Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Settlement of sports bets 16:22 - Apr 1 with 647 viewsTheonlywayisup

If the season was to not finish what do you think would happen to bets placed on the season?

I have a hefty wager on Bolton to be relegated for example so would seem grim if this was voided. I am sure many punters have bet on Liverpool to win the league for example too.

I did think they would have to honour these bets as if bookies were to void every single bet including losing bets they would be worse off than if they settle bets as they are....

I know this is of little importance given the current climes but just thought I'd get any opinions....
Settlement of sports bets on 16:26 - Apr 1 with 631 viewsitfcjoe

I guess they work out which way round gives them the biggest profit and do that.

Reality is if the season is null and void then all bets are too, and that must include previous bets settled/unsettled with regards to season long outcomes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Settlement of sports bets on 16:27 - Apr 1 with 626 viewsbluelagos

If no one wins / or is relegated - then how can they pay out on them? So they would have to refund all bets.

Of course those made in shops would need the punter to have the betting slip = which is unlikely say if you bet on Man U to win the league.

Whether that means they still make a shed load (Given most betting I presume is now online) I've not a clue tbh.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Settlement of sports bets on 16:30 - Apr 1 with 612 viewsfooters

At least one will pay out on Liverpool as a PR stunt, and others may follow suit.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 16:31]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Settlement of sports bets on 16:33 - Apr 1 with 587 viewsSitfcB

A couple have paid out on Liverpool already.

The bets will just be voided.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Settlement of sports bets on 16:44 - Apr 1 with 557 viewsJ2BLUE

I wouldn't worry about it yet. The season will probably get finished behind closed doors one way or another.

I'd be amazed if it got cancelled unless things keep getting worse.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Settlement of sports bets on 16:45 - Apr 1 with 550 viewsbluelagos

Settlement of sports bets on 16:44 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

I wouldn't worry about it yet. The season will probably get finished behind closed doors one way or another.

So many reasons to do this. Not least, to make ensure Naaridge get relegated.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Settlement of sports bets on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 541 viewsJ2BLUE

Settlement of sports bets on 16:45 - Apr 1 by bluelagos

So many reasons to do this. Not least, to make ensure Naaridge get relegated.

The world cup style idea has government backing. It would be great for lockdown morale. Great for Sky and BT.

Could even keep it to essential games. In the Prem there is little reason for 11th to play 10th on the last day etc.

Truly impaired.

Settlement of sports bets on 17:02 - Apr 1 with 506 viewsTheonlywayisup

Settlement of sports bets on 16:44 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

I wish I could agree with you but I believe there is more chance the football will not get finished and in a month or so will not be on anyone's mind whatsoever. I do hope I am wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Settlement of sports bets on 17:27 - Apr 1 with 475 viewsITFC_Forever

Settlement of sports bets on 16:48 - Apr 1 by J2BLUE

The world cup style idea has government backing. It would be great for lockdown morale. Great for Sky and BT.

Could even keep it to essential games. In the Prem there is little reason for 11th to play 10th on the last day etc.

Isn't there a difference in prize money of £ millions per position?

And then there's clauses for players contracts - goal / appearance bonuses, position in the league bonus etc

They'll find a way to finsih the leagues, one way or another. There's too much money for the Prem / FA / FL to lose for them not to.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Settlement of sports bets on 17:50 - Apr 1 with 448 viewsJ2BLUE

Settlement of sports bets on 17:02 - Apr 1 by Theonlywayisup

I wish I could agree with you but I believe there is more chance the football will not get finished and in a month or so will not be on anyone's mind whatsoever. I do hope I am wrong.

That opinion seems to be based on pessimism alone rather than any clear data. There are signs that the numbers may be slowing and if people keep isolating we can hopefully be on the downward leg by then which will reduce pressure on the NHS. A world cup style camp at St George's Park seems like a brilliant solution. It would be a major mental health boost, solve the problems with broadcasters and allow the season to play out before a mini break and the start of next season.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024