Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus 21:08 - Mar 31 with 1063 viewsTommyparker

The boy,who had no underlying health conditions, died in hospital in the early hours of Monday, the hospital said.
He is believed to be the youngest victim of Covid-19 in the UK.
A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 21:18 - Mar 31 with 1011 viewsBloomBlue

Very sad far too young.
A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 21:37 - Mar 31 with 952 viewshomer_123

Source?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 21:38 - Mar 31 with 954 viewsElderGrizzly

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 21:37 - Mar 31 by homer_123

Source?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/boy-13-die-london-after-testing-po

Very sad, but with all these it is “no known” underlying conditions
A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 23:04 - Mar 31 with 823 viewsrkc123

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 21:38 - Mar 31 by ElderGrizzly

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/31/boy-13-die-london-after-testing-po

Very sad, but with all these it is “no known” underlying conditions

As you said, very sad whatever the details may be, but I do wish the news wouldn't jump on to these 'young people can die from it too' stories before all details are available. There was news of a 21 year old woman dieing from it the other day, and it was since reported in the guardian she actually had a heart attack. When you then look at the response to the updated story on Twitter and the like there are a significant number of people commenting on how the media is looking to exaggerate the effect it can have on young, healthy people, which I think then has the opposite effect that these stories appear to be aiming for (i.e. make everyone realise it can be serious for people of all ages, the young are not immune).

Just to be clear I understand how serious it can be for people of all ages, my point is just about how these cases are being reported.
A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 23:56 - Mar 31 with 753 viewsjeera

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 23:04 - Mar 31 by rkc123

As you said, very sad whatever the details may be, but I do wish the news wouldn't jump on to these 'young people can die from it too' stories before all details are available. There was news of a 21 year old woman dieing from it the other day, and it was since reported in the guardian she actually had a heart attack. When you then look at the response to the updated story on Twitter and the like there are a significant number of people commenting on how the media is looking to exaggerate the effect it can have on young, healthy people, which I think then has the opposite effect that these stories appear to be aiming for (i.e. make everyone realise it can be serious for people of all ages, the young are not immune).

Just to be clear I understand how serious it can be for people of all ages, my point is just about how these cases are being reported.

Understand what you're saying but to be fair, the report on the poor girl wasn't down to the media, they were just reporting on the information they were given at the time.

As for the 'underlying' health issue, it may also be important to note that people who do die may not have if it wasn't for the influence the virus has on top of whatever else is going on. A person's body can only take so much huh?

So, although the reporting might seem a little misleading to say, "someone died of the virus", it's also right to acknowledge it if it a strong contributing factor.

No reference to this young boy as I haven't read anything about him as yet.

Poor little mite though, that's just terrible and I'm sad for his family and friends.

Dreadful under any circumstances.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 00:57 - Apr 1 with 692 viewsfactual_blue

A 13 year old boy from London has died from coronavirus on 23:56 - Mar 31 by jeera

Understand what you're saying but to be fair, the report on the poor girl wasn't down to the media, they were just reporting on the information they were given at the time.

As for the 'underlying' health issue, it may also be important to note that people who do die may not have if it wasn't for the influence the virus has on top of whatever else is going on. A person's body can only take so much huh?

So, although the reporting might seem a little misleading to say, "someone died of the virus", it's also right to acknowledge it if it a strong contributing factor.

No reference to this young boy as I haven't read anything about him as yet.

Poor little mite though, that's just terrible and I'm sad for his family and friends.

Dreadful under any circumstances.

The hospital treating him has announced it as a death caused by coronavirus, and they've informed the coroner accordingly.

Nothing said about 'underlying' health issues, but presumably whether there were or not will be revealed by due process.

But, as you say, whatever the cause, it's still the very sad death of a child.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024