Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Observations on social distancing 09:30 - Apr 2 with 4488 viewsStokieBlue

So I realise this is anecdotal but I also have some info to back it up from some local doctors.

I went for a cycle two days ago and passed through the orthodox Jewish community in Stamford Hill and they were not adhering to the social distancing rules in any way. Families were walking together chatting with 6 or 7 buggies and all the kids were playing together in communal spaces (20-30 kids at least). Groups of men were standing together much closer than 2m and chatting away.

The other cohort I noticed who didn't seem to be adhering to the advice were teenage couples although there were less of those around than I had seen previously.

I think on the whole the rules are being adhered to very well but I guess there are some communities and cohorts to whom the message has yet sunk in.

Anyone else noticed any specific examples of social distancing being ignored in a big way?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Observations on social distancing on 15:53 - Apr 3 with 608 viewsClapham_Junction

On a related note to the OP, the Israeli government has decided to completely lock down Bnei Brak, one of the main religious cities in the country (almost all inhabitants are ultra-orthodox). It's estimated that nearly 40% of the city have the virus.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-52149316
Observations on social distancing on 17:27 - Apr 3 with 584 viewsjeera

Observations on social distancing on 09:06 - Apr 3 by Lord_Lucan

Nice car.

You're a bit younger than I realised. I was thinking more along the line of this:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Observations on social distancing on 17:48 - Apr 3 with 564 viewsEwan_Oozami

Observations on social distancing on 09:53 - Apr 3 by WeWereZombies

Sorry it has taken me so long to read this thread but I would just like to say that I hope you did not stamp your foot...

Post Office Pun Thread Klaxon!!!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Observations on social distancing on 10:03 - May 14 with 448 viewsStokieBlue

So it's been 6 weeks since my original anecdotal observation about the orthodox community in Stamford Hill and it seems they haven't taken much on board over those 6 weeks:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-lockdown-jewish-fest

I guess one could argue it's not that much different to getting on a rammed bus but it's certainly not within the rules as they stand at the moment.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Observations on social distancing on 10:10 - May 14 with 443 viewsWeWereZombies

Observations on social distancing on 17:48 - Apr 3 by Ewan_Oozami

Post Office Pun Thread Klaxon!!!!

And Stokie has only just been told that cashier number three is free...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Observations on social distancing on 12:24 - May 14 with 415 viewscatch74

Observations on social distancing on 09:45 - Apr 2 by gordon

In general, I'd have thought that social distancing is being observed to the extent required, and focusing on the small number of individuals in society who might not be doing so probably isn't that useful.

There’s a real balance between our freedom v countering the virus.
This is an interesting read (below) , will need to watch the programme. I guess it really depends on what we are prepared to sacrifice to control the spread.
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/may/13/the-country-that-beat-the-v

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024