Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland till I die 16:29 - Apr 1 with 1392 viewsmojo

Series 2 now on Netflix for those that are interested
Sunderland till I die on 19:30 - Apr 1 with 1319 viewstractordownsouth

Watched it earlier. That Charlie Mevtham is a bit of a helmet.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sunderland till I die on 20:39 - Apr 1 with 1271 viewsFPL_Tractor

Interesting quote that went along the lines of “if you don’t break even, and some rich bloke pays the cheque at the end of the month to keep the club afloat, it’s no longer the fans’ club it’s his”

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Sunderland till I die on 22:09 - Apr 1 with 1216 viewsJimmyJazz

Sunderland till I die on 20:39 - Apr 1 by FPL_Tractor

Interesting quote that went along the lines of “if you don’t break even, and some rich bloke pays the cheque at the end of the month to keep the club afloat, it’s no longer the fans’ club it’s his”

But more to the point was that it breeds a mentality where the staff don't need to strive to make ends meet, the big man just pays the bills each month, so no worries.

Reminded me of the money we spent on certain players earlier in ME's reign, only to see their contracts run down and the asset leave for nothing. No problem, the big man pays the monthly bills.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Sunderland till I die on 22:50 - Apr 1 with 1170 viewsCokeIsKey

Sunderland till I die on 19:30 - Apr 1 by tractordownsouth

Watched it earlier. That Charlie Mevtham is a bit of a helmet.

While it’s true that he comes across as a bit of a nob, he seems like exactly the kind of nob we need at this club. Hard working, ambitious, and not afraid to tell the staff that what they’re doing isn’t good enough. If we had someone like him instead of Lee O’Neil we would probably be in the top two positions, and Lambert would be out of the club.

Maby if he departs Sunderland we could get him working alongside Mike Ashley, that would certainly be interesting...

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Sunderland till I die on 23:59 - Apr 1 with 1107 viewsevansblue

Sunderland till I die on 22:50 - Apr 1 by CokeIsKey

While it’s true that he comes across as a bit of a nob, he seems like exactly the kind of nob we need at this club. Hard working, ambitious, and not afraid to tell the staff that what they’re doing isn’t good enough. If we had someone like him instead of Lee O’Neil we would probably be in the top two positions, and Lambert would be out of the club.

Maby if he departs Sunderland we could get him working alongside Mike Ashley, that would certainly be interesting...

I agree - he set the bar high when he wanted the record crowd for a league one game and he got it. He is one of those blokes that if you do your job, show passion and work hard he would leave you alone but he won’t put up with slackers coasting along. It was obvious the Irish girl would leave
Sunderland till I die on 08:22 - Apr 2 with 977 viewsChrisd

Sunderland till I die on 23:59 - Apr 1 by evansblue

I agree - he set the bar high when he wanted the record crowd for a league one game and he got it. He is one of those blokes that if you do your job, show passion and work hard he would leave you alone but he won’t put up with slackers coasting along. It was obvious the Irish girl would leave

Exactly, aim for the stars. That’s something we haven’t done at this club for sometime. The expectation is mediocre. I like how he says, ‘They need to see what good looks like!’ surely our owner should be portraying that message to the club’s staff and set the benchmark with his words and actions? As a club, I feel we set the bar low, regardless of fans’ expectations, lack the drive and ambition to want to be successful. PL does understand that, look at his drive to encourage us back, to get us excited about the club again and the need to have pride in the stadium and the training ground, he knows the importance of this. It’s on the pitch with his management where he needs the help and support.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2020 9:18]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024