Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ending the season 🏑 21:10 - Mar 30 with 969 viewsLesta_Tractor

Both Midlands and Eastern Hockey Associations have decided to regard the 19/20 league season as complete and have settled league positions by percentage of points won and goal difference.

Surely the same could be applied to football? Guess the play-offs could be scrapped and 3rd place be promoted.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Ending the season 🏑 on 21:52 - Mar 30 with 895 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Good for them. I approve of this.

I would suggest if the football leagues did this then 3rd bottom staying up and only 2 being promoted would make more sense. The 3rd bottom side is the one with the best chance of staying up and 3rd place is not a promotion place.

I can see the arguments against but I think that would be as fair a resolution as any other.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Ending the season 🏑 on 07:16 - Mar 31 with 799 viewsbrogansnose

I do wonder why there can't be some mathematical system used to settle all this or something along the lines of crickets Duckworth Lewis method.

Disclaimer: I've no idea how the DL method works but it serves a purpose.
Ending the season 🏑 on 09:24 - Mar 31 with 748 viewsMercian

The best way to settle it is to null and void the season.
Ending the season 🏑 on 09:29 - Mar 31 with 739 viewsNotSure

Ending the season 🏑 on 09:24 - Mar 31 by Mercian

The best way to settle it is to null and void the season.

The best way to settle it is to realise that Covid-19, in isolation, is killing far less people than the stats show and restart the season at the beginning of May.
Ending the season 🏑 on 09:42 - Mar 31 with 725 viewsHerbivore

It's going to be a little while until football can be played, but I don't see any reason why when it restarts it shouldn't be to finish the current season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ending the season 🏑 on 09:44 - Mar 31 with 726 viewsMercian

Ending the season 🏑 on 09:29 - Mar 31 by NotSure

The best way to settle it is to realise that Covid-19, in isolation, is killing far less people than the stats show and restart the season at the beginning of May.

That's the worst thing to do, Covid-19 in isolation is killing far less people because, wait for it, people are in isolation. Lift the isolation and tidal waves resume. I would have thought that people would at least try to educate themselves on the facts of this crisis. Obviously not. Filling Portman Road, Anfield etc on May 1st would be just as disastrous as Donald Trump's "I want to see full churches on Easter Sunday" idea, if not more so.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 9:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024