Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... 08:30 - Apr 1 with 784 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....saving them £8 Billion and making them more resilient to face the future and their share price falls 10%....fancy!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:35 - Apr 1 with 772 viewsStokieBlue

Why is it bizarre?

If you own the shares and were keeping them solely for the dividend payment given the current volatility why would you keep them now?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:37 - Apr 1 with 751 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:35 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

Why is it bizarre?

If you own the shares and were keeping them solely for the dividend payment given the current volatility why would you keep them now?

SB

Exactly...almost like our system is built on short term wealth extraction for the few rather than any thought for long term resilience.

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:43 - Apr 1 with 728 viewsStokieBlue

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:37 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Exactly...almost like our system is built on short term wealth extraction for the few rather than any thought for long term resilience.

You're doing it again - that doesn't really related to your first post.

You'd have had lot less issues with people lately if you'd put both those paragraphs in your first post rather than expecting people to guess what you actually mean.

Surely you can see that?

SB

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:52 - Apr 1 with 705 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:43 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

You're doing it again - that doesn't really related to your first post.

You'd have had lot less issues with people lately if you'd put both those paragraphs in your first post rather than expecting people to guess what you actually mean.

Surely you can see that?

SB

Tell Sid!
It relates exactly. What other point could I have been making?

Edit...people need to join the dots for themselves!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 8:53]

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:58 - Apr 1 with 687 viewsStokieBlue

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:52 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

Tell Sid!
It relates exactly. What other point could I have been making?

Edit...people need to join the dots for themselves!
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 8:53]

Only trying to help.

It looked like you didn't understand why the price had gone down and it made no sense. In reality you were making a politically charged point on the economic paradigm. It wasn't clear at all - I don't know how you can't see that.

SB

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 09:21 - Apr 1 with 650 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:58 - Apr 1 by StokieBlue

Only trying to help.

It looked like you didn't understand why the price had gone down and it made no sense. In reality you were making a politically charged point on the economic paradigm. It wasn't clear at all - I don't know how you can't see that.

SB

It must just be the way my mind works Stokie!

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 12:25 - Apr 1 with 556 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 12:33 - Apr 1 with 537 viewsGuthrum

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 12:25 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

Blimey! That's seriously heavy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 12:33 - Apr 1 with 536 viewsgiant_stow

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 08:37 - Apr 1 by BanksterDebtSlave

People investing for dividend income aren't the wronguns in the stocvk market are they? If they see that income drying up, why npot move on? Its the speculators who are trouble.

Yours,
A know-nothing.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 14:38 - Apr 1 with 477 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How bizarre....banks suspend dividend payments.... on 12:33 - Apr 1 by giant_stow

People investing for dividend income aren't the wronguns in the stocvk market are they? If they see that income drying up, why npot move on? Its the speculators who are trouble.

Yours,
A know-nothing.

Just to point out that most of the increase in share value and hence increased dividend payments since the financial crisis is due to companies buying back their own shares with all that free QE money we gave them and then suffered austerity for.....go long pitchforks inc would be my tip!
Oh and we are in the process now of giving them a whole heap more!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024