saturday afternoon when the place was empty this group of about 10 walked in. It was the band Extreme and their roadies who were in Ipswich as the support act to Bryan Adams when he played at Portman Rd. They came in and said they'd been told we did the best burger and fries in the town so they'd come here especially. Thing is, although my kitchen job was mainly making starters and deserts I was often left on my own on the dead afternoon shift and I was the only person in the kitchen at the time. The waitress had no idea who they were!! They were lovely, complemented the burgers, paid in cash with a bunch of 50 pound notes and gave both me and the waitress a 50 pound tip (which was massive as I was earning 2.25 an hour). The main chef came back a couple of hours later and was gutted (mainly about the tip).

A friend of mine is a Spurs fan & he won a raffle prize which was a seat in the directors' box for the game of his choice. At his chosen Spurs game, SBR was England manager & also in the directors' box. They happened to be queuing for a half time cup of tea together,Spurs were 2-0 up & Lineker had scored both goals. My mate turned to SBR & said, conversationally, "We're lucky to have a striker like Gary Lineker". SBR turned puce, foamed at the mouth & replied "You f***ing c**t".
"Pardon"?
"You f****ng c**t. You people are all the same, you never give anyone credit for anything".
My mate realised SBR, who was under huge tabloid pressure at the time, had thought he'd said, or implied, that HE, as England manager, was lucky to have Gary Lineker, so took his amiable comment as a derogatory attack. Shows what pressure can do to people.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 23:13 - Mar 31 with 3154 viewsBluedanW

Statto (Angus loughran)
He was with Alan Brazil in premier enclosure members bar at newmarket races. Me and some mates had a great chat and a few beers with Alan, but as soon as we met them one of my friends said "statto my mate could give you a run for your money on facts" (this was when fantasy football league was still big) he just grunted at us and stormed off.

We continued to have a good chat with Alan, so much so he lost me a few quid when he convinced me to back a different horse from the one we had been tipped. My mates were quid in, Alan werent too bothered sitting at the bar with his chilled champagne
Ever met a celebrity you didn't like? on 23:19 - Mar 31 with 3141 viewsjaykay

james robertson justice and michael winner two prize prats

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024