Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge 11:40 - Apr 1 with 3001 viewshampstead_blue

A few here have jumped into Gove as a 'bare faced liar'.

Ask yourself this.
Do you think he may have been given duff info, not def info?
Just asking.

Some will jump on me as a Tory boy - yawn. The question is the quality of the information.

Not who gave it....the quality.

As things are changing faster than a (insert here) it could be that a junior bod made an assumption and dropped a minister in the pot.

Gove may have been handed proper duff info.......

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 11:43 - Apr 1 with 1680 viewsHerbivore

Utterly shameless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 11:43 - Apr 1 with 1678 viewsSteve_M

It's been day after day of spin and bluster on testing from the government. Blaming junior staff is a cowardly way of deflecting attention from where it should be focused - the UK is not testing enough people.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 11:57 - Apr 1 with 1625 viewsEwan_Oozami

The briefing goes out to the whole world, not just the UK, anyone preparing content for such a speech would, you'd think, be scrupulous in making sure the speaker was given the correct information.

The problem is, this government seems to run on ideology, not pragmatism, which they can get away with in normal times (despite the binning of the pandemic planning exercise results from 2016) - but in times like these, if you're going to trash the economy, you really need to make sure you're getting the best information you can, and have really good people analysing it, not just seeing what you want to see based on your ideology and developing your strategy from that..

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 1608 viewseireblue

I thought you were pro facts, and anti-belief.

You are a believer.

“Yes, I know the Bible says this, but what I think we can say is....”

Flies, Eyes.
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:10 - Apr 1 with 1575 viewshampstead_blue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 11:57 - Apr 1 by Ewan_Oozami

The briefing goes out to the whole world, not just the UK, anyone preparing content for such a speech would, you'd think, be scrupulous in making sure the speaker was given the correct information.

The problem is, this government seems to run on ideology, not pragmatism, which they can get away with in normal times (despite the binning of the pandemic planning exercise results from 2016) - but in times like these, if you're going to trash the economy, you really need to make sure you're getting the best information you can, and have really good people analysing it, not just seeing what you want to see based on your ideology and developing your strategy from that..

Yeah yeah yeah...

It's a simple question.

Do you think that in what must be a ridiculously busy and changing environment someone dropped a ball....That's the question.......I've taken out politics, can you not read man!

I swear some of you will see green jelly if I said blue t-rex..........RTFQ and maybe ATFQ.

Crikey!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:13 - Apr 1 with 1564 viewseireblue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:10 - Apr 1 by hampstead_blue

Yeah yeah yeah...

It's a simple question.

Do you think that in what must be a ridiculously busy and changing environment someone dropped a ball....That's the question.......I've taken out politics, can you not read man!

I swear some of you will see green jelly if I said blue t-rex..........RTFQ and maybe ATFQ.

Crikey!

The role of a senior government minister is not to parrot junior civil servants data to the public.

Take the politics out of your thinking.
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:19 - Apr 1 with 1550 viewshampstead_blue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:13 - Apr 1 by eireblue

The role of a senior government minister is not to parrot junior civil servants data to the public.

Take the politics out of your thinking.

Sorry but did you read the post?

A senior minister cannot be over every aspect of the detail. As such rely on juniors to get it to them.
Do you know think that a junior made a mistake and dropped the minister in it?

Our CEO relies on us to get our comms and peice correct. He trusts us and yes we make a mistake from time to time.

I'm not sure you how more simple it could be....

You are calling 'liar, liar' when actually he's a bright man and it could easily be, and I'd put a £1 on it, that he was dropped in it.

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:22 - Apr 1 with 1536 viewsSomethingBlue

They can't slip up in your eyes, can they?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:24 - Apr 1 with 1533 viewsJ2BLUE

The truth... by hampstead_blue

And up next, How to be a dynamic midfielder by Jonathan Douglas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:26 - Apr 1 with 1525 viewsitfcjoe

I wonder if Dianne Abbott would have been given the benefit of the doubt like this

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:27 - Apr 1 with 1521 viewsEwan_Oozami

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:10 - Apr 1 by hampstead_blue

Yeah yeah yeah...

It's a simple question.

Crikey!

He could have been given duff info, I'm not saying it isn't possible, and yes, it is a fast-moving situation - and yes, everybody wants all the details and reasoning behind every government utterance, and will put their own spin on it - and it's harder to control the news cycle during a crisis, and I think Labour wouldn't have done any better than the current govt.

But these politicians are running the country, to infer they are passive recipients of expert advice is a bit disingenuous IMHO - they could ask hard questions about the provenance of the info, they could add some caveats, they could be more specific about what they hope to achieve over the next 24 hours.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold both the politicians and the experts to high standards considering the gravity of the situation - it's what would happen in the private sector...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:27 - Apr 1 with 1515 viewsLord_Lucan

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:26 - Apr 1 by itfcjoe

I wonder if Dianne Abbott would have been given the benefit of the doubt like this

Dianne Abbot wouldn't have been proved right.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:27 - Apr 1 with 1510 viewsfooters

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:19 - Apr 1 by hampstead_blue

A senior minister cannot be over every aspect of the detail. As such rely on juniors to get it to them.

Our CEO relies on us to get our comms and peice correct. He trusts us and yes we make a mistake from time to time.

You are calling 'liar, liar' when actually he's a bright man and it could easily be, and I'd put a £1 on it, that he was dropped in it.

Yet just the other week you took the complete opposite stance with Philip Rutnam, who Patel was right to get rid of as his department had made many mistakes.

So who you hold accountable for these things seems to change with the wind. Or if it's a Tory.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:28]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 1495 viewsBrixtonBlue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 11:43 - Apr 1 by Herbivore

Utterly shameless.

Imagine the quandary hampstead would be in if the Army were at odds with the Tories.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:32 - Apr 1 with 1483 viewsLord_Lucan

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:31 - Apr 1 by BrixtonBlue

Imagine the quandary hampstead would be in if the Army were at odds with the Tories.

The Army are always at odds with all governments.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:33 - Apr 1 with 1468 viewsBrixtonBlue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:32 - Apr 1 by Lord_Lucan

The Army are always at odds with all governments.

I mean publicly, in a statement or something.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:36 - Apr 1 with 1454 viewsgiant_stow

bollox.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:47 - Apr 1 with 1393 viewshampstead_blue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:27 - Apr 1 by Ewan_Oozami

He could have been given duff info, I'm not saying it isn't possible, and yes, it is a fast-moving situation - and yes, everybody wants all the details and reasoning behind every government utterance, and will put their own spin on it - and it's harder to control the news cycle during a crisis, and I think Labour wouldn't have done any better than the current govt.

But these politicians are running the country, to infer they are passive recipients of expert advice is a bit disingenuous IMHO - they could ask hard questions about the provenance of the info, they could add some caveats, they could be more specific about what they hope to achieve over the next 24 hours.

I don't think it's unreasonable to hold both the politicians and the experts to high standards considering the gravity of the situation - it's what would happen in the private sector...

Crickey, too your time!

The rest is just smoking out the point.....why did it take so long? Is it not hard to admit that someone may have made a mistake....

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:49 - Apr 1 with 1382 viewshampstead_blue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:27 - Apr 1 by footers

Yet just the other week you took the complete opposite stance with Philip Rutnam, who Patel was right to get rid of as his department had made many mistakes.

So who you hold accountable for these things seems to change with the wind. Or if it's a Tory.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 12:28]

I think it's a lot different.

Anyhow, my point, as was conferred that someone could have dropped the ball and passed Gove a stinker.

Not sure how many times I can be 'agnostic' for some to get that far.

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:06 - Apr 1 with 1331 viewseireblue

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:19 - Apr 1 by hampstead_blue

You have just demonstrated why we went to War in Iraq.

You don’t take definitive action or make public pronouncements on a single source of data.

That, by the way, is your proposed excuse. He had duff info from a junior bod.

Your proposed excuse, is not an acceptable reason, for a senior minister to make such a mistake.

In the past honourable ministers used to take responsibility.

You have a belief system, that allows you to excuse behaviour that would be un-acceptable, if it were not for your team.
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:30 - Apr 1 with 1271 viewsSpruceMoose

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 12:49 - Apr 1 by hampstead_blue

I think it's a lot different.

Anyhow, my point, as was conferred that someone could have dropped the ball and passed Gove a stinker.

Not sure how many times I can be 'agnostic' for some to get that far.

Of course you think it's different.

You'll never accept it, but you're every bit as cultish as those Momentum/JC types you get all frothy about. We can all see it. It's just you who is blind to it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:32 - Apr 1 with 1251 viewslongtimefan

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:06 - Apr 1 by eireblue

You have just demonstrated why we went to War in Iraq.

You don’t take definitive action or make public pronouncements on a single source of data.

That, by the way, is your proposed excuse. He had duff info from a junior bod.

Your proposed excuse, is not an acceptable reason, for a senior minister to make such a mistake.

In the past honourable ministers used to take responsibility.

You have a belief system, that allows you to excuse behaviour that would be un-acceptable, if it were not for your team.

Strange that no one's noticed that what Gove actually said wasn't duff info anyway!
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:41 - Apr 1 with 1223 viewsChurchman

It’s possible he was given duff info, but the reality is that the government has hidden behind the ‘experts’ and has been chasing behind from the start. Whatever the truth behind testing, other governments across europe and most other countries have done it far better. We are testing virtually nobody after all this time. A million tests against a population of 65 million would be insufficient, let alone the paltry numbers the tories are admitting to. As the dreadful bbc woman points out, the old cliche of if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it applies. BJs shower remind me of an idiot captain of a ship telling everyone to bail it out while not bothering to find out where the leaks are.

Whatever the truth of Gove’s mumblings, he is accountable for what he said yesterday and if it’s rubbish, he should be out of a job.

It also strikes me that there should be a government of national unity as this one clearly cannot cope. If we are ‘all in it together’ why isn’t the likes of Starmer and co involved?
The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:59 - Apr 1 with 1182 viewsghostofescobar

Gove is incapable of not fibbing. It's ingrained. Just look at his history. A man that even his fellow Tories couldn't trust be be their leader (twice rejected). If that bunch think there is something wrong with you, then your issues are off the chart. A tw@t. Unfortunately just one of bucketloads of them in the Government.

GhostOfEscobar

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 14:00 - Apr 1 with 1180 viewslongtimefan

The truth....to the best of one's knowledge on 13:41 - Apr 1 by Churchman

It’s possible he was given duff info, but the reality is that the government has hidden behind the ‘experts’ and has been chasing behind from the start. Whatever the truth behind testing, other governments across europe and most other countries have done it far better. We are testing virtually nobody after all this time. A million tests against a population of 65 million would be insufficient, let alone the paltry numbers the tories are admitting to. As the dreadful bbc woman points out, the old cliche of if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it applies. BJs shower remind me of an idiot captain of a ship telling everyone to bail it out while not bothering to find out where the leaks are.

Whatever the truth of Gove’s mumblings, he is accountable for what he said yesterday and if it’s rubbish, he should be out of a job.

It also strikes me that there should be a government of national unity as this one clearly cannot cope. If we are ‘all in it together’ why isn’t the likes of Starmer and co involved?

"It’s possible he was given duff info, but the reality is that the government has hidden behind the ‘experts’ and has been chasing behind from the start"

You mean you'd rather have MPs dictating the policy rather than the scientists and experts. Wow! Personally I wouldn't trust a single politicians' views above those of subject experts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024