Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Thought. 20:45 - Mar 30 with 1061 viewsericclacton

After this situation we are in has passed, will...
1-A high percentage of people stop paying big companies to watch football from armchairs?
2-A whole bunch of people stop buying expensive season tickets to watch footballers earning crazy high salaries?
3. Third and fourth division clubs will become semi professional through lack of income? I'm asking for a friend.

[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:47]
A Thought. on 20:49 - Mar 30 with 1009 viewsPecker

Unfortunately, your average human has a very short memories when it comes to things like this. A few months after this is hopefully over, people will just revert back to their normal life. I hope we live in a much nicer and fairer society, but alas, probably not.
A Thought. on 20:50 - Mar 30 with 1003 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Depends on what proportion of people have the finances.

Most sectors are going to be hit fairly hard. However, there will be others who will have benefitted.

One thing I did think about is that with the death till being most significant among older people it will reduce the overall pension provision from Government. Probably not by a very significant sum though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A Thought. on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 985 viewsBlueBadger

1. Probably not
2. Probably not
3. Maybe.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 20:52]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A Thought. on 21:40 - Mar 30 with 879 viewsgordon

A Thought. on 20:50 - Mar 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

Depends on what proportion of people have the finances.

Most sectors are going to be hit fairly hard. However, there will be others who will have benefitted.

One thing I did think about is that with the death till being most significant among older people it will reduce the overall pension provision from Government. Probably not by a very significant sum though.

This will be massively outweighed by the hit to pension funds though.
A Thought. on 22:56 - Mar 30 with 826 viewsWeWereZombies

For 3. I guess you mean semi-professional by the way they are paid, not the way they play {insert joke here}. It could start a new set of TWTD polls, as in 'What do you think Cole Skuse's other job will be?'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024